E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Error Codes related to PBX install?

07-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
panzerfaust
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Exclamation Error Codes related to PBX install?

Hello everyone-

I successfully installed my new BMS PBX (AT '08 328XI e90) several days ago without any problems or error codes and have driven around (about 300 miles) with no problems.

When I started my car this morning, the engine would crank and not start. The error code coming up was "Gear can be engaged without brake." Error Code 351 (4x4, AWD Malfunction, etc.) also came up as well. Eventually I got the vehicle to start by depressing the brake and wiggling the steering wheel while the starter cranked. I drove around the block and an error for "transmission failure" came up, along with a warning that acceleration was limited, and the Service Engine Soon light turned on. When I parked the car, I checked to see if I could engage the gears without braking and evidently I went into P and R from D without engaging the brake.

Can anyone advise what might be wrong, and if this could be related with PBX??

I'm still under warranty, but am concerned if the PBX caused any codes which I would have to delete before bringing to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
panzerfaust
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Nevermind, I figured out the problem. Apparantly my ECU didn't go to sleep even after leaving it quiet for 20 minutes, would recommend disconnecting negative terminal before install.
Appreciate 0