E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Multiple Light Failiures even after new bulbs

03-06-2016, 09:58 AM   #1
liamb2001
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i m sport

Multiple Light Failiures even after new bulbs

Hi

I could really do with some help here. Today i popped to my mum's being mothers day and all and when i was leaving i got into my bmw 320 07 to find my idrive popping up with multiple errors about the lights. Fast indicator lights as well...I assumed it was due to a failing bulb and noticed on the main rear lights me left bottow row inside bulb was not working. So i went to my tool box and replaced with another bulb i had and still nothing...so i then replaced it with a bulb from the oposing right side and still it wouldnt light up.

A little confused by this i followed some othrer posts on this have since tried swapping the housing with the right, checked the connectors and wiring (which seem fine) and still the same main left tail light will not come on.

Does anyone have any ideas at all what it could be, maybe a fuse or something ?

Would really appreciate any help
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 02:43 AM   #2
liamb2001
Registered
Rep

Ok since then ive now replaced both fuses and thats not fixed anything. Could really do with any help.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 03:06 AM   #3
wallsmk2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e91 325i

If you don't have the means to test power to bulb connector then I'd check the wiring harness for broken wires. I don't know much about the saloon but I assume the harness goes through the boot lid somewhere around the hinge so it's likely damaged around there. It should be easy to pop out the ends of the harness protector and peel it back to inspect.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 06:00 AM   #4
liamb2001
Registered
Rep

Thanks mate yes it does ill take a look and report back
Appreciate 0