E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Extended Warranty

08-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Javy
e92javy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M

Post Extended Warranty

Hey everyone,

I currently drive an 09 e92. My warranty expires in a week. I have an appointment to have the car fully looked at tomorrow at South Motors and also speak to the service manager in reference to getting extended warranty.

If you have purchased extended warranty from local dealers, how much have they quoted you?

I currently have 37k miles and the car runs flawless. Nothing major has ever been done to the car besides just oil change, brake fluids, and pads.

Your 2 cents are appreciated ! Thanks

-Javier
Instagram- (javy_e92) 09 335i coupe / M package / Alpine White / Dinan Stage 2 / Alpina B3 Flash / Alufelgen SF71 / ST coils / Lux H8 / AFE Stage 2 intake / 6700k mtech HID / Performance trunk spoiler / Gloss black roof / CF interior wrap / PE Muffler Mod / ETS Charge pipe / Tial BOV / Cyba Quad Diffuser / Cyba Quad Black Chrome tips / Gloss black grills / AW reflectors / LED turn signals / Remote Key +
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
hxs80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328i

I got my 100k mile extended warranty through my bank. The warranty co. is called Route 66. I paid about 1800$ for my 08 328 e92 and so far, they have paid for about 4k in repairs. I always take it to the local BMW dealer for repairs and I've never had issues. No co pay and its the type of warranty that lists what they don't cover as opposed to things they do. There are a few gotchas but it's nothing crazy. for example, if I take it to the dealer and they don't find anything wrong then I'm stuck with the inspection fee. it includes car rental coverage also, so you get a full day rental for every 4 hours of labor. even though the 328 is supposed to be the most reliable, I'm glad I got this warranty and honestly its the only reason I'm keeping my car. I take full advantage of it.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
hxs80
Private
United_States
Rep

oh yeah compared to the BMW ones I thought it was a better deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxs80 View Post
I got my 100k mile extended warranty through my bank. The warranty co. is called Route 66. I paid about 1800$ for my 08 328 e92 and so far, they have paid for about 4k in repairs. I always take it to the local BMW dealer for repairs and I've never had issues. No co pay and its the type of warranty that lists what they don't cover as opposed to things they do. There are a few gotchas but it's nothing crazy. for example, if I take it to the dealer and they don't find anything wrong then I'm stuck with the inspection fee. it includes car rental coverage also, so you get a full day rental for every 4 hours of labor. even though the 328 is supposed to be the most reliable, I'm glad I got this warranty and honestly its the only reason I'm keeping my car. I take full advantage of it.
I have this. It's paid about 3k out and a few days premium rental car. I have bad much more issues with stupid mechanics/shops than the warranty. It's covered a lot of stuff cpo doesn't. Even paid for stuff they "don't cover". Ie taxes and shop fees they almost always pay. Except once at a dealer. Was like 200 with diag. and shop fees. For an o2 sensor.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
hxs80
Private
United_States
Rep

mc,

that's true, sometimes its a bit of a pain when the dealer or mechanics don't follow up on the paperwork. in my experience what always happens is that ..I go in around 8am, they check out my complaints, then they write and submit the estimate to R66, then wait around until they approve it. When they do, and they get ready to work its almost closing time so they end up doing the work the next morning. by the time they finish and then submit for payment its like 1 or 2 pm. I then have to wait until they receive the payment before they release the car to me which can take hours. My SA told me that this is normal and that things are smoother with the BMW warranty since its done with a corporate card or whatever. But sometimes they are super busy and sometimes i see them slacking around. I honestly don't care about the time as long as they do the work right and I have a rental. Now what I do is usually, if I can, I wait for a couple of issues to stack up before I take it in. they always waive the diag fee for me and they pay the taxes. Also I take it to the dealer because they cannot install aftermarket parts. R66 just pays them without issues. I haven't had anything electronic go bad so we'll see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
Glopez5
First Lieutenant
Honduras
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I have endurance, paid 2900 for extra 100k on top of what I currently have. I have recommend them to lots of people they should pay me lol. They have payment plans too I did 300 down 150 a month for 18 months. I am on my last month this month.

Never had any issues, cover rental, towing and they are fast. then again only performance mods I have are intake and jb4. All of which I remove before going to dealer for services.

07 E92 335i -BSM- Sport- iDrive- Premium- Cold Weather- Aero Lip- M3 Trunk Lip- Injen Dual Cone- Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads- R1 Premium Cross Drilled Rotors- H&R Sport -JB4+Ethonal- - Raceland DPs - Avant Garde M310- Alpine TypeR 10''- Alpine MRP-M500 Amp
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #7
Javy
e92javy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M

Thanks everyone for their input. I am going to look into Route 66 and Endurance insurance and see whats up.
Instagram- (javy_e92) 09 335i coupe / M package / Alpine White / Dinan Stage 2 / Alpina B3 Flash / Alufelgen SF71 / ST coils / Lux H8 / AFE Stage 2 intake / 6700k mtech HID / Performance trunk spoiler / Gloss black roof / CF interior wrap / PE Muffler Mod / ETS Charge pipe / Tial BOV / Cyba Quad Diffuser / Cyba Quad Black Chrome tips / Gloss black grills / AW reflectors / LED turn signals / Remote Key +
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
RenatoOre
Rep
Drives: E90 Black on Black

Hello to all, I'm new here and wanted to ask something related to this topic. I wanted to know if you guys recommend getting an extended "maintenance" package. I am at 70k plus miles and I am already due for a few things on my car. Would like to know your input and any help is truly appreciate it. Thank you and have a great weekend.

Renato
Appreciate 0