E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Amazon Camber Kit

05-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #23
w0bbles
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i E92

Yes this is what I am hearing from others now too. But is it normal for tires to wear down that much in less than 7k miles?

Unfortunately I have staggered wheels/tires, so couldn’t rotate.

This might be a dumb question, and I may already know the answer, but wheel spacers couldn’t possibly cause that, could it?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #24
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0bbles View Post
Yes this is what I am hearing from others now too. But is it normal for tires to wear down that much in less than 7k miles?
This might be a dumb question, and I may already know the answer, but wheel spacers couldn’t possibly cause that, could it?
These are mine rear tires. 140tw. 5k miles. 4 track days. -2.5 camber. 0.05 toe. All rear components except shocks have around 100k and are 10y old. So if you want your rear tires to last little longer go with the numbers I suggested.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-04-2018, 08:27 PM   #25
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0bbles View Post

7k miles seems a bit quick... Really depends on your driving. Someone said the alignment sheet is a few years old (2009) the tires aren't?

I beat the crap out of my car and I kill a set of tires every summer. About 7k miles is about right for me. Lots of tire spin. Constant 1/2 pulls and spinning around corners. If that's not what youre doing then 7k is pretty premature and something else might be up. Someone else on here was in the same situation and it turned out a subsequent alihment showed their toe fell way out of spec...

I personally am at .15* toe-in per side out back. I did not like less toe-in... the rear was too loose. -2.5* camber is also a bit high. I am right at the wear bars of z224 40tw tires with 2.0* camber... No need for more in my case.

Last edited by bbnks2; 05-04-2018 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 11:14 PM   #26
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
7k miles seems a bit quick... Really depends on your driving. Someone said the alignment sheet is a few years old (2009) the tires aren't?

I beat the crap out of my car and I kill a set of tires every summer. About 7k miles is about right for me. Lots of tire spin. Constant 1/2 pulls and spinning around corners. If that's not what youre doing then 7k is pretty premature and something else might be up. Someone else on here was in the same situation and it turned out a subsequent alihment showed their toe fell way out of spec...

I personally am at .15* toe-in per side out back. I did not like less toe-in... the rear was too loose. -2.5* camber is also a bit high. I am right at the wear bars of z224 40tw tires with 2.0* camber... No need for more in my case.
Alignment sheet shows the rear at 0.20 toe out. When you have toe out at 0.20 and RWD vehicle starts traveling forward under load the bushings will deflect and you end up with maybe 0.30 toe out and worn out tires. Your rear wheels are toe in. Front are toe out. That is how you get you car to turn/rotate in corners. I go through two sets of tires from April to October. The rest I'm on a winter set. Often I do my own alignments. Either at my old job or at home with ropes. Isn't a contest, please don't get me wrong, but is he wants to have longer lasting rear tires the rear wheels need to be as parallel to each other as possible.
Appreciate 3
justpete1233.00
6ixSpd6014.50
      05-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #27
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Alignment sheet shows the rear at 0.20 toe out. When you have toe out at 0.20 and RWD vehicle starts traveling forward under load the bushings will deflect and you end up with maybe 0.30 toe out and worn out tires. Your rear wheels are toe in. Front are toe out. That is how you get you car to turn/rotate in corners. I go through two sets of tires from April to October. The rest I'm on a winter set. Often I do my own alignments. Either at my old job or at home with ropes. Isn't a contest, please don't get me wrong, but is he wants to have longer lasting rear tires the rear wheels need to be as parallel to each other as possible.
I see -1.6* camber and .19* toe-in, but I couldve missed something. Also, the sheet is from 2009 so who knows if that is his actual alignment.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 09:23 AM   #28
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
I see -1.6* camber and .19* toe-in, but I couldve missed something. Also, the sheet is from 2009 so who knows if that is his actual alignment.
Toe in/out in direction of travel. So yes, rear 0.19 toe-in but if he is driving in reverse. Since he is traveling forward most often and wheels are pointing out rear tires get excessive wear on the inside as the inside is scrubbing off as is rotating forward.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 07:18 PM   #29
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Toe in/out in direction of travel. So yes, rear 0.19 toe-in but if he is driving in reverse. Since he is traveling forward most often and wheels are pointing out rear tires get excessive wear on the inside as the inside is scrubbing off as is rotating forward.
They are not pointing out. They are toed in. Positive toe is toe-in.

The alignment sheet looks fine... But, it's from 2009 lol...
Appreciate 0