E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Calling all MOST bus experts!!

09-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I AM OFFICIALLY RETROFITTED!! Big thanks to all who helped

hey guys so i finally got my sat module and coded satellite into my idrive. Now to the hard part... I got to the MOST bus, separated the two blocks and then started looking at the wires. I labeled all the wires with some scotch tape so i didn't mess anything up. I tried moving some around but got nothing except for an SOS error. So i gave up and put everything back where it was supposed to go. I took some pictures of the blocks and was wondering if anyone wants to help me with the placement of them.

top block: (there's only 2 fiber optic cables and they're both in "3"). Also for some reason i couldn't get out the lower #3 for the life of me.

Bottom block:

THe first thing i tried doing was taking out #3 (upper) from the lower block and moving it to #4 (upper), while inserting #3 (upper) from the top block into #3 (upper) on the lower block. Then to finish the loop i tried to get #3 (bottom) from the top block and insert it into #4 (bottom) in the lower block.

But....i couldn't get #3 (bottom) from the top block out. It just didn't wanna come out... So this rearrangement could possibly be right??

If anyone can help me that would be more more more more more than appreciated!!

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

I thought I've already answered your questions?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736918

Just take a flashlight and shine it on the sat cable in the trunk, and see which ones in the upper (preparation) block the sat cables are. Then move those down to the block as explained in the previous post.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylim
I thought I've already answered your questions?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736918

Just take a flashlight and shine it on the sat cable in the trunk, and see which ones in the upper (preparation) block the sat cables are. Then move those down to the block as explained in the previous post.
You did haha just wanted to see if the rearrangement I had was right.

Basically, following the steps you gave me, all I have to do is move the last cable on the lower block on the bottom end to the right, insert the sat cable from the bottom of the upper block to that spot on the lower block and then add the top sat cable from the upper block to the last spot on the top on the lower block?

Sorry if that's confusing lol...

Also.... Do you know how the hell I can get the bottom end of the fiber optic cable out of the damn block?! It doesn't wanna come out :

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post

Basically, following the steps you gave me, all I have to do is move the last cable on the lower block on the bottom end to the right, insert the sat cable from the bottom of the upper block to that spot on the lower block and then add the top sat cable from the upper block to the last spot on the top on the lower block?

Also.... Do you know how the hell I can get the bottom end of the fiber optic cable out of the damn block?! It doesn't wanna come out :
Yes, that will do.

The bottom end is held in the same way as the top end, by the tabs. Flip the block bottomup and you'll see them. Use a small screw driver to unlock, again do not use force. Don't ask me how I know, hehe.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, that will do.

The bottom end is held in the same way as the top end, by the tabs. Flip the block bottomup and you'll see them. Use a small screw driver to unlock, again do not use force. Don't ask me how I know, hehe.
Ok sounds good, I'll try that today.

I've looked and I just can't find the tabs. Do they look the same as the ones on the top?

I'll try not to use that much force

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yes, the tabs are just on the other side of the block.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, the tabs are just on the other side of the block.
Alright I'll get to it in the next few hours or so

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep

I can't get out the bottom fiber optic cable. I've tried everything. I'm honestly out of ideas..

I'm sitting in my car hoping for a miracle lol

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
dlurvey
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
I can't get out the bottom fiber optic cable. I've tried everything. I'm honestly out of ideas..

Couldn't tell very good from your photos, but did you remove the cover from each block?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlurvey
Quote:

Couldn't tell very good from your photos, but did you remove the cover from each block?
I saw somewhere that I had to remove the back cover but i couldn't get it off. The site I checked out said I had to slide it off.. But it won't slide off. I don't wanna crack anything

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep

Well guys I figured out how to take the covers off. Moved the wires around, plugged in the module and now I'm good to go.

I have officially retrofitted Sirius into my e92!!!!!!!!

I feel like a damn genius now

Appreciate 0