E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Finally got my car tinted @ Jamestint

07-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Aacaron
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ED E92 335i Oct 17

Garage List
2012 335i e92  [0.00]
Finally got my car tinted @ Jamestint

After having my car for almost 8 months I finally got her tinted. I took my car to James Tint, because of some recommendations from the guys on this forum.

I had my car done in huper optic 30%. I went with Huper optic because my interior is black and this tint blocks the heat from the sun like no other. Upon driving the car home I noticed the difference, no more hot seats, even in direct sunlight. The difference is truly night and day.

James @ James tint did a great job. He has been tinting for 35 years and truly loves what he does. He is very friendly and guarantees his work for life. He takes you in the work area and shows you that the tint he is putting on is actually Huper optic. He actually encouraged me to go into the work area and watch him apply the tint to the car. James actually does the work himself not a crew that works for him.

I highly recommend James tint is you are in jersey or upstate NY. If you decide to get your car tinted by him bring a 6 pack with you and tell him you are from the forums, I am sure he will give you a break on the price. This is his website Jamestint.com.

I decided to write this because I liked the work that was performed and how everything was done for me to see.

I will update with pics later in the week, I have to wash her since the tint job, finger prints everywhere. the tints have to sit for like 5 says. I know how you guys rag on dirty cars on this forum
      07-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
ultimate
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

I notice you have an e92. Did he happen to remove the interior door panels when tinting. I've been having consistent issues with my tints where they will eventually become undone in the corners and get peeled from window usage.

my SA recommended taking the panels out on the e92 since you need to tint fairly deep in the windows to prevent this from happening. anyone else has this issue?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
Aacaron
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ED E92 335i Oct 17

Garage List
2012 335i e92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate View Post
I notice you have an e92. Did he happen to remove the interior door panels when tinting. I've been having consistent issues with my tints where they will eventually become undone in the corners and get peeled from window usage.

my SA recommended taking the panels out on the e92 since you need to tint fairly deep in the windows to prevent this from happening. anyone else has this issue?
He didn't have to remove the door panels to apply the tint. I've honestly only had the tints less than a week. I haven't had any problems with that so far, but I think it is too early to tell.

Last edited by Aacaron; 07-10-2012 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: just because
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
capo1m
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1M, M4

I live in the town where he located but on the side of town is a place called auto lovers I have used them for all my cars! Great rates and job they have never failed me