E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Trailer hit my car:(

04-07-2011, 03:44 AM   #45
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
So the useless fuckwit is disputing what happened and has said that I crossesd into his lane and didn't take account of his trailer. Lying bastard. This means my premium will be raised until claim is settled. Arses.
I would defo try and 'find' a witness

I had similar happen to me year ago on a DIY shed car park - the other person clearly drove straight into me. Said that they would sort it through thei insurance.

A few days later my insurance notify me that a claim is against ME and they have a witness to say I was driving too fast, dangerously, and it was me who drove into them!

I argued for months and still lost the claim.

Play the twat at his own game - find a witness - before he does!!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 04:36 AM   #46
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I would, but Gav won't let me I suspect...

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
I would defo try and 'find' a witness

I had similar happen to me year ago on a DIY shed car park - the other person clearly drove straight into me. Said that they would sort it through thei insurance.

A few days later my insurance notify me that a claim is against ME and they have a witness to say I was driving too fast, dangerously, and it was me who drove into them!

I argued for months and still lost the claim.

Play the twat at his own game - find a witness - before he does!!

Thanks for all the comments, some of which have really cheered me up. Car goes in for repair tomorrow. New wing, spoiler, possible door skin, refurbished alloy and supermini courtesy car. Oh joy.

As far as witnesses my concern is that I've already stated that there were none. How do I now 'find' a witness?

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 05:01 AM   #47
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Did you tell the insurance company that u were alone in the car?...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 05:05 AM   #48
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

I'm not sure mate to be honest.... It would poss look rather dodgy now I guess.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 05:09 AM   #49
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

I know this is a longshot, but is there any chance of some CCTV / traffic cams that might be pointing in the direction of your accident spot?
Or maybe if you were near some shops, they might have some CCTV outside - again, maybe overlooking your accident spot?

I know that round here, there are loads of traffic cams at the major junctions, etc.

Good luck

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 05:21 AM   #50
Baby Dave
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 320d m sport

You won't need a witness. From the way your bumper is pulled away it's clear that you were stopped at the time. Otherwise the bumper would have been pushed in rather than pulled out.
      04-07-2011, 07:41 AM   #51
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Garage List
That's my thinking Baby Dave. Also checking for traffic cams tonight Raj.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #52
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for all the comments, some of which have really cheered me up. Car goes in for repair tomorrow. New wing, spoiler, possible door skin, refurbished alloy and supermini courtesy car. Oh joy.

As far as witnesses my concern is that I've already stated that there were none. How do I now 'find' a witness?
Maybe say a friend of a friend mentioned they saw a bump the other morning - once details were elaborated, turned out to be you, details passed over, etc..

There was no witness to my bump, but one 'appeared' a few days later who just happened to have been in the car park that day and saw the 'incident' happen

fight scum tactics with scum tactics
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #53
zedman
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport 320D,

Quote:

You can't man. Don't change your story just be honest.

There's always a chance that somebody saw the whole thing, recognised your car but didn't want to get involved through fear of provoking the other driver. Then came forward after you put your claim in. Perfectly understandable if that happened.
      04-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #54
zedman
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport 320D,

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
fight scum tactics with scum tactics
My car 4 years ago, Dad was driving and got rear/side ended as he pulled into the driveway with me watching. There was 5k of damage to the side of the car, the other driver was apologising, panicking etc etc. Turned out he was a doctor who lived up the road, his (old and crap) car was written off and he even wrote a note to say what happened. Then he made up a story that my Dad was reversing out the drive etc etc.

Got me so angry that I wanted to ring the BMA to tell that there was a dishonest fraudulent doctor who needed to have his ethics looked into, scum really do come in all shapes and sizes. I didn't, but it did raise another question.

Had he admitted the claim, it would have cost his insurance company approx 5.5k to fix the car and I would have happily had a free Polo from the VAG garage. Cos he didn't admit it until my (very genuine - the woman who was following him and gave me her card) witness sent her statement in, it meant i had been passed to accident management so the bill was actually, 5.5k for the damage, 3 months of a VW Passat Hire, 2 months of vehicle storage and all the admin costs of the management company.

Now in my opinion, seeing as he was blatantly lying and concocted an absurd story that never happened, he should have been charged the extra costs the ins co incurred due to his lies. Maybe if insurance companies did that, then people would be a little more honest.

Anyway sorry for my rant, hope the OP gets it sorted.
      04-08-2011, 06:27 AM   #55
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Garage List
TTS went in for repair this morning. Been given a stunning Citroën C1 1 litre as a courtesy car.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #56
urfankhaliq
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G30

Garage List
Quote:
TTS went in for repair this morning. Been given a stunning Citroën C1 1 litre as a courtesy car.
So as the third party has denied liability, are you paying for the repairs out of pocket or your own insurance?
      04-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #57
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Garage List
Insurance mate. But have to find £400 excess and my renewal on 20th April has gone up over £250. Fecking unhappy cos I had planned to send cash to my sister in NZ to help her out cos her husband is terminally ill and they were in the Christchurch earthquake. Sucks big time.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #58
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Quote:
Insurance mate. But have to find £400 excess and my renewal on 20th April has gone up over £250. Fecking unhappy cos I had planned to send cash to my sister in NZ to help her out cos her husband is terminally ill and they were in the Christchurch earthquake. Sucks big time.
Glad to hear the car is getting sorted and hope the c--t who it you gets his day sometime soon.

Just thinking what is worse a lying insured twat or one with no insurance at all ?

scum off the earth. If you have his details send the boys round with a can off nitromores .

I hope the garage makes a nice repair to your TT it would just about finish you off if it comes back shitty
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 06:16 AM   #59
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Garage List
Thanks Scooba. Appreciated. I do hope that the scumbag ends up in the deep stuff one day. So many people are so dishonest these days. Where's common decency gone?

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 03:32 AM   #60
urfankhaliq
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G30

Garage List
Quote:
so your claiming off your own policy!? thats just fucked up!
      04-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #61
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Garage List
Well I finally got the car back yesterday and having spent 2 weeks in a C1 1 litre 3 cylinder it felt fantastically quick! So I made the most of the weather and hammered the country roads of Yorkshire. It is now covered in dead flies and in need of a good wash.

Bad news is that the refurbished alloy has a small chip near the centre cap, so I rejected it. It will have to go in again for up to 4 days as they send the wheel off to be repaired.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0