E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Mental racist cow on the tram



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #89
Dr G13
Lieutenant
26
Rep
445
Posts

Drives: 3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: uk

iTrader: (0)

Oh dear I am slightly disappointed at many of the views people have posted on this thread.

It only reinforces the fact that such debate without looking at the history of why immigration happens (Britain invading....rule and divide strike a bell?) is meaningless as you have the majority of people simply uneducated on the matter throwing around comments.

Education is the key here, I cannot stress this enough. I can appreciate that a BMW forum is not the best of places to come and talk about education but hey its worth a try.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #90
Mr Singh
Banned
United Kingdom
33
Rep
773
Posts

Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Milton Keynes

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr G13 View Post
Oh dear I am slightly disappointed at many of the views people have posted on this thread.

It only reinforces the fact that such debate without looking at the history of why immigration happens (Britain invading....rule and divide strike a bell?) is meaningless as you have the majority of people simply uneducated on the matter throwing around comments.

Education is the key here, I cannot stress this enough. I can appreciate that a BMW forum is not the best of places to come and talk about education but hey its worth a try.
LOL

Anyway seen this sort of rubbish before

NSFW!

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #91
MEGA
Dieseasal
MEGA's Avatar
United Kingdom
142
Rep
6,876
Posts

Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr G13 View Post
Oh dear I am slightly disappointed at many of the views people have posted on this thread.

It only reinforces the fact that such debate without looking at the history of why immigration happens (Britain invading....rule and divide strike a bell?) is meaningless as you have the majority of people simply uneducated on the matter throwing around comments.

Education is the key here, I cannot stress this enough. I can appreciate that a BMW forum is not the best of places to come and talk about education but hey its worth a try.
First off. Excuse me?

Don't post on a forum if you think everyone on it is such a tool (apparently). I'm sure if that's your view you won't be missed anyway.

I'll immediately rescind that comment and apologise for making it if you've been misconstrued: But this seems like an amazingly brash accusation to just throw out at all of us?

Moving on from the sheer cheek of it I'd imagine that a forum full of owners of an expensive, premium brand: Are likely to be well educated. Certainly be comparison to those who own say Fords or lower end Japanese motors (If we are generalising). I could understand your point if we were talking E36s here but this is a forum for the newest revision of car, the premium model of which (E92 M3) still can't be had for sub 20k used.

Anyway. This is fanning the flames / feeding the troll. Something I'm actively trying not to do. So let's end with just saying: What are the views you disagree with? Why not discuss them? Rather than just wading in: Saying everyone is a dick (more or less) and wading back out again.

Sigh
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #92
MEGA
Dieseasal
MEGA's Avatar
United Kingdom
142
Rep
6,876
Posts

Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
LOL

Anyway seen this sort of rubbish before

NSFW!

These people; in all seriousness. Just need taking out and putting down.

What an utterly disgusting human being. It'd be nice if she also got prosecuted. clearly not as bad as the original post; but I think she probably beats the Peckham terrorist...

What a.. cow.. heh.
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #93
335iLondon
Captain
335iLondon's Avatar
19
Rep
911
Posts

Drives: 07' 335i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick999 View Post
This is the problem in most UK Cities. My city Bristol is full of Somali immigrants / asylum seekers. My local highstreet even has asylum information centres spring up over the last couple of years.

They get given four and five bedroom houses for their massive families.

Check out how much this one Somali family is costing us per year!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-2m-house.html
I struggle to reconcile with posts like this.
What do you know of the hardships they endured and what they are entitled to.
Somalia is a tragic country, to say they cost us alot and need a 4 bed house is not an argument against helping them.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #94
335iLondon
Captain
335iLondon's Avatar
19
Rep
911
Posts

Drives: 07' 335i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
First off. Excuse me?

Don't post on a forum if you think everyone on it is such a tool (apparently). I'm sure if that's your view you won't be missed anyway.

I'll immediately rescind that comment and apologise for making it if you've been misconstrued: But this seems like an amazingly brash accusation to just throw out at all of us?

Moving on from the sheer cheek of it I'd imagine that a forum full of owners of an expensive, premium brand: Are likely to be well educated. Certainly be comparison to those who own say Fords or lower end Japanese motors (If we are generalising). I could understand your point if we were talking E36s here but this is a forum for the newest revision of car, the premium model of which (E92 M3) still can't be had for sub 20k used.

