E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Anyone knows how to DIY a Silicone Intake Hose for N52

09-25-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

Anyone knows how to DIY a Silicone Intake Hose for N52

i know Rev Motoring has it on eBay, but they dont ship to Canada, plus i wanna swap out the oem intake hose asap.

So has anyone custom a Silicone Intake Hose for their N52, if yes please give me some guide.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
Yangorang
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

I've been eyeing the Mishimoto silicone intake boot.
https://www.mishimoto.com/bmw-e90-n5...oot-06-13.html
Has anyone tried one of these? Does getting rid of the resonator make the engine sound better or worse?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #3
Hackslash
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Sport

Did this on my N52 a couple weeks back. There is a slight improvement on sound when accelerating, but not super noticeable. Perhaps a slight improvement to throttle responsiveness. Essentially I did it so that I'd no longer had to worry about my original intake boot cracking, plus it looks cool when the hood is open. For the price it's a pretty cheap mod, I live in Canada as well and I think it was just over a hundred dollars CAD ordered direct from Mishimoto.

If you don't go into this expecting miracles you won't be disappointed. I like it and the install was simple. Might be hard to do when the snow comes though, it's a tight fit in warm weather

Appreciate 1
      10-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #4
Yangorang
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'm returning this thing to Amazon. What a waste of time and money. The fitment is poor at best - the bend contour clearly doesn't match up with the OE part at all. I can sort of force it to fit but barely.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 04:11 PM   #5
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslash
Did this on my N52 a couple weeks back. There is a slight improvement on sound when accelerating, but not super noticeable. Perhaps a slight improvement to throttle responsiveness. Essentially I did it so that I'd no longer had to worry about my original intake boot cracking, plus it looks cool when the hood is open. For the price it's a pretty cheap mod, I live in Canada as well and I think it was just over a hundred dollars CAD ordered direct from Mishimoto.

If you don't go into this expecting miracles you won't be disappointed. I like it and the install was simple. Might be hard to do when the snow comes though, it's a tight fit in warm weather

What part#/brand is that hose?
TIA
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 01:57 AM   #6
Yangorang
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

We're talking about the Mishimoto intake hose for the N52.
https://www.mishimoto.com/bmw-e90-n5...oot-06-13.html
He got the red one and I got the black one. You can make it fit but it really just isn't contoured right. I'd rather just take the stock intake and saw off the resonator at this point.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 08:03 PM   #7
Dre335
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslash View Post

Did you find the install hard as well
Appreciate 0