E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Elite Motors , Daly City Review . CROOKS. STAY AWAY!!!

05-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
MEMMEZZ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR.E92

Elite Motors , Daly City Review . CROOKS. STAY AWAY!!!

Mods, I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I didn't know where to post it.

Sorry for the long review but even if I stop one person from buying a car from this joke of a dealership, then i'll be happy:

I bought a 2006 BMW M3 from Elite Motors on August 09, 2011. Where to begin with this company? I am from Los Angeles and flew down to take a look at the car with the intent to purchase if everything looked good. When I arrived I was greeted by Ayman ( I think that's how you spell his name) which I think was the manager. The car was sitting in the showroom and I slowly walk around the car to inspect it.

I ask Ayman if the car has ever been in an accident or had paint work done. He assured me it was never in an accident or had any type of work done to it. Regular people like me can't tell but people who work in the car business can tell just by looking at the car. I proceed to drive the car and then talk about numbers. We finally agreed on the price and I ended up buying the car. I had informed Ayman that the cars navigation disk was missing and he said he would buy one for me and ship it to my house, which he never did even after several attempts to contact him after I returned to Los Angeles. So now I am back home with this car and the nightmare begins.

Only 4 days passed before the check engine light came up on the dashboard and a strange noise came from the engine. I took my car to my trusted body shop of six years for him to take a look at it. He immediately took one look at the rear end of the car and told me both quarter panels had been painted. I become furious and ask if he can do an inspection on the car to which he agrees. He puts the car on a lift and raises it up. It turns out the car had been in a major accident and had been on a jig machine. For those of you who don't know a jig machine is used to weld metal perfectly. The car's frame had been worked on which is the worst type of accident for this car. So not only did Ayman lie to me about paintwork but also he sold me a car that had been in a MAJOR accident.

Back to the check engine light problem. The codes the car was sending out was that the engine was misfiring cylinder 4 and leaks somewhere in the car. After MONTHS of going back and forth to my body shop trying to fix the problem and clearing the codes I became fed up and decided to call Ayman. I got on the phone with Sam who told me Ayman is on vaction for a couple of months. I ask for a manager and he says he is out until Thursday and he would call me then. I explain the situation to Sam and he assures me the GM will call me by Thursday, which is in six days. Thursday comes and I receive no phone call. I call Sam and he says the GM will be in at 11am tomorrow morning. The next day still no phone call. Monday comes and I still don't get a call.

This place is just a big joke. No customer service whatsoever. I have invoices about these major problems I had only FOUR days after buying the car from Elite motors and I still don't get a call back. I gave this company a chance to redeem themselves and take care of the situation before I tarnish their reputation and take them to court. I gave them the courtesy to fix the problem just like I would appreciate a customer of mine to give me a chance to fix a problem instead of just firing away online.

I am sure some of these positive reviews of Elite Motors are fake. If anyone wants to see proof of me buying a car from elite motors and the multiple pages of invoices, problems, and repair bills dating four days after I bought the car, please do not hesitate to message me and I will email you all of this information.

I hate to see companies like this screw customer after customer. Elite Motors is nothing but a scam and I have proof. In the end my car has the same problems from the start and it will cost me THOUSANDS of dollars to fix. They will eventually pay when I take them to court but I hate to waste my time on such a lowlife excuse of a business. PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!

Update as of 05/28/2012

I was in contact with the owner, Abe Abukhalil who tried to fix the situation. He is just a pain in ass to work with as well. He first offered to give me some money back in good faith but then took back his word. He then offered to sell my car at auction as it would " for sure " get $28,000 at auction. I said in that case why don't you buy my car for $26,000 and make a profit at the same time. He agreed but then never answered my calls or emails. Absolutely no customer service! Horrible!!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
Soliditude
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive M-sport

Bad experience, man, but still, it was partly your fault as well, to be honest. Unless you're buying a car from a dealership and the car is within warranty, you have to check the crap out of it and be sure before buying. Even if you're at a dealership, though, you still check the car completely before buying. Not trying to rub it in, but if you just took a look with someone who knows, you'd be able to avoid everything.