Anyway. This is fanning the flames / feeding the troll. Something I'm actively trying not to do. So let's end with just saying: What are the views you disagree with? Why not discuss them? Rather than just wading in: Saying everyone is a dick (more or less) and wading back out again.

Sigh
Sadly money and intelligence are not always linked.
Type model and cost of car is not the issue.
The point he made, was of a blinkered views being expressed.
My town this/that etc, all very personal examples which are then advanced to arguments about national immigration policy.
One of the best points pro immigration was made about the way that over the decades the UK has welcomed waves of immigrants when it suits the economy.

I wonder if we have any immigrants or asylum seekers for a first hand view?
i suspect there are one or two reading but may be put off?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #95
MEGA
Dieseasal
MEGA's Avatar
United Kingdom
142
Rep
6,876
Posts

Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iLondon View Post
The point he made, was of a blinkered views being expressed.

The thing is: No; he didn't. He specifically used the word education. Which I take umbridge too.
"BMW owners aren't educated" is almost an oxymoron to be fair. BMW is the stereotype marketing guy car: All of which will have a degree. Just as one small example.

Whether he meant what you said (which I can understand where you're coming from mate) is a different thing. It's not what he said
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #96
Vaheed1
Major
35
Rep
1,112
Posts

Drives: E90 330d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

iTrader: (0)

People can say what they want about immigrants, but I tell you what, give them a job and they don't half work their bollocks off.

I've been an employer for 4 years now. I bought my first business and inherited 2 members of staff. This was their deal: I declare 16 hours a week to tax man. Pay them cash in hand for the rest AND they wanted 4 weeks paid holiday. I told them they couldn't have it and they left within 3 months. I now employ 17 people over 3 businesses and 13 of them are all middle aged white local girls. The rest are all young white local girls. In my line of work (service) it's key that I get my work force spot on. I can't afford to carry people with broken English. Sometimes, it's so fucking hard to get them to do extra hours, when needed. The younger one's especially. The Chip shop is the worst - getting any of the younger one's to do a covering shift on a Friday and Saturday night is a feking nightmare...because they're wanting to get out every weekend and get hammered.

We now live in a society that believes everything it reads and the vast majority has no idea about how immigration came about in this Country. The deeper lying history behind it all. Instead, they read the Daily Mirror running one of it's masked racists campaigns and thinks 'hmmm the bastards.' Why don't these morons go and direct their anger at the people that make the decisions? Why they blaming someone for coming to a Country which is more than willing to give migrants everything they've never had 'back home'? The morons would realise that this Government doesn't help for nothing. It always get's something back in return.

Blacks, Asians, foreigners, migrants make for 7% of this Country's population. SEVEN PERCENT - How much could they possibly take away from her "British" ? Her and her like haven't a feking clue as to how much this small percentage of migrant people has helped this Country grow into one of the Worlds super powers...and sadly, until people like her are educated enough, this sort of thing will continue.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #97
zltm089
Banned
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
141
Rep
7,691
Posts

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
Ah the old I have lots of black/brown friends so I am not racist argument.

and by the way....my brother's gf is indian....

life must be very hard for a racist guy like me....
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #98
zltm089
Banned
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
141
Rep
7,691
Posts

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
Oh and the what he said was worse so what I said was ok defence.

Listen mate I have been subjected to both verbal and physical abuse based on my race so believe me I know what racism is.

Are you a somalian asylum seeker by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #99
MEGA
Dieseasal
MEGA's Avatar
United Kingdom
142
Rep
6,876
Posts

Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
BTW. Is doc_ab aware that Kev (zltm089) is a ching chong china man?

*runs from thread, very fast* ^^
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #100
Dr G13
Lieutenant
26
Rep
445
Posts

Drives: 3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: uk

iTrader: (0)

edited, forget it, can't be bothered giving a history lesson don't have time.

Last edited by Dr G13; 11-30-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #101
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
71
Rep
4,019
Posts

Drives: BMW M235I
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheed1 View Post
People can say what they want about immigrants, but I tell you what, give them a job and they don't half work their bollocks off.

