E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC dead and replaced by donor car help

06-19-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
szr
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d

CIC dead and replaced by donor car help

Hello,

I have replaced my CIC business by a secon hand cic drive becouse mine has crashed while programming with ista/P.

The orginal one gets stucked by programming BO and I have blackscreen with no radio sound. Is there a fix for it?Maybe something like image of the harddisk what is working that i can copy on mine harddisk?

I bought a donor CIC drive, how can I activate navigation without can emulator. I have coded the doner CIC with ista/p (replaced module option). I have read that I need 3 codes from the local BMW dealer. I have bought the Rep code set with my orginal vin code and the vin code of the donor car but I can't import them with ista/P and activate navigation option.

How can I activate the navigation and is there a possebility that the second hand cic has no mapdata on it?...?

* I also tryed using a Canfilter, but stil with the filter navigation option is grey*..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 10:24 PM   #2
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by szr View Post
Hello,

I have replaced my CIC business by a secon hand cic drive becouse mine has crashed while programming with ista/P.

The orginal one gets stucked by programming BO and I have blackscreen with no radio sound. Is there a fix for it?Maybe something like image of the harddisk what is working that i can copy on mine harddisk?

I bought a donor CIC drive, how can I activate navigation without can emulator. I have coded the doner CIC with ista/p (replaced module option). I have read that I need 3 codes from the local BMW dealer. I have bought the Rep code set with my orginal vin code and the vin code of the donor car but I can't import them with ista/P and activate navigation option.

How can I activate the navigation and is there a possebility that the second hand cic has no mapdata on it?...?

* I also tryed using a Canfilter, but stil with the filter navigation option is grey*..
You can't use a used CIC as a replacement without making it virgin it first because it still contains the FSC data from the donor vehicle and it cannot be overwritten even with the replacement function in ISTA/P.

There's only a few people with the knowledge to do it, like the professional CIC retrofitters.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2015, 05:33 AM   #3
szr
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
You can't use a used CIC as a replacement without making it virgin it first because it still contains the FSC data from the donor vehicle and it cannot be overwritten even with the replacement function in ISTA/P.

There's only a few people with the knowledge to do it, like the professional CIC retrofitters.
but its also not working with a can filter? do you have any idea why? could it be that the cic has no mapdata on it or its broken?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 07:30 AM   #4
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by szr View Post
but its also not working with a can filter? do you have any idea why? could it be that the cic has no mapdata on it or its broken?
If you already tried doing the replacement procedure in ISTA/P, you've overwritten the CIC VIN with your vehicle's VIN, invalidating the FSC data stored for the old VIN in the CIC.

FSC Activation is a three-way handshake. The FSC data in the CIC must match the CIC VIN and the CIC VIN must match the CAS VIN. If any of these three are not matching, FSC activation fails.

The CAN filter only bypasses the CIC -> CAS VIN matching requirement, the CIC VIN and the FSC data must still match VIN.

Change the VIN of the CIC back to the original donor VIN using Tool32 and a CAN filter should work.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2015, 03:05 PM   #5
szr
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
If you already tried doing the replacement procedure in ISTA/P, you've overwritten the CIC VIN with your vehicle's VIN, invalidating the FSC data stored for the old VIN in the CIC.

FSC Activation is a three-way handshake. The FSC data in the CIC must match the CIC VIN and the CIC VIN must match the CAS VIN. If any of these three are not matching, FSC activation fails.

The CAN filter only bypasses the CIC -> CAS VIN matching requirement, the CIC VIN and the FSC data must still match VIN.

Change the VIN of the CIC back to the original donor VIN using Tool32 and a CAN filter should work.
thankyou Dracon for your explanation! Now I have to find either a guide to change the vin back or something to erase all FSC date of the cic unit to make it virgen again. Do you have a link of the tool32 guide, I would be nice. If not I will google for it. And thanks again!
Appreciate 0