E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > E-Tune Vendors for COBB (N54 engine)

03-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #1
M_Performance
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 N55

E-Tune Vendors for COBB (N54 engine)

Hi guys,

my intention is not at all to trigger a discussion of whats best or better, it is just a gathering of adresses to revert to for e-tunes with COBB AP with the N54 engine, maybe with first hand experience of guys that already had their cars tuned by the respective tuner.

I live in Europe, so all the ProTune addresses do not really suit me and I believe its better to have an etune so that I can test a mapping under different real road conditions, different fuels etc.

I am aware of PTF, for me it would just be great to get some contact details of other official vendors offering e-tunes to compare what they offer and go with one of them or get maps from different sources to try what suits me best. Hopefully this does not offend any offical vendors, but I guess it would also help other people like me to know some adresses that can help out with custom tunes.

Would be great if others can chime in and list some contacts with a known good reputation who know what they are doing in terms of COBB, N54 and etunes.

Thanks in advance, any support is highly appreciated. Hope this was not already discussed elsewhere, if yes please just link to that topic.

I'll just start the list adding the one source I know:

1) Pro Tuning Freaks
2) Wedge

Last edited by M_Performance; 03-20-2015 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

WedgePerformance

PTF and Wedge are the two most popular etune vendors in the N54 scene.

Read around these forums a bit, the topic has been done to death already. Best you talk to both and read a few reviews of each before choosing.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
M_Performance
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the quick reply

I am already aware of PTF and Wedge, only thing that staggered me is the list of ProTuners COBB has on their own website, which made me wonder how many of them are well-known and have a good rep in regards to their e-tunes
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #4
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Performance View Post
Thanks for the quick reply

I am already aware of PTF and Wedge, only thing that staggered me is the list of ProTuners COBB has on their own website, which made me wonder how many of them are well-known and have a good rep in regards to their e-tunes
Food for thought, they, the others, are not dedicated N54 tuners, and they more likely do not even own or have owned an N54.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
jayzF30
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '09 M3

Food for thought, of the ones mentioned above PTF is an actual official Cobb licensed protuner. They are also an actual company and have been around for a LONG time with the N54. Brenn Tuning is also another licensed Cobb protuner shop and a great tuning shop with a vast N54 tuning experience. I say go PTF!

Last edited by jayzF30; 03-20-2015 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #6
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $

Garage List
All of the named tuners are very professional and will serve your tuning needs well. Although we are not licensed, our maps are not locked and we make proven power.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 08:45 AM   #7
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazze90 View Post
Food for thought, of the ones mentioned above PTF is an actual official Cobb licensed protuner. They are also an actual company and have been around for a LONG time with the N54. Brenn Tuning is also another licensed Cobb protuner shop and a great tuning shop with a vast N54 tuning experience.
Does Bren e-tune though?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:45 AM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

I will quickly chime in and try to help before this thread turn into a million page tuner war.
PTF and Wedge / Buraq are the most popular for a reason.

PTF pros:
Licensed Cobb tuners
Have been around for years

Wedge pro:
Unlocked maps ( user can see and edit the map if he wishes).
I think they also charge less and do a lot of small modifications for free

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #9
jippii ensio
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Wedge & BuraQ. > PTF
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #10
M_Performance
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for all the input.

Please dont turn this into a tuner war, wasnt my intention at all. I guess first hand info and fact based pros and cons would be of great benefit for all looking for an etune.

For me this is purely a collection of contacts that provide etunes. Everyone can decide for themselves what suits them best.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 02:08 PM   #11
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

I believe the OP was looking to find out about other options

To clarify a few things that have been mentioned above when it comes to PTF specifically. Our tuning comes with unlimited FREE support and map updates and we've offered this since PTF started.

What this means is when you buy a PTF protune say on a stock car we'd tune you for a given octane and tailor the tune to your needs/goals. From there on any boltons you add we'd work with you to retune and provide an updated map to maximize performance for each bolton so you can take full advantage of increased efficiency, FREE of additional charges.

The only time we require new payment is if you go form say a pump gas tune to E85 or race gas. These additional maps are only $99.

E90post members are provided a discount code for our store which sets the price of our protune at 199 we still include unlimited map updates and support and you can PM us at any time to inquire on it.

Someone mentioned Brenn Tuning. Brenn is a great tuner and I'd recommend his shop highly if you're in the area. Solid N54 experience, a shop with a dyno and Brenn who has actually owned an N54 and spent countless hours on the road and on his dyno tuning it. We're not sure if he still offers etunes but believe he has done a number of them in the past.

For a complete list of 'authorized' Cobb protuners and dealers here's a link to the Cobb website:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Dealer-Ret...or-s/70471.htm

Feel free to PM or email us if any questions at all and sorry for dropping in here as we do realize your question wasn't about what we or others you've mentioned offer or how we compare and you were looking for other options as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #12
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
I believe the OP was looking to find out about other options

To clarify a few things that have been mentioned above when it comes to PTF specifically. Our tuning comes with unlimited FREE support and map updates and we've offered this since PTF started.

What this means is when you buy a PTF protune say on a stock car we'd tune you for a given octane and tailor the tune to your needs/goals. From there on any boltons you add we'd work with you to retune and provide an updated map to maximize performance for each bolton so you can take full advantage of increased efficiency, FREE of additional charges.

The only time we require new payment is if you go form say a pump gas tune to E85 or race gas. These additional maps are only $99.

E90post members are provided a discount code for our store which sets the price of our protune at 199 we still include unlimited map updates and support and you can PM us at any time to inquire on it.

Someone mentioned Brenn Tuning. Brenn is a great tuner and I'd recommend his shop highly if you're in the area. Solid N54 experience, a shop with a dyno and Brenn who has actually owned an N54 and spent countless hours on the road and on his dyno tuning it. We're not sure if he still offers etunes but believe he has done a number of them in the past.

For a complete list of 'authorized' Cobb protuners and dealers here's a link to the Cobb website:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Dealer-Ret...or-s/70471.htm

Feel free to PM or email us if any questions at all and sorry for dropping in here as we do realize your question wasn't about what we or others you've mentioned offer or how we compare and you were looking for other options as well.
Thanks for the clarification.
Interesting though that Active Autowerke are an unauthorized dealer of Cobb, wonder why ?

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 10:39 AM   #13
BrenTuning
Private
Rep
Drives: 628whp M3/450whp 335xi

Yes, we still offer Cobb E-Tunes for those who are not close enough to get it done in person. We have been tuning the N54 platform prior to Cobb so I would say we have a little experience with the platform.

Neil@BrenTuning
508-762-1769
sales@brentuning.com
Appreciate 0