I've been an employer for 4 years now. I bought my first business and inherited 2 members of staff. This was their deal: I declare 16 hours a week to tax man. Pay them cash in hand for the rest AND they wanted 4 weeks paid holiday. I told them they couldn't have it and they left within 3 months. I now employ 17 people over 3 businesses and 13 of them are all middle aged white local girls. The rest are all young white local girls. In my line of work (service) it's key that I get my work force spot on. I can't afford to carry people with broken English. Sometimes, it's so fucking hard to get them to do extra hours, when needed. The younger one's especially. The Chip shop is the worst - getting any of the younger one's to do a covering shift on a Friday and Saturday night is a feking nightmare...because they're wanting to get out every weekend and get hammered.

We now live in a society that believes everything it reads and the vast majority has no idea about how immigration came about in this Country. The deeper lying history behind it all. Instead, they read the Daily Mirror running one of it's masked racists campaigns and thinks 'hmmm the bastards.' Why don't these morons go and direct their anger at the people that make the decisions? Why they blaming someone for coming to a Country which is more than willing to give migrants everything they've never had 'back home'? The morons would realise that this Government doesn't help for nothing. It always get's something back in return.

Blacks, Asians, foreigners, migrants make for 7% of this Country's population. SEVEN PERCENT - How much could they possibly take away from her "British" ? Her and her like haven't a feking clue as to how much this small percentage of migrant people has helped this Country grow into one of the Worlds super powers...and sadly, until people like her are educated enough, this sort of thing will continue.
It's too general a statement to say all immigrants work their bollocks off as that's simply not true.Likewise it's not fair to suggest that all British workers are lazy in comparison either.

You don't say how young your girls are that will not cover an extra Friday or Saturday night, but why should they? Is it in their contract to do it?

Like they say, you are only young once and I can perfectly see why at that age they don't want to be working anywhere let alone a fish and chip shop to all hours on a weekend night. I've no doubt that the middle age ones have kids and family to think about too.

With only 17 employees and and only 4 of them young, it's not really enough to tar everyone with the same brush. As long as your employees work their contracted hours and put the effort in, I don't think you have much margin to complain if you can't manage additional cover.

Your statement reads as if they are in the wrong not to do it.

I've worked for the same company for 15 years now. It's amazing how between each plant the attitude and work ethic can change completely.

In the West of Scotland people are more friendly. The vasy majority of people were local and would socialise together also having plenty of work days out. This transmitted a good atmosphere around the workplace and there was a team bond. Everybody was far more helpful and this made the factory very productive. In fact worldwide class leading productive within the company.

Now I'm in Aberdeen and it could not be further from that. There is little love lost between many of the groups of employees. Aberdonians are not the most open of people and there is little team play on the shopfloor or offices.

You can tell within 10 minutes of being in the factory where the Aberdonians are, who the other employees are from the UK and also there is a reasonable amount of Poles in the factory too. Probably 50 Poles mostly in the machine shop.

The atmosphere is poor within factory where groups really don't mix well.

The Poles keep themselves in their own little patch taking their breaks in the opposite canteen to everyone else. It becomes totally unbearable when they engage in their own language when there is English only speakers involved in the conversation.

The language and culture differences causes friction and unrest. There is no socialsing and certainly no team bond.

The language barrier has also caused a number of hugely expensive errors to happen that would have been avoided, but most are strong English speakers but often suddenly lose the grasp when something is wrong.

I view many(there is some exceptions) of the Aberdonians as the most work shy people I've met, they really don't compare to the West of Scotland with either ability or effort put in.

Would I class the Poles any better? No. They are willing to work 7 days a week if you see that as the most positive aspect. However when they are at work I would say the majority of the 50 have a lower skill level than equally qualified British employees.

They most certainly don't work any harder.

Is that because that's their nature, or is it the fact that people model themselves around the people they work with?

For example you see another workmate doing less than you, so you slow to his pace.

I think it's human nature to do as little as you can get away with.

If there is incentives it's amazing how people can find a few extra gears.

It's also amazing how people respond when they are actually happy at work.

Most of the immigrants come here for a better life and to be honest most of the UK is a pretty good place to stay. This is a good country underneath the problems we face but so does most of the world.

They come here, start work happy and they are flying as they are happy. However it's only a matter of time before they conform to the enviroment around them.

