E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

08-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #4159
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngvejos View Post
Is this power supply suitable to update modules?
http://www.pjbox.co.uk/product/MAAS-...PPLY/4117.html

Last time I updated, I used an intelligent 15A charger that adjust from 0.2A-15A depending on the load and stop charging when the battery is fully charged. This was not powerfull enough, but It worked when I combined it with jumpercables from a running car.

I don't want to let my other car Idle for 7 hours while updating the cappl module. Do you think it will work with the power supply I found combined with the 15A charger?

You can code with the car running. I have been doing it for the last month and no issues. If you have a tune, just make sure to put it in valet.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #4160
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngvejos View Post
Is this power supply suitable to update modules?
http://www.pjbox.co.uk/product/MAAS-...PPLY/4117.html

Last time I updated, I used an intelligent 15A charger that adjust from 0.2A-15A depending on the load and stop charging when the battery is fully charged. This was not powerfull enough, but It worked when I combined it with jumpercables from a running car.

I don't want to let my other car Idle for 7 hours while updating the cappl module. Do you think it will work with the power supply I found combined with the 15A charger?

You can code with the car running. I have been doing it for the last month and no issues. If you have a tune, just make sure to put it in valet.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #4161
Yngvejos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 325i, E87 118d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I'm talking about programming/flashing, not coding. During the ccc update the ignition is recycled multiple times. Don't think that will work with the car running.

Anyways, I ordered a 50A power supply. That should be enough to keep the voltage stable.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #4162
ramez75
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i xDrive GC (F06)

Can you share the pdf.....I am planning to do the Front and Rear PDC install and I am trying to figure out the coding part prior to installing.

So it seems I have to add VO = $508, do I need to add $507 also for rear?

So the JobName = FA_Write and what do I do that to every module. My other question do I need to recode my modules when I do that, for example I have currently disabled the Nav disclaimer, I see the V on the digital display, disabled the dong sound when the door is open, etc. Will I lose all that

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav_lph View Post
Hi ERIK335i, when you mentioned about updating all the modules after adding VO. What selection is it exactly? Currently I am using SG_CODIERN for most of the coding as per the DIY pdf.

Planning to retrofit FRONT PDC and thus would need to add VO $508 (Front and Rear PDC) to CAS and NFRM (I have the instruction for doing that) but I am not sure how to code ALL modules.

Appreciate your help
      08-05-2012, 03:03 AM   #4163
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

How can I get access to edit the spreadsheet? Or if somebody wants to add the following.

I was looking to disable the angel eye bulb check but I don't have the lines mentioned in the spreadsheet on my 2010.

What worked was those two (nicht_aktiv; in NFRM)

KALTUE_SL_1_M1_14_M2_41
WARMUE_SL_1_M1_14_M2_41

Thanks to all who contributed!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #4164
arc1880
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i (e92)

I've recently downloaded the E89 v45 daten files. Would anyone happen to know what the password is to extract from the rar files?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #4165
Coly
Private
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc1880
I've recently downloaded the E89 v45 daten files. Would anyone happen to know what the password is to extract from the rar files?
That's dependant on where you got the files.
Best bet is to find another source, check where you downloaded them from or try and crack the password
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #4166
saxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: s4

who wants to make some money and help me set up my laptop?

i have downloaded everything (as far as i know) and i get an error #126 (api-0006 access denied, no api calls possible

willing to throw paypal to someone who can help

saxonbrian2 at yahoo.com
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #4167
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: OVER SLOW LEFT LANE DRIVERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
I am able to do coding on my MBP using Windows 7 under Parallels. The coding programs are Windows-only.
did you have to do anything special with the settings to get it work? i can get the black check lights in the first steps - but i get communication errors when trying to do the coding
      08-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #4168
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezofchuck View Post
did you have to do anything special with the settings to get it work? i can get the black check lights in the first steps - but i get communication errors when trying to do the coding
Please, PLEASE . It's been explained many, many times even in this very thread that the likely causes of that are:

1. Using an old driver for the cable, in which case case update it.
2. Forgetting to set the Latency setting to 1 rather than its default 16, in which case change it (if you don't have that setting, you're using the old driver).
3. Using a cable from a vendor other than the one recommended here, suggesting that either the cable is shoddy or you have Pin 8 still active (the Pin 8 debacle has been discussed several times as well).

I understand that this thread is very long and it's no longer practical to tell people to read all of it, but a major reason it's this long is because the same questions are asked repeatedly. Please do your part to reduce thread redundancy.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #4169
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
Rep

Actually, I read the entire thread almost in its entirety - but I asked a SPECIFIC person a very SPECIFIC question because he is using a macbook with parallels which would lead to issues that is not as commonly discussed. I am not a new member that doesn't know how to research an item before asking a question.

