E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Champions League 2010/2011

04-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #67
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
LMAO....naw I am not "that" type of fan. I "respect" Real but I still want them to lose....does that make sense? And don't get me started on Ibrahimovic (he shoulda stayed with the Italians...ugh)...We shoulda kept Eto'o too...ugh...don't get me started on the things they have done to piss me off over the years...LOL....what I was saying is true though and you know it: Real has a history of throwing money around worse than any football team on the planet...you know its true!

p.s. This is all bitterness over the so-called "superteam" of the early 2000's w/Beckham, my fav Zizou, Carlos, Ronaldo, Raul (i am not a Real fan but i love that guy..i call him old faithful), and all the other superstars they had...i mean it was unreal the talent on that team...they should've been blowing teams out left and right....
Makes me wonder if Chelsea is up there aswell.... with their recent purchase if Torres
      04-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #68
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 535i + 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
ABQ325i...you're an Englishman..can you explain what the big deal is with Rooney cursing into the camera. I get that it's a no-no as it is here, but the media is acting like he committed murder on camera. What's the big deal?
Everything goes back to the latest world cup and inevitable early exit. You mess up or underachieve in the last world cup then every little thing will be frowned upon, he's a cheat, he has no heart, he is 'uncouth', I don't give a fuck, United before England any day.

Remember the shit Beckham got after being sent off and our exit in '98?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #69
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine3 View Post
Makes me wonder if Chelsea is up there aswell.... with their recent purchase if Torres
Chelsea had a major spending spree in the last 10 years. Before they were bought by the rich Russian they were heading to obscurity.

I would say Chelsea of late have had the most bandwagon fans, United will always have them but then again they are probably the best team in the world (when they don't have to play Barcelona).
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #70
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ325i View Post
Chelsea had a major spending spree in the last 10 years. Before they were bought by the rich Russian they were heading to obscurity.

I would say Chelsea of late have had the most bandwagon fans, United will always have them but then again they are probably the best team in the world (when they don't have to play Barcelona).

Not the best team in the world haha, but they are probably the most popular and well known (over the history of football...).
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #71
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

just a few more hours baby!!! Time for the 10th!!!!

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #72
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Goooo Gannnndallllf.....LMAO....
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #73
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Nice Gandalf banner LOL... I really wish United had obtained Mesut Ozil.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #74
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

As a united fan (not bandwagoner - but one who took the abuse after the loses to bournemouth back in the day!!) i really think chelsea was the worst draw for us.

Against Barce or Real u have to raise your game - and if you lose - u lose to great teams. Chelsea have the victory from a few weeks ago to boost their confidence and united have a very fragile defence at the moment.

Do i see wither united or chelsea beating barce - no. They way they have been playing of late has been like its a training game. If they win it with football like that - no-one will be-grudge them it.

Can Tottenham beat Real tonight... after what they did to Inter.... thats a serious confidence boost telling them they can overcome anyone.
      04-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #75
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

an hour away.....

**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #76
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I still prefer the Gandalf banner...but man those are huge..may the best team win.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #77
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Inter got raped in the anal with no lube so did The Spurs
      04-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #78
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Wahhhhhh

"We are sorry to inform you that, as a result of the lottery process, your ticket application with Customer Reference Number: xxxxxx for the UEFA Champions League Final 2011 has not been successful.

Best regards,

Ticketing"
      04-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #79
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wasn't making fun, I was pointing out how Real are not the invincible team you think they are. You have a hard enough time being a Real fan how it is, you don't need anymore grief from me

If you give up a goal on Tuesday then you should be very worried about the English leg.

I still want to know why you labeled me with "gotta love the non-playing so called "fans""
any other insightful comments?

I love how a "bad spell" of 7 years, for the most successful club in the world, makes some of you experienced fans so blind to Madrid's always dangerous history and DNA.

Do you know the last time Manure beat Madrid?
Do you know which team has more CL titles since 2000, Barca, Manure, or Madrid?
Do you seriously believe Barca is 5-0 "better" than Madrid?

but hey, by all means, continue hating...

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #80
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
any other insightful comments?
but hey, by all means, continue hating...
Do you know the last time Man United beat Madrid? Yes, 2003 at Old Trafford 4-3 the last time they played.

Do you know which team has more CL titles since 2000, Barca, Man United, or Madrid?

Why 2000? Because United won it in '99?? 2 for each of the Spanish teams and 1 for United, 2 if you count '99

Do you seriously believe Barca is 5-0 "better" than Madrid? They were less than six months ago, not sure if they will score 5 but they will probably beat them, one thing is for sure you ain't winning no silverware at home this year.

