E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > please help, trying to code for bluetooth but failed and everything got reset

Closed Thread

10-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
b328xi
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

please help, trying to code for bluetooth but failed and everything got reset

sorry if I am not suppose to do this but I posted this issue on ********* but thought that perhaps I should put it here too.. (since I believe there are more people and I'm desperate hoping that someone with more experience could help me; I tried searching but havent found the solution).

I have 328xi 2008 which was prewired for bluetooth. I read on this thread:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356638
It mentions that I can just add microphone and bluetooth antenna.. I connected all the cables to the MULF2 high. and then its on to coding.

I purchased the cable from jephistech which i believe the recommended cable from ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...m=250876892917
which i believe is the same one as from this store below (since its the same company)
http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

Now when I started to code, I followed the ncs_diy.pdf instructions on
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451145 and "how to code with ncsexpert.pdf"

I added $644 (which I assume is the correct SA code for bluetooth) to the CAS... which does nothing so I tried to do the same thing to the NFRM which also did not enable bluetooth. so I read from http://www.**************/showthread...-and-FRM/page2 (its a ********* site but somehow its truncated)
mentions to process the whole car.. this had an error at first it was IFH-0009: No Response from Control Unit.. which was due to me forgetting to switch on the ignition. so then I proceeded to try again (after switching on the ignition).. it gave a BEST version error.. which in this thread
http://www.**************/showthread...version-error&
(its a ********* site but somehow its truncated)
mentions that i may need to use newer daten files and ediabas.. so I updated daten to v42 (i overwrite the files), then ediabas to 7.2.504 (i copied the folders to the edibas folder)
but before trying again, I noticed that the car showed service errors and all the maintenance information was gone; it would show a round clock with 00.00.00 dates. i also noticed that the door gong was different.
just for the heck of it, I tried to code the car (process car) again but it gave "IFH-0009: No Response from Control Unit" error (eventhough the ignition was switched on).. and everything is still reset.. no time, or date and maintenance info just show the round clock with 00 date.

Please help.. Would anyone have any idea on how to bring my car back to normal?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by b328xi; 10-10-2011 at 08:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 02:09 AM   #2
Tuesday
Frequent Flyer
Rep
Drives: 535LCI

The 'No Response from Control Unit" makes me think you have a non-nav car with prof. radio 2URAD. If this is the case you cannot process the car with DCAN cable because by default the 2URAD is set to not allow non-optical communication. Supposedly there are ways with Tool32 to get around this, but I have not been able to figure it out myself, something with changing the diagnostic method. Sounds to me as if you need to find someone with an OPS unit, or advanced knowledge of Tool32 to do the coding for you. If I am wrong and you do have CIC or CCC nav, tell me what ecu NCS stops at when you get the error.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
b328xi
Rep

Hi itschase,
you are absolutely correct. my car only has prof radio so no nav. I did not know that DCAN would not work for non nav vehicles.

when i searched around, it seems that no one has experienced these kind of errors (maintenance schedule disappear, dates becoming 00, and it was asking for some service even though the car was just serviced a month ago). If i remember correctly, it stopped at KOMBI (?).

so as much as I hate giving up on trying to resolve this, i am going to bring the car to an independent bmw service; which mentions that he can fix it.. when i talked to the mechanic, he said that NCSexpert was not supposed to be used on cars; it was for software testing..

I'll let u guys know what happens.. so perhaps this experience can save someone else from making the same mistake as I did..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
Tuesday
Frequent Flyer
Rep
Drives: 535LCI

Before you take it in for service, try removing the VO you added and processing the KOMBI with expertmode. May not change anything but it's worth a shot. Good luck and please let us know what they say.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
b328xi
Rep

well, I feel really stupid.

I have not turned on the car since the day I was trying to code. This morning when I turned it on, service error is still there (cabin filter service with 2001 date).
so I proceeded to set the date on the radio and the car's date. (The radio date was empty & car's date was off). after that, the cabin filter service error is still there (with 2001 date). but the other maintenance information are back...

i was browsing around to see if anything was different. i noticed that digital speedometer was there when I did not even code it. when I hit "menu" on the radio, to my surprise Bluetooth was there!!! I could pair my phone.. I tried calling and it seems to work (could not check whether the microphone work; i didn't have anyone to call since it was early in the morning)..

So from this experience, it seems like there is a waiting period for the computers to recognized the coding?? in that logic, maybe after i coded CAS, i should have waited one night to see if it had worked??

I brought the car to a independent bmw service to see if he could reset the cabin filter service error, he tried to reset it without using a computer (through some button sequence of BC button and trip reset button; couldn't really remember the exact sequence since he was doing it pretty fast).. but in the end, it could not be reset due to the date being so far off (2001 while its a 2008 car). So he will need to use his computer to reset it and if that does not work (worse case scenario), the whole car may need to be reprogrammed. Hopefully he does not need to reprogram the car because he mentioned that it would be updated to the newest program and I may not be able to use the NCSexpert anymore.. =)
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
b328xi
Rep

i got my car back from the shop..

they did have to reprogram about 3/4 of the modules because they could not reset it even with their software.

so now everything is back to normal but i lost the digital speedometer.. and bluetooth still works..

since the mechanic mentions that I cannot use ncsexpert anymore.. could this be true? if its true maybe i wont have any need for the cable anymore..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
mr_milo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 328i

He probably said that since he updated the software versions. You'll just need to download the latest, version V43 I believe, and you should be good to go.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
b328xi
Rep

oo cool. that gives me hope that the cable could be of some use.. thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
Peertwelve
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by b328xi View Post
well, I feel really stupid.

I have not turned on the car since the day I was trying to code. This morning when I turned it on, service error is still there (cabin filter service with 2001 date).
so I proceeded to set the date on the radio and the car's date. (The radio date was empty & car's date was off). after that, the cabin filter service error is still there (with 2001 date). but the other maintenance information are back...

i was browsing around to see if anything was different. i noticed that digital speedometer was there when I did not even code it. when I hit "menu" on the radio, to my surprise Bluetooth was there!!! I could pair my phone.. I tried calling and it seems to work (could not check whether the microphone work; i didn't have anyone to call since it was early in the morning)..

So from this experience, it seems like there is a waiting period for the computers to recognized the coding?? in that logic, maybe after i coded CAS, i should have waited one night to see if it had worked??

I brought the car to a independent bmw service to see if he could reset the cabin filter service error, he tried to reset it without using a computer (through some button sequence of BC button and trip reset button; couldn't really remember the exact sequence since he was doing it pretty fast).. but in the end, it could not be reset due to the date being so far off (2001 while its a 2008 car). So he will need to use his computer to reset it and if that does not work (worse case scenario), the whole car may need to be reprogrammed. Hopefully he does not need to reprogram the car because he mentioned that it would be updated to the newest program and I may not be able to use the NCSexpert anymore.. =)
I had this exact error last month when coding the digital speedo. My cabin air filter CBS date was reset to 2001 and nothing I tried could reset the date and clear the error. It turns out that I was using an old spdaten folder. After I patched the files a was able to recode the module. All of the issues were fixed. I used some of the files near the end of the BMW Codinf Success thread

Sold- 2011 335i Sedan | 6MT | Wavetrac | Eibach Pro | CDV delete | Cobb | BSW
Sudden death - 1970 BMW 2002
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread