E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > rear arm upgrades...

05-08-2018, 08:17 AM   #1
avocet
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 2011 X5d

rear arm upgrades...

I have installed M3 rear arms and Godspeed toe arms on my e90 328i. I know there has been alot of discussion regarding the merits of the M3 'upgrade' for the rear, but I considered doing just the bushings, but at the end of the day going M3 was easier... and dammit just sexier. The Godspeed arms from Ebay for a price that was irresistible made that choice easy. If the bearings pound out early oh well. I do not daily my car so they should be ok for awhile.

I have been chasing rear end float and an unsettled rear end since I have bought this car(8 or so yrs ago now?!?!). I have gone M3 RSFB's, Bils HD's, H&R sway and upgraded upper/lower shock mounts. These have all made improvements, but I felt maybe I needed more rebound on the rear. I was considering adjustable Bils or Koni's for the rear.

Really, really fast corners with mid corner bumps have always caused issue.

Impressions?

Man. My car tracks likes a razor. All my usual corners that unsettle my car's rear end can now be taken flat out(this, folks, is a relative term...) and with complete confidence! The bearings replacing the toe arm bushings on the GSP arms, I am sure, is the difference.

Appreciate 0