You are the one hating with the manure references and trying to talk down. I wouldn't be surprised if your not even Spanish nevermind being from Madrid.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #81
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you know the last time Man United beat Madrid? Yes, 2003 at Old Trafford 4-3 the last time they played.

Do you know which team has more CL titles since 2000, Barca, Man United, or Madrid?

Why 2000? Because United won it in '99?? 2 for each of the Spanish teams and 1 for United, 2 if you count '99

Do you seriously believe Barca is 5-0 "better" than Madrid? They were less than six months ago, not sure if they will score 5 but they will probably beat them, one thing is for sure you ain't winning no silverware at home this year.

You are the one hating with the manure references and trying to talk down. I wouldn't be surprised if your not even Spanish nevermind being from Madrid.
typical Manchester fan behavior! Start the trolling/e-thugging, and quickly go on the deflection mode when hit back.

it's ok, unlike you, I'll be pulling for the reds to make it past chelsea

ps- I'm not worried about "silverware at home"...they (barca) got some catching up to do in that regard, nevermind the CL. I am curious though on why you are sackriding Barca so much, since a) you are not from spain, much less catalan , and b) they tore you a new one as well a couple of years ago in the CL final.... hmmm, interesting.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #82
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I just have more respect for Barca fan's they've always been great and hospitable when I've been there, I was there a few times to see more than one United play there.

So seriously, what part of Madrid are you from?

The reason I ask is because I'm from south Manchester, worked in Old Trafford, actually had a business there taking fans (not just reds) to Europe to see European away games. I went to the games at Old Trafford, followed them through Europe, was there for the '94 beating at Barca, the '99 treble and most amazing comeback ever. You know, just the regular working class red, and here we are on an internet forum and someone comes in later than me to the conversation and calls me a 'so called fan' & 'manure fan' then fails to justify the comments.

I understand that there are thousands of bandwagon fans out there, but you are barking up the wrong tree using that one on me. And for the record, if you go back and re-read the posts you will see that it was you who was trolling not me and seriously, where the fuck did the e-thugging comment come from?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 02:19 AM   #83
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
^^^And we call American Football fans passionate!
BTW to both of you...I don't have a drop of Spanish blood in me, but I still like Barca...just like I am not from Ohio but love The Ohio State University....to each their own guys..you aint got to be from the place to love the team..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 03:52 AM   #84
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Stop the fighting and enjoy what Stankovic did last night ... one of the all time great goals without a doubt!
      04-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #85
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

I lived in Madrid 2 blocks away from la Plaza de los toros.

Not going to keep going back n forth with you...you said what you had to say, and there it is. Keep sackriding barca and hating on madrid, it wont affect me or Real Madrid one bit . I, on the other hand, do wish ManU good luck today, as I think they represent better football than chelsea.

RCUK, that was an amazing game! I'm hoping one of my favorites of all time, Raul, makes it to the finals! The man is a legend. Inter's ride has come to an end I'm afraid....the spanking by AC Milan, and now this, is just not going to cut it.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #86
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
RCUK, that was an amazing game! I'm hoping one of my favorites of all time, Raul, makes it to the finals! The man is a legend. Inter's ride has come to an end I'm afraid....the spanking by AC Milan, and now this, is just not going to cut it.
Raul is a legend and doesn't get half the respect he deserves IMO. As far as the Italian teams go, they have been playing subpar football as far as I am concerned over the last year with the exception of AC Milan.....my how the mighty have fallen (remember when Juventus mattered?) with scandal and complacency! Spanish and Englsh football are the best leagues hands down IMHO....followed by Ze Deutsche (although I am a bit biased from living in Germany for 13+ years ).
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #87
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I agree with adrean8j, you don't have to live in the same city, state or country of the team you support or love. However you shouldn't point fingers and accuse those who are from the very city their team is from as a bandwagon or a 'so called fan'!

There is no hating, it is just about personal preference. I've been to Barcelona so many times with different teams and had such great times and was shown so much respect on both a fan and business level that it is hard not to have a preference for them (when they are not playing United).

I offered an opinion, I thought (wrongly) that Spurs might have had a chance against Madrid. Had the draw been different and Madrid had drawn Chelsea instead of Spurs then I would have been saying Madrid are going to destroy Chelsea and the last few pages would have never happened.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #88
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Crouch killed the game before it started with his rediculous tackles. Oh well at least Schalke won and that was an Amazing game. Ssabripo, a lot of your comments were seriously lame calling him a "so-called fan" (you don't even know the guy) and with the Manure comments...who's doing all the "hating" again?
Appreciate 0