E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Limp mode at WOT with Procede V3 Rev 1

10-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Blk07335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

Limp mode at WOT with Procede V3 Rev 1

Hey guys I was driving home yesterday and the car just felt sluggish. Normally the boost is fairly linear with throttle position but this time it seemed like the boost was lagging the throttle pretty significantly. Then I noticed I couldn't get any boost past stock levels 7-8 psi. Then I started getting concerned. Once traffic cleared I did a WOT run and immediately got a limp going from 2-3. Got home and loaded the 9-9 firmware and maps in so I could enable valet mode. No change even in valet mode. Sluggish boost response and then limp at WOT gear change (AT BTW). So I removed the Procede in preparation for a trip to the dealer. Went out for another run and no limps. Everything is fine this morning coming to work. So now I'm not sure what I should do. I submitted a support form to Vishnutuning. I'm thinking there may be something wrong the Procede itself. Anyone else experienced a similar problem? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
prich2004
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
You probably have a leak somewhere. This has happened to me before. Turned out to be a leaky charge pipe. Might be hard to reproduce under stock boost levels.
      10-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
Blk07335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

I was thinking that might be the case but a leak wouldn't explain the sluggish boost at below stock levels < 8 psi. With the Procede removed the boost goes right up to 8 psi and is rock solid. I did check all the connections I could see without removing the plastic shield underneath. Everything looked OK.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

i am also experiencing some really laggy/unresponsive throttle issues just like you described. my idle was really harsh/loud as well. i am also steptronic with V3 rev1 (latest doomsday stage1 maps).

even when i switched to my low boost (nearly stock) map, the throttle/idle was still really bad.

after i removed the procede unit, the car drove perfectly. no issues with the throttle or idle. wasnt able to reproduce the issues at all after removing the procede.

my car is currently at the dealership, no word on the diagnosis yet. i posted some details on this thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312937
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post
i am also experiencing some really laggy/unresponsive throttle issues just like you described. my idle was really harsh/loud as well. i am also steptronic with V3 rev1 (latest doomsday stage1 maps).

even when i switched to my low boost (nearly stock) map, the throttle/idle was still really bad.

after i removed the procede unit, the car drove perfectly. no issues with the throttle or idle. wasnt able to reproduce the issues at all after removing the procede.

my car is currently at the dealership, no word on the diagnosis yet. i posted some details on this thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312937
I also had this EXACT issue...Usually happened about 1-2 weeks after re-setting adaptations on the ECU.

In my case it was a combination of a couple of things.

1.) Leaking injectors fouling plugs as well as irregular spray patterns
2.) Since I had an older build car with an MSD80, there was some issues with the software. The newer ECU software fixed this adaptation bug that only affected MSD80 cars. The cars were not adapting properly causing driveability issues which are aggravated by the use of of both my Procede Rev I and RevII.

When I removed the tunes, the cars drove fine, but rougher idles it's been about 400 miles and the car is driving very smooth with my tune now.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

I'm having issues with WOT and limp as well. My car's going into the dealer on Monday to see if they can resolve it. I specifically asked them to update my DME to the latest. (i'm 29.2 MSD80 right now. ) They're going to test the injectors for me as well.
Appreciate 0