Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Anyone in DC Metro area switching to snow tires?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #45
s4iscool
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

oh, and i have 1 cheapo from Walmart (goodrich,$30 3 ton) and a similar 2/5ton Craftsman from Sears. The sears has lower clearance, but both get the job done. Id like to get one of those racing alum jacks that like someone else mentioned have a very low jack point.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 08:46 AM   #46
335er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablaam
Any suggestions on good (reasonably priced) hydrolic jacks which will fit underneith the E90 w/ sport?
I used a hydraulic floor jack that I bought a couple of years ago from my local Advance Auto Parts. I couldn't find pictures of it online, unfortunately. But if you have one in your neck of the woods, it is a red model with a single piece handle (that detaches from the jack). It has a round cup as the piece that fits under the car. It fit onto the plastic jacking points on my 335 e90 pretty well. I think that it cost in the neighborhood of $60.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 08:50 AM   #47
s4iscool
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

i must have been in a daze last night, because the 3D's do not come in runflat in the 205/50/17 size. But i went with those anyways, and plan to carry a couploe FixaFlats with me. $129 per tire. They have a cool sipes system that molds together to create more contact patch on dry surfaces...ill post up when they go on, but with 50 degree weathers here lately, they might not go on for a while! which i prefer
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #48
HeadlessChicken
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablaam
From what tirerack said, narrow tires will fair better in Winter. I put on 215's because I had them left over from the Acura TL I had. I have about 1-2 seasons left on em (Still have a few cm of Multicell material left on the tires). I may switch to 205's depending on how this car does in the winter. I bought this hydrolic jack and I could not get under the jack points!! Funny thing, I had to use the jack from my camry to lift the car! Any suggestions on good (reasonably priced) hydrolic jacks which will fit underneith the E90 w/ sport?

The X-iCE i have seem to be a different material, more silicone/rubber type material while the Blizzaks are more of a soft cloth like material(only way to describe it ). Anyone have experiences between these 2?

Good luck to all, now all we need is some snow!!
Here is a link to a thread I started asking for Jack recomendations. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35388 I think I will go with the harbour freight jack. I have the 20 offset ASA's and need to put them on now. I have been pushing my luck too much so far.

Thanks for the pics of the 20 offsets. I was wondering how they would look fit.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #49
kablaam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken
Here is a link to a thread I started asking for Jack recomendations. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35388 I think I will go with the harbour freight jack. I have the 20 offset ASA's and need to put them on now. I have been pushing my luck too much so far.

Thanks for the pics of the 20 offsets. I was wondering how they would look fit.

I think they fit pretty nice, I like the look of em the more and more I see em. The fact that it sticks out to the fenders is a real nice touch, it doesn't have that sucked in look. While it is not as nice as the stock wheels, it certainly looks great for 99 bucks!!! :rocks:

Thanx for the link on the jacks, I think I'm going to pick one up and switch out my winters again. Looking at the long-range forecast @ accuweather.com, we are looking at 40's 50's till christmas

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

2005 Honda Odyssey EX
Appreciate 0