E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Thinking of buying ICOM, do I need HDD?

02-14-2020, 04:33 AM   #1
najericam
Private
Malta
Rep
Drives: 320D - E93

Thinking of buying ICOM, do I need HDD?

I went trough couple of topics but still not sure about do I need HDD that comes with ICOM.

I'm thinking about buying a clone, and to use it for some coding/upgrading modules which I can not do with K+DCAN (MULF2HI for example - that i have stuck in programin mode 15 - this is main reason about buying ICOM and to have it in future just in case)

So can ICOM work with WINKFP let's say with out what ever is on that HDD? I I decide to play with ISTA/P in future can I install it separate among with other software and will everything work?

I prefer having a clean install of Windows and setting up everything myself on laptop than punting in pre-installed HDD.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 05:35 AM   #2
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

You might be best buying a genuine one. The price difference between genuine and clone has tumbled recently to the point where it's no longer worth risking it.

I wouldn't bother with any HDD supplied from eBay clone sellers, just using the coding VM posted on these forums.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 06:15 AM   #3
najericam
Private
Malta
Rep
Drives: 320D - E93

I found this.

Now does it work and how for the price is a big question...
Appreciate 0