I already did all the steps you described so instead of taking all that time to tell me to search you could have left me something useful to read.

You sir also add to the "thread redundancy" by saying worthless things such as your quoted comment. Had I asked the thread NOT an individual something like - how do I get started or what cable do I buy or how do I download software, etc..maybe your comment would have been warranted.

you are actually worse than those people who go around asking noob questions because you didn't even READ my question. You jumped at the chance of telling something to "READ THE DAMN THREAD YOU MORON."

basically - you are a douchebag trying to lace a douchebag comment with smiley faces and "nice" connotation.

</rant>

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Please, PLEASE . It's been explained many, many times even in this very thread that the likely causes of that are:

1. Using an old driver for the cable, in which case case update it.
2. Forgetting to set the Latency setting to 1 rather than its default 16, in which case change it (if you don't have that setting, you're using the old driver).
3. Using a cable from a vendor other than the one recommended here, suggesting that either the cable is shoddy or you have Pin 8 still active (the Pin 8 debacle has been discussed several times as well).

I understand that this thread is very long and it's no longer practical to tell people to read all of it, but a major reason it's this long is because the same questions are asked repeatedly. Please do your part to reduce thread redundancy.
      08-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #4170
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezofchuck View Post
Actually, I read the entire thread almost in its entirety - but I asked a SPECIFIC person a very SPECIFIC question because he is using a macbook with parallels which would lead to issues that is not as commonly discussed. I am not a new member that doesn't know how to research an item before asking a question.

I already did all the steps you described so instead of taking all that time to tell me to search you could have left me something useful to read.

You sir also add to the "thread redundancy" by saying worthless things such as your quoted comment. Had I asked the thread NOT an individual something like - how do I get started or what cable do I buy or how do I download software, etc..maybe your comment would have been warranted.

you are actually worse than those people who go around asking noob questions because you didn't even READ my question. You jumped at the chance of telling something to "READ THE DAMN THREAD YOU MORON."

basically - you are a douchebag trying to lace a douchebag comment with smiley faces and "nice" connotation.

</rant>
Um, wow. Let's review:

1. If you only want an answer from a specific person, PM them. Quoting someone doesn't mean you only expect an answer from them. If you post in a thread, the assumption is that you're open to responses from the general population.

2. The fact that you're running an MBP with Parallels doesn't mean that some of the conventional wisdom and pitfalls wouldn't apply to you. And I'm sorry if you'd tried all of the things I recommended, but I had no way to know that from what you posted. It's not as if you said, "Here's my setup, I've read the thread and here's what I've tried unsuccessfully so far" so the rest of us would know that we could skip the typical recommendations that help the vast majority of the people on here. All you said was, "Here's my setup, here's the problem I have, what settings should I check?" I gave you basic troubleshooting information because you gave a basic description of your problem.

3. I definitely read your question, evidenced by the fact that ALL of the things I listed can cause the behavior you're seeing. And if you read this thread as well as others you'll find that I'm not some "douchebag" who doesn't bother to read people's questions and jumps at opportunities to piss people off. I post when I feel I can contribute something worthwhile, and responses to my posts from other members here and elsewhere indicate that they appreciate most of what I say. Look me up or ask around. Nothing in my post indicates that I didn't read yours, just that you didn't provide sufficient information for any more advanced recommendations. I told you to read the thread because your post made you sound like every other person who's posted here asking the same damn question over and over again -- but even so, if you read back you'll find that I've already taken time to answer THOSE people, just as I answered you. If I'd wanted to be a douchebag, my response to you would've just been the Search emoticon; instead, I typed up a list of troubleshooting steps, which incidentally helped someone else here who was running YOUR EXACT SETUP. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

4. Even my smiley was sincere. I meant that as a "I'm happy to help, but please search next time", not as an F- you couched with a smile.

Chill out.

Gone but not forgotten:

Last edited by jphughan; 08-20-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #4171
deezofchuck
Lieutenant
Rep

If your intentions are good - so be it and I thank you for your input - but your posts to me have been nothing short of condescending - not that I will lose sleep over it - but since I am bored at work right now I will respond to this:

1) thank you - i had NO idea what PMs were for - I am NOW enlightened b/c of your forum knowledge. What does PM stand for? Oh wait - could it have been because if I post it and he answers with any specific settings he changed to get it to work then maybe the next guy who SEARCHES will see the answer? Seems like to be that's the whole point isn't it? Or I could....PM was it? PM him and get the answer for myself.

2) you still are not clear about my problem - and I didn't ask the whole thread for help b/c I would get answers like yours. This is why I asked if he used any SPECIAL settings - which would lead one to assume that I followed the NORMAL settings.

