E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Scammed on eBay!!!

01-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #45
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an old person.

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylimmy View Post
Buy a box of Thorntons, eat them all, shit in a box, wait until its dried out, cut into small pieces, dip in chocolate, roll in crushed nuts, dried coconut, cocao powder, icing sugar etc so they look nice a professional, place in Thorntons box, seal up, wrap in gift wrapping paper and post them to him.....

even if he only bites into one, its worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
My revenge tactic was to locate the mother of the buyer and get her pregnant. Not sure if I will achieve the last aim though as she was pushing 90 years old.
      01-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #46
petecollins
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikoV View Post
I've found out that packages sent by normally delivery (untracked) in Estonia have to be signed for...and at a PO by the receiver.

I have couple of properties there and gf's family are in Tallinn, Tartu and Otepaa. If you want any help, let me know.
Hi, I didnt know thats, that's where the guy lives in Tallinn.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #47
petecollins
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina-d3 View Post
Have you ever considered getting some professional help?

Yeah if you know anyone that can make him disappear that would help
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #48
petecollins
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
Open a new Ebay account , purchase some bits from him then either put them on dispute or smash them and take plenty off pictures and explain to ebays dispute team you are returning them as damaged and want a full refund.

My issues with Ebay !

I bought a Rolex Part Nov 2011. He had used a genuine part or pic off the part then shipped me a piece off junk ,First off all I thought its only £250 and serves me right then I had a mental turn ,I asked him nice what his game was and would he like to do the right thing and return the money ? He Ignored me ,So I had to get my Rolex Dealer to verify the part was counterfeit ,I put it on dispute with Paypal /ebay and LLoyds Mastercard it was funny because at one time he thought both had debited a refund to me as in £500 and he had no counterfeit part , I sent the part to Rolex stating he was selling fake Rolex parts .I told him exactly what I was going to by email even time ( Ebays dispute team can and do read the correspondances SO BE WARNED KEEP IT CLEAN AND PROFESSIONAL)

He emailed me saying he was coming down from Bridgend to kick my head in as i was a thieving c---, I sent him a nice email saying please just let me know when you intend coming down as it is a long way and dont want you to have a wasted journey or allternativly call at my works and ask at reception (said I worked for Sussex police serious fraud unit ) and would be pleased to meet him and discuss further .

Ebay is full off C---- now .

Id try and sabourtage his auctions start bidding on everything he has selling etc,I had to do this to some Chinese seller who took my money for some Memeory sticks and failed to deliver the goods ,I told him if you dont reply to my emails fom 6pm tonight I will hit buy it now every hour until you reply after the third time he called my land line that was a little awkward ,I dont know how he got our number but it did get it sorted and we received our sticks .

I got burned last Summer on a John deers mowing deck and got turned over by a Scottish buyer or his misses and im done with it now , Sold a mowing deck 220 gbp and after a week or so he decided it ws significantly different to advertised I ended up giving him 120 back , I got to keep 100 minus fees and felt id been proper fucked over he wanted me to either come in so he could show me what he considered the problem or arrange collection , like 500 miles away it weighed 90+ kg

F--- E--- and the fees stink .

Rant over
Holy s**t and I thought I had it bad. Sorry to hear about your past problems. I've calmed down a hell of a lot now. I was seriously thinking off flying to Estonia with just 1 tie wrap knock on his door, punch him full force in the face.

Put the tie round his neck. Soon as he wakes up, pull the tie wrap as hard as I can. When he's lying there gasping for his last breathe. I finish him off by pi**ing in his mouth.

But as usual I'll just bend over and get bum rushed.

The case is still on going. It annoys me that PayPal have more or less decided in his favour by putting my account in negative balance. So he's won from the start so in the meantime I can't buy or sell on eBay untill it's resolved. Everything I've been selling has just been chipping away at the negative balance.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #49
SiofChester
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F06 640d

Sorry to hear of this. I've also had problems like this on ebay, I have found that actually calling the ebay & paypal people up, you get a better success rate, and if they decide against you, you can work out their policy and work it toy our effect against the same person next time they list something up for sale...
      01-24-2013, 03:30 AM   #50
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTD

Quote:
Give us his user name im happy to buy everything he has and get banned from ebay !

Happy to piss the twat off
+1
      01-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #51
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Well it is not the only ebay, but few people on this forum sell rubbish stuff as well.

And worst part is that you are not covered by any protection and you do not want to name and shame them.

I bought iphone 4S for my other half on this forum. Phone truned up but one of the screw was missing from the bottom of that phone.
Contacted the seller and he stated that he had changed the whole body in good faith to sell immaculate phone to forum members and he missed that screw. And he offered to send a screw and screw driver.

