E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Official Louisiana chat thread (#2)

01-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #1607
Projekt_BooGie
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
I've been wanting to do it myself too, if you want we can do it together one time in my garage. I've got the means to do it, just not the motivation haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mkah View Post
mine too
well if you doing it here...mine too

too much to list...just know its wide and bagged
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #1608
Mick J
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 - E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
I've been wanting to do it myself too, if you want we can do it together one time in my garage. I've got the means to do it, just not the motivation haha.
That wouldn't be bad to do it as a group. It would also be really nice to have an extra set of hands. All the other work I've done has been alone and it can get tricky sometimes. So where is the garage, BR or NOLA? I definitely have the motivation to get it done and was considering doing it this weekend if I have the time. What's your schedule looking like? From the reading I've done I would guess it would take 6-7 hrs to do one alone but I would guess we could do two cars at once and only add a little bit of time.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #1609
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Love you guys
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #1610
Projekt_BooGie
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick J View Post
That wouldn't be bad to do it as a group. It would also be really nice to have an extra set of hands. All the other work I've done has been alone and it can get tricky sometimes. So where is the garage, BR or NOLA? I definitely have the motivation to get it done and was considering doing it this weekend if I have the time. What's your schedule looking like? From the reading I've done I would guess it would take 6-7 hrs to do one alone but I would guess we could do two cars at once and only add a little bit of time.
YIKES!!!! 6-7 hours...

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #1611
str8nm
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2011 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335vnm
Love you guys
Whatcha doin?
      01-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #1612
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick J View Post
My house is in BR, but damn 6-7 hours?? I'll have to find a day I can do this in my schedule. It will have to be on a weekend but I'll have to see about work first.

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #1613
ucosta
Unique
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

No Problem Raceway this past friday. New and better results at the 1/4 mile. Fun day.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #1614
Mkah
Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Mod list?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #1615
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Banh Xeo

dam Costa! you've gotten WAY BETTER than the first day I met you hahaha. and that black GTR , if it's the same one, It's built by JoTech and has a jotech decal on his windshield if it's the same one.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #1616
ucosta
Unique
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mkah View Post
Mod list?
Downpipes, Intercooler, DCI, BOV, Exhaust, JB4.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #1617
ucosta
Unique
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
dam Costa! you've gotten WAY BETTER than the first day I met you hahaha. and that black GTR , if it's the same one, It's built by JoTech and has a jotech decal on his windshield if it's the same one.
I guess i got a little better, but my take-offs are still not really strong, and they put water on the floor everywhere so sometimes my tires would be a bit wet. Those were street tires so had problems hooking and they may be almost done already. Thanks for the compliment bro.
My car is at the shop now. I'm waiting on the diagnostics. It sounds like a freaking subaru now.. it may be a bad coil. It is still drivable though.
That GTR is from High-End Automotive. It also has that sticker there on the side window. I don't know who is JoTech. Maybe they know each other.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #1618
Onurleft
Captain
Rep
Drives: RPM

Costa - Nice runs. Launching on a 19" wheel is pretty tough

Doc - F80 M3, time to get on the wait list while you still can
      01-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #1619
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucosta View Post
I guess i got a little better, but my take-offs are still not really strong, and they put water on the floor everywhere so sometimes my tires would be a bit wet. Those were street tires so had problems hooking and they may be almost done already. Thanks for the compliment bro.
My car is at the shop now. I'm waiting on the diagnostics. It sounds like a freaking subaru now.. it may be a bad coil. It is still drivable though.
That GTR is from High-End Automotive. It also has that sticker there on the side window. I don't know who is JoTech. Maybe they know each other.
sounds like a subaru? put your ears under the car or near the fender. if it makes that noise then maybe your exhaust gasket if burnt or loose or loose bolts. i've had this problem before and that was it. also for the water box you can DRIVE AROUND IT. no need to go through it unless your doing a wet burnout to warm up the slicks or normal burnout to warm up summer tires and such.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #1620
ucosta
Unique
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurleft View Post
Costa - Nice runs. Launching on a 19" wheel is pretty tough