3) Yes all your rec's apply to me but that's not the point. The point is if there are issues from using a MBP and Parallels to run XP 32-bit. I never said I used a MBP I don't follow the same rules. I was asking for a specific answer.

Could have I premised my question with more info - sure - I am guilty of that here - but I was just asking a quick question to someone who got it to work with MY set up.

I'm glad we added more insightful thoughts to this already long thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Um, wow. Let's review:

1. There's a built-in function for specific questions to specific people called PMs. If you only want answers from that person, only contact that person, or if you must post in the thread, at least make it clear in your post that you're only asking that specific person. Quoting someone doesn't mean you only expect an answer from them.

2. The fact that you're running an MBP with Parallels doesn't mean that some of the conventional wisdom and pitfalls wouldn't apply to you. It's not as if you said, "Here's my setup, I've read the thread and here's what I've tried unsuccessfully so far" so the rest of us would know that we could skip the typical recommendations that help the vast majority of the people on here. All you said was, "Here's my setup, here's the problem I have, what settings should I check?" I gave you basic troubleshooting information because you gave a basic description of your problem.

3. I definitely read your question, evidenced by the fact that ALL of my recommendations apply to the behavior you're seeing. And if you read this thread as well as others you'll find that I'm not some "douchebag" who doesn't bother to read people's questions and jumps at opportunities to piss people off. I post when I feel I can contribute something worthwhile, and responses to my posts from other members here and elsewhere indicate that they appreciate most of what I say. Look me up or ask around. Nothing in my post indicates that I didn't read yours, just that you didn't provide sufficient information for any more advanced recommendations. I told you to read the thread because your post sounded a lot like other people's who have posted here asking the same damn question over and over again. If you read back you'll find that I've already taken time to answer the same questions several times without even saying "Read the thread". If I'd wanted to be a douchebag, my response to you would've just been the Search emoticon; instead, I typed up a list of troubleshooting steps, which incidentally helped someone else here who was running YOUR EXACT SETUP. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

4. Even my smiley was sincere. I meant that as a "I'm happy to help, but please search next time", not as an F- you couched with a smile.

Chill out.
      08-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #4172
vazdom
Registered
Rep
Drives: r56s

I have this error on inpa

BIP 0009 best version error

So i think I need ediabas 7.2

Someone can post the link where I can download files?

and How I can Update to 7.2?? I have 6.4.7 ediabas for now.

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #4173
Shaggy
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

Just search for bmw standard tools 2.11 on google , you should be able to find it
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #4174
vazdom
Registered
Rep
Drives: r56s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Just search for bmw standard tools 2.11 on google , you should be able to find it

Ok, here is what i did.

1. I downloaded ediabas 7.2 (piratebay)

2. I make a copy of my ediabas folder and I rename and created a new folder Ediabas.old

3. I create a new Folder named Ediabas

4. I unrar all the files from the new ediabas to the new folder I named ediabas

5. I copy the file Ediabas.ini from the old ediabas.old folder and Paste on the new BIN folder that is Into ediabas folder.

and thats all

Now I updated ediabas

The only problem is that when I try to read engine I have IFH 0009 D motor
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #4175
kevininc1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

e92 coding/windows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_jason View Post
Ok guys I need some big help!

I have coded a few things and all was working well. Except now I noticed that My windows on my Coupe do not auto slightly open and slight close when opening and closing my door. The way they normally would do to make a tight seal?

Any idea why this may be? Did I change a value that I shouldn't have?

Anyone know which code operates this?
what was the solution to this issue? i have had the same thing happen and i have had the windows re-taught though inpa and manually..wtf?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #4176
Shaggy
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazdom View Post
Ok, here is what i did.

2. I make a copy of my ediabas folder and I rename and created a new folder Ediabas.old

5. I copy the file Ediabas.ini from the old ediabas.old folder and Paste on the new BIN folder that is Into ediabas folder.

and thats all

Now I updated ediabas

You dont have proper inpa installation and daten files for your engine as long as no scripts ( or wrong scripts) for your engine. Ediabas itself is not enough tho
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #4177
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazdom View Post
Ok, here is what i did.

and thats all

Now I updated ediabas

You need to update the contents of the ECU folder in your new EDIABAS, or pull them from your old folder as well.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #4178
kevininc1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

e92 coding/windows!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmw_jason

Ok guys I need some big help!

I have coded a few things and all was working well. Except now I noticed that My windows on my Coupe do not auto slightly open and slight close when opening and closing my door. The way they normally would do to make a tight seal?

Any idea why this may be? Did I change a value that I shouldn't have?