Fair enough, I put the phone back in the box and started waiting for the screw to arrive in post.

Two days later, screw and screw driver arrived. After fitting the scew, I gave the phone to my other half.

On this aftermarket body the home button was loose and tend to rotate (where as on the original body it does not rotate).

And very next day, we discovered that front camera was not working.

So I contacted the seller again and asked him to take it back. By that time, we knew that something went wrong with the phone as why whould you change the body of the phone without fitting all the screws and without checking the front camera (good faith....lies).

This gentleman accused me of droping the phone and making it mess. He also stated that why didn't I tell him earlier. Brilliant. I told him that I did not use the phone as screw was missing. We started using it only when screw was fitted and very next day, I informed him about the camera.

He refused to take it back and offered fixing it. Where do forum members stand ???
So I had to send him the phone back on my cost, and wait for another week. Phone arrived a weerk later and guess what....

The front camera was fake and took absolutely rubbish photos compared to my iphone 4s. Definitely, his technician did not inform him about fitting fake / low resolution camera or he got the cheapest fitted in that phone without caring for others....

I was fed up with this gentleman and his words. You know what you were going to hear if you were to contact him. I simply ignored it and learnt a lesson that do not buy iphones / electronic stuff on this forum...especially those who own E60 / E87 / other cars and come on E90 forums just for selling their rubbish stuff.

You only buy the stuff from those who are well known for their honestly / helpful nature.

Now worst part is that I do not feel confident enough to sell it on. I truly do not feel that it is fair to sell it to somebody in that condition. And I guess I will have to wait till this phone dies and get damaged to buy another one.
      01-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #52
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Well it is not the only ebay, but few people on this forum sell rubbish stuff as well.

And worst part is that you are not covered by any protection and you do not want to name and shame them.
Sorry to hear this Fella,you're certainly not the first to be conned on the forum,and I very much doubt you'll be the last.

Were I in your position,I'd not hesitate in naming and shaming the individual,it gives other members a warning,and may just shame the scum who did the dirty on you to do the right thing.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #53
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

I agree with Hotcoupe. I always Google the username before considering a purchase on here. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #54
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Sorry to hear this Fella,you're certainly not the first to be conned on the forum,and I very much doubt you'll be the last.

Were I in your position,I'd not hesitate in naming and shaming the individual,it gives other members a warning,and may just shame the scum who did the dirty on you to do the right thing.
Ian,
Nobody wants any sort of problems / hassles. I hope it never happens again, but if it will, I will follow what has been advised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
I agree with Hotcoupe. I always Google the username before considering a purchase on here. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Good idea mate. I will be starting this from now on.
      01-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #55
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Mak - post his username. You are doing a service to anyone else whom would consider buying from this "individual".
      01-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #56
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post

name and shame!

standard!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #57
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

I expect the A-hole is long gone !
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #58
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I expect the A-hole is long gone !
+1
I have not seen him lately. If I see him selling anything I will warn on his thread rather naming him here.
      01-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #59
Ajerthan
Bimmaaaa
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
Fucking hell, shitting in a box is funny but this level of detail is borderline serial killer
That.

InstaGram: Ajerthan
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #60
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

OP, sorry for

Any luck in abducting him...?
      01-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #61
JTMR360
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 335d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylimmy View Post
Buy a box of Thorntons, eat them all, shit in a box, wait until its dried out, cut into small pieces, dip in chocolate, roll in crushed nuts, dried coconut, cocao powder, icing sugar etc so they look nice a professional, place in Thorntons box, seal up, wrap in gift wrapping paper and post them to him.....

even if he only bites into one, its worth it
When I got sick of someone eating my favourite sweets (Rowntrees fruit pastles) I bought a bag and myself and a few helpful mates put them in some special places and put them back in the bag.

They were eaten lol

Dip your Thorntons in some man'O'choc and send them!!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 04:40 AM   #62
Ste133
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i

Is it wrong that I keep coming back to this thread just to see how f*cked up some of these revenge missions are?

Makkan - I had the same issue on this forum. Bought some wheels in good faith. Stored them. Turned out one of them was cracked. Lesson learnt.

OP - do keep us informed as to how paypal deal with your situation though.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 04:45 AM   #63
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste133 View Post
Makkan - I had the same issue on this forum. Bought some wheels in good faith. Stored them. Turned out one of them was cracked. Lesson learnt.
Another case of naming and shaming Steve.

It warns other members of the low life's that are amongst us,again,I wouldn't think twice of exposing the perpetrator/s.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0