Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Continental RunFlats seem noisy

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-11-2005, 07:28 AM   #1
borgman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d se

Continental RunFlats seem noisy

Hello,
I have a brand new UK 320D SE (E90) (only 4 days old) which has Continental PremiumContact SSR 205/55/ R16 V91 Runflat tyres.
My first experience of runflats is that they are noisy and quite harsh. Is there a more comfortable tyre available?? I'm thinking of contacting the dealer next week to raise my concerns. Any advice would be much appreciated
P.S. I have checked and adjusted the tyre pressue and it still doesn't seem to improve things.

--------------------------------
320D SE

Last edited by borgman; 10-20-2005 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #2
markh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325iSE

I have 18" tyres with standard suspection and I find the ride very hard on all but the best road surfaces. I'm now seriously contemplating going to non runflats.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2005, 04:55 PM   #3
sysop
Fleet Owner
Rep
Drives: 2005 320i A/T Idr

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgman
Hello,
I have a brand new UK 320D SE (E90) (only 4 days old) which has Continental PremiumContact SSR 205/55/ R16 V91 Runflat tyres.
My first experience of runflats is that they are noisy and quite harsh. Is there a more comfortable tyre available?? I'm thinking of contacting the dealer next week to raise my concerns. Any advice would be much appreciated
P.S. I have checked and adjusted the tyre pressue and it still doesn't seem to improve things.
I tried the standard tyres and found there were softer in ride, but the lack of a spare concerned me - the boot is small enough as it is!). After 10,000 kms I find the ride a little better, but I look forward to replacing the Continentals with Michelins when they are available here. Folks say thay are the best for both ride & noise.
      09-11-2005, 05:32 PM   #4
Hornet
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: g20 330d xdrive

I don't find the Contis too noisy.
In a coule of months time I'll have experience of the RFT ride quality vs. non-RFT. Going for non-RFT winter tires. Will get the M-Mobility System from the dealer also, for free.
Appreciate 0