Anyone know which code operates this?

what was the solution to this issue? i have had the same thing happen and i have had the windows re-taught though inpa and manually..wtf?

I know someone else has done this and found the fix..someone share some info pls
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #4179
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330XI

Stuck on FSW PSW.MAN, What Am I Doing Wrong?

Sup Guys,

Following the NCS_DIY which has been going good. However, i'm stuck on FSW PSW.MAN. The NCS_DIY state the following;

52. Load NCS >File>load profile “FSW PSW MAN”
53. F1>F3>select your chassis>select “CAS”
54. Press F6 for back
55. Press F4 to select a specific module “process ecu” then you get a list of all modules on your car will and may be different.
57. Select “CAS” then select “READ ECU” this is going to create another FSW_PSW.TRC file but only with the values on for the module we select.
58. Select “READ ECU” this will read all the values from the specific module and place ten in the file stated above. You will get a screen like this. You can close it.

60. Leave ncs open and head to the “work” folder.
61. Open the FSW_PSW.TRC file with notepad
62. File>save as FSW_PSW.MAN (be sure to select “save as type” to all files so that it will accept our “.MAN” extension. If you fail to do so it will just save it as a text file .TXT
63. The “FSW PSW MAN” profile that we used is going to use this “FSW_PSW.MAN” file this is where we are going to make any changes and then NCS will write this to ECU.
64. Open the file we just saved with notepad will look like this.

This is where I believe the error comes in. My FSW_PSW.MAN file looks like this

Additionally my FSW_PSW.TRC file looks like this. The list is short and it doesn’t have the “BC_DIGITAL_V” file?

The FSW_PSW.TRC was only 7kb but the one that I had backed up following the instructions was 220kb. So I deleted the 7kb and replaced it with the 220kb file (which had in it the BC_Digital_V). Then I opened it using notepad and saved it as FSW_PSW.MAN and attempted to code the car using this file. Someone mentioned that i could have potentially bricked my car, how can i confirm if my car is indeed "bricked"?

Can someone offer some assistance?

Last edited by toicy4ya; 08-27-2012 at 06:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #4180
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toicy4ya View Post
Sup Guys,

Following the NCS_DIY which has been going good. However, i'm stuck on FSW PSW.MAN. The NCS_DIY state the following;

52. Load NCS >File>load profile “FSW PSW MAN”
53. F1>F3>select your chassis>select “CAS”
54. Press F6 for back
55. Press F4 to select a specific module “process ecu” then you get a list of all modules on your car will and may be different.
57. Select “CAS” then select “READ ECU” this is going to create another FSW_PSW.TRC file but only with the values on for the module we select.
58. Select “READ ECU” this will read all the values from the specific module and place ten in the file stated above. You will get a screen like this. You can close it.

60. Leave ncs open and head to the “work” folder.
61. Open the FSW_PSW.TRC file with notepad
62. File>save as FSW_PSW.MAN (be sure to select “save as type” to all files so that it will accept our “.MAN” extension. If you fail to do so it will just save it as a text file .TXT
63. The “FSW PSW MAN” profile that we used is going to use this “FSW_PSW.MAN” file this is where we are going to make any changes and then NCS will write this to ECU.
64. Open the file we just saved with notepad will look like this.

This is where I believe the error comes in. My FSW_PSW.MAN file looks like this

Additionally my FSW_PSW.TRC file looks like this. The list is short and it doesn’t have the “BC_DIGITAL_V” file?

The FSW_PSW.TRC was only 7kb but the one that I had backed up following the instructions was 220kb. So I deleted the 7kb and replaced it with the 220kb file (which had in it the BC_Digital_V). Then I opened it using notepad and saved it as FSW_PSW.MAN and attempted to code the car using this file. Someone mentioned that i could have potentially bricked my car, how can i confirm if my car is indeed "bricked"?

Can someone offer some assistance?
It's a well-known typo on the DIY that BC_DIGITAL_V is in KOMBI, not CAS. You still select CAS on the first prompt, but when you get to the large list of modules, you select KOMBI.

The 220KB file you see at the beginning (and immediately after coding any module) is a trace file for your entire car, and you should NEVER flash individual modules using that file. Technically you could use that with the Process Car command, but that's really not recommended. The TRC files you see after reading an ECU are always going to be much smaller because they only contain the parameters of the module you selected, and THOSE are the ones you should be modifying, saving as MAN files, and coding back to the car.

Also, I have no idea what that screenshot is where you say that's what your MAN file looks like. It appears that .MAN files are associated with some other app on your computer, in which case right-click the MAN file, choose Open With, and choose Notepad (if that's not available, click Browse and go to C:\Windows\System32 to find it).

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0