Doc - F80 M3, time to get on the wait list while you still can
Next time i will try to go to the drag strip with some 18" wheels with radials.
What do you think i could make? 12.4 sec?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #1621
ucosta
Unique
Rep

Quote:
sounds like a subaru? put your ears under the car or near the fender. if it makes that noise then maybe your exhaust gasket if burnt or loose or loose bolts. i've had this problem before and that was it. also for the water box you can DRIVE AROUND IT. no need to go through it unless your doing a wet burnout to warm up the slicks or normal burnout to warm up summer tires and such.
I heard something weird under the car by the fender too. I'll post the video of how the car sounds on youtube so you can tell me if that's the problem you had.
I try going around it but they spread that water too much that still gets my tires wet. I don't do burnouts.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #1622
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
I heard something weird under the car by the fender too. I'll post the video of how the car sounds on youtube so you can tell me if that's the problem you had.
I try going around it but they spread that water too much that still gets my tires wet. I don't do burnouts.
I mean the sound is just the sound. you can't be TOO SURE unless you jack up your car, get under there and look at where the downpipes part where it bolts onto the exhaust and see if the boltsor gasket are loose or burnt or such. if everything is there and tight then it may be another problem. goodluck!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #1623
Projekt_BooGie
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
yeah mine did that a couple weeks ago. But it only did it when I got on it. SES came on I cut the car off and cut it back on and it was gone. It did it twice. And that same thing happened to my e39 and it was a coil. I just haven't had the time to take it some where so the can tell me what the SES light was for

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #1624
ucosta
Unique
Rep

Quote:
I mean the sound is just the sound. you can't be TOO SURE unless you jack up your car, get under there and look at where the downpipes part where it bolts onto the exhaust and see if the boltsor gasket are loose or burnt or such. if everything is there and tight then it may be another problem. goodluck!
Thanks man. I took the car to the shop, now just have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
yeah mine did that a couple weeks ago. But it only did it when I got on it. SES came on I cut the car off and cut it back on and it was gone. It did it twice. And that same thing happened to my e39 and it was a coil. I just haven't had the time to take it some where so the can tell me what the SES light was for
That's how it started. When i was at the track it started giving me signs when i got on it. Then i cruised slowly on the way home. Next day when i was speeding it didn't handle and now is just like this all the time.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #1625
Onurleft
Captain
Rep
Drives: RPM

Quote:
Next time i will try to go to the drag strip with some 18" wheels with radials.
What do you think i could make? 12.4 sec?
It just depends how quickly you can get through the first 60ft. Figure two tenths average off your ET for ever tenth you reduce your 60ft time. You could go as low as 1.5-1.7 seconds with 18" radials.
      01-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #1626
achenator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2017 R8+

Quote:
What kind of times was the GT-R putting up?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #1627
ucosta
Unique
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurleft View Post
It just depends how quickly you can get through the first 60ft. Figure two tenths average off your ET for ever tenth you reduce your 60ft time. You could go as low as 1.5-1.7 seconds with 18" radials.
Good stuff. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achenator View Post
What kind of times was the GT-R putting up?
The best time that GTR put that night was 11.3. It has exhaust and Cobb Tuning. It should be in the 10's but they said they were having problems with the launch control.
On sunday, they took it State Capitol Raceway and i guess they did get under 11seconds after tweaking the cobb tuning and something else.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #1628
achenator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2017 R8+

Quote:
Good stuff. Looking forward to it.

The best time that GTR put that night was 11.3. It has exhaust and Cobb Tuning. It should be in the 10's but they said they were having problems with the launch control.
On sunday, they took it State Capitol Raceway and i guess they did get under 11seconds after tweaking the cobb tuning and something else.
They need tires. Tough to get firmly in the 10's with those mods on street tires. Any idea their trap speed? I have one pass on full bolt ons plus e85 at 580 whp on a mustang dyno and I ran 10.82 at 131 with a 1.76 60' on stock tires.
Appreciate 0