Nonetheless, they're still asses for selling a car that way. Hope you can fix it all in court in your favor.
      05-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

it horrible to hear stories like this. No one deserves to be lied to like this.
take these bastards to court.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

damnnn

sorry to hear about this bs.. i want to hear what happens to these guys.. you def need to bring them to court
      05-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
avocet
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 2011 X5d

Try to get local media involved.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #6
gatoman39
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335 M-Sport

Garage List
Sorry for your experience but to be blunt, it's your own fault. A used car out of warranty is sold AS IS. You took the car to a body shop AFTER you bot it. I understand you flew down to LA to look at the car, but there are dozens of indy shops here that you could of made arrangements to have a PPI done on the car before you bot it.
I bot my car from San Diego and scheduled a PPI with a BMW indy before I bot it. He put it on a lift, checked the codes and looked for accident damage or respray. It all checked out and only cost $150 bucks.
As far as taking them to court, what is your allegation? That they sold you a shitty car? I don't think that's a crime. Unfortunately you're a victim of your own carelessness.
      05-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #7
Baypistolman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Sorry to hear about that man. I live in Daly City and never heard about them. I would blast them on Yelp.com. I found a great dealer on yelp.com
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #8
Bob Shiftright
Save The Manuals!
Rep
Drives: E91 Schleppwagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoman39 View Post
Sorry for your experience but to be blunt, it's your own fault. A used car out of warranty is sold AS IS. You took the car to a body shop AFTER you bot it. I understand you flew down to LA to look at the car, but there are dozens of indy shops here that you could of made arrangements to have a PPI done on the car before you bot it.
I bot my car from San Diego and scheduled a PPI with a BMW indy before I bot it. He put it on a lift, checked the codes and looked for accident damage or respray. It all checked out and only cost $150 bucks.
As far as taking them to court, what is your allegation? That they sold you a shitty car? I don't think that's a crime. Unfortunately you're a victim of your own carelessness.
+1000000 on a pre-purchase inspection before buying any used car.

Caveat emptor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laidlaw_v._Organ has been a part of US law since 1817.

Always get a pre-purchase inspection!
2008 E91 36K, 6-speed, RWD, Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Euro split armrest, Lidatek, remote V-1, Cocomats, beach sand, $10 clutch stop mod. 1998 Volvo V70T5 226K, 5-speed, original clutch (third clutch pedal!), aspheric driver's mirror, E-code headlights, IPD sway bar, strut tower brace & skidplate.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #9
itsmeek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi

If you were to take them to court, you would have absolutely no case. This is an unfortunate case of "buyer beware" as posted above. I was in the business long enough to know that you can't do anything to them. I was also in the business long enough to know that dishonest dealers like this, end up going nowhere. I sold my dealership to a larger chain and did pretty well, but was always honest- even if it meant losing a few thousand.

To the bigot idiot above, that is an Iranian name- not an Arabic name. It's like someone calling French people "American"; or Spanish people, "Brits". Get your geography straight, you dumb fk.
2010 Prius
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
Mauryk
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Xdrive

Garage List
Sorry about your problem. Some lessons are learned the hard way.

As an absolute minimum, you need to see the Carfax for the vehicle before you even go look at the car. That would show any accident history, or unusual repair activity.

Second, if you are not a "car nut" yourself, you need to bring one along to give the car a once over. Most large repairs that require repainting can easily be spotted if you know where to look.

Third, If you are buying from an unknown person or place, you need to get the car on a lift and peek underneath. If you don't know what to look for, bring the "car nut" buddy along.
2010 E90 335i Xdrive| Titanium Silver Metallic | Black Leather | Premium, Sport, Nav, Cold | Steptronic | matte black grilles | Cyba scoops | pinstripes | Rear Fog Mod | Clear Reflectors | WeissLicht AE |More to come...|
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #11
itchycow89
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Man, sorry to hear all this. Hope you get this all settled. I grew up in the area and the dealership seemed like a shady/run down place to sell premium/luxury cars in general. Thank you for the heads up and I will be letting all my friends/family know about this to help spread the word.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLACK e90 335i

man, that sucks... I buy salvaged cars all the time, but when you buy a car from a dealer that says it's never been in an accident, you expect just that. But then again, I can tell if a car has been damaged/repainted.

Still that sucks, and the best of luck to you.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #13
francars
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91 MT ZSP (gone)

Hope you get your issues resolves. It really sucks having auto dealers/brokers selling with no integrity.

GL
      05-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
derrick603
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

So no indication of an accident on the Carfax or did you not get one? I'm sorry to hear of your issues, but why would you take a used car salesman's word on anything?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #15
Bimmerlover76
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoman39
Agreed. I truly am sorry about your experience. But, before I bought my 2009 used 335i I got a PPI before I signed on the dotted line. This third party PPI did a very thorough job of checking for anything that was or could potentially go wrong with the car. This practice is a widely known "requirement" before buying a used car. The cost is ~150-200 dollars, depending on who you go through and the level of inspection.

Remember, and always remember this: if it's too good to be true, it usually is. That, and only that, is why the PPI is so important.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
The Cleaner
Thats all you need to know.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 , 2016 X5

FYI most of the cars at these type of lots are from auction (lease returns and trade ins). The really good cars never get to wholesale auction, they are kept by the dealers or put in the CPO program. There are some good finds at these kind of lots but sometimes they are high profit units with a checkered past. It's always good to have the car checked out.
Appreciate 0