E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > USB Mp3 question

03-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
Shon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

USB Mp3 question

After reading several threads about it, I decided to put all my songs in a 16gb stick and plugged it in. I organized all the music in proper folders etc.
For 2 days the car won't recognize the USB and finally it came up. The problem I am having is that on cold start or when the car is parked and I start it, it takes forever for it to read the USB and when it does, songs stop playing in the middle or won't play at all.
Is there is a certain size of USB stick, file system, do I have too many folders or what am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Shon; 03-13-2013 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
rbtamms
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 and 2013 F25

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
USB sticks are very cheap now a days, try another USB & see if the same problem persist.
      03-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
codesurge
This space for rent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Thing with four wheels

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shon View Post
After reading several threads about it, I decided to put all my songs in a 16gb stick and plugged it in. I organized all the music in proper folders etc.
For 2 days the car won't recognize the USB and finally it came up. The problem I am having is that on cold start or when the car is parked and I start it, it takes forever for it to read the USB and when it does, songs stop playing in the middle or won't play at all.
Is there is a certain size of USB stick, file system, do I have too many folders or what am I doing wrong?
You said that it was working fine until the past two days when it started acting up?
      03-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #4
Shon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

The car didn't recognize the USB for two days then it started showing up. Now after switching off the car, it doesn't appear for at least 20 mins and when it does, songs don't play properly.
I ordered a new faster one, I'll check how that works.
Appreciate 0