The same goes for any British employee moving to a new workplace 2 doors down.

I don't see immigrants as harder workers than UK workers but I do believe there are plenty that work as hard as our best and have lots to offer the UK.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 04:04 AM   #102
doc_ab
Major
36
Rep
1,353
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: buckinghamshire

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
BTW. Is doc_ab aware that Kev (zltm089) is a ching chong china man?

*runs from thread, very fast* ^^
So does that man he can't be expressing racist views?

Last edited by doc_ab; 12-01-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 04:04 AM   #103
doc_ab
Major
36
Rep
1,353
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: buckinghamshire

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Are you a somalian asylum seeker by any chance?
No I am a consultant surgeon
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 04:12 AM   #104
doc_ab
Major
36
Rep
1,353
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: buckinghamshire

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
and by the way....my brother's gf is indian....

life must be very hard for a racist guy like me....
What has your brothers gf got to do with the racist views that you have expressed? You really don't see that the views that you expressed above about asylum seekers "shitting babies like there's no tomorrow" and being terrorists are racist? Lack of insight must make your life in fact very easy and not hard.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 05:11 AM   #105
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
83
Rep
3,359
Posts

Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Give it up doc_ab. A depressing fact of life is that occasionally a thread like this comes along and you find out that people you previously thought were 'alright' and could have a bit of banter with are in fact ignorant bigots. Some not a million miles away from that mental cow in the first post.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 05:55 AM   #106
Steve A
Brigadier General
Steve A's Avatar
United Kingdom
62
Rep
3,465
Posts

Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

Tony or Viv, lock this thread itll start to get out of hand.

I think we should all lighten up and leave racism off the e90 menu.

Lets all be honest i would bet money that every single person on here has said SOMETHING racist at some point so lets leave it because it'll lead to pious posts and pleeeaaassseeee we dont want taht do we

Telling and english irish and scotsman joke is racist, but is it bad? if so i must be a right horrible twat, ive told countless jokes like that. People in manchester say do you fancy a chink tonight? meaning would you like a chines take away, thats racist if you want it to be but it isnt meant to be. When someone askes the time and its 230 an old joke was that you said its a chinese dental appointment as in tooth hurty, is that racist? i think its a play on words.

IMO being a CANT to someone is just as bad, calling someone fat whos done that? calling them bald, ugly, stupid etc etc its the same shit

Everyone just chill it'd be a fucking boring place if we all overreacted at everything.

That woman was a horrible cant, but i dont think anyone on here really is.
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #107
doc_ab
Major
36
Rep
1,353
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: buckinghamshire

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
ok promise no more comments on me in this thread, back to talking about cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #108
335iLondon
Captain
335iLondon's Avatar
19
Rep
911
Posts

Drives: 07' 335i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Umm the car side of the forum has been a bit dead lately!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #109
zltm089
Banned
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
141
Rep
7,691
Posts

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
BTW. Is doc_ab aware that Kev (zltm089) is a ching chong china man?

*runs from thread, very fast* ^^
Ching chong china man jokes and being called a chink by my freinds don't really offend me....maybe its because i'm from a much smaller country with different cultures which are more "integrated" unlike London and we don't get offended that easily!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #110
zltm089
Banned
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
141
Rep
7,691
Posts

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Tony or Viv, lock this thread itll start to get out of hand.

I think we should all lighten up and leave racism off the e90 menu.

Lets all be honest i would bet money that every single person on here has said SOMETHING racist at some point so lets leave it because it'll lead to pious posts and pleeeaaassseeee we dont want taht do we

Telling and english irish and scotsman joke is racist, but is it bad? if so i must be a right horrible twat, ive told countless jokes like that. People in manchester say do you fancy a chink tonight? meaning would you like a chines take away, thats racist if you want it to be but it isnt meant to be. When someone askes the time and its 230 an old joke was that you said its a chinese dental appointment as in tooth hurty, is that racist? i think its a play on words.

IMO being a CANT to someone is just as bad, calling someone fat whos done that? calling them bald, ugly, stupid etc etc its the same shit

Everyone just chill it'd be a fucking boring place if we all overreacted at everything.

That woman was a horrible cant, but i dont think anyone on here really is.
I'm chilled out mate....was just ranting about immigration and fake asylum seekers and i get called a racist!...
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST