E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Has anyone heard of extremeparts in Toronto

12-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #23
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92

While I agree that you can not have 100% fitment on replica body parts, everyone still want's the best possible fitment available at a good price . Having something thats 7/10 fitment to me is not acceptable for a replica, given that numerous others have reported that their M3 replica side skirts have 9 or 9.5/10 fitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Guys the only parts that fit spot on are stamped on the inside and say OEM BMW Made In Germany.

Its possible to get parts that have balls-on fitment, if you really care that much then buy OEM parts. Any replica, no matter how good, will not have the consistency and fitment of those made for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #24
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda View Post
While I agree that you can not have 100% fitment on replica body parts, everyone still want's the best possible fitment available at a good price . Having something thats 7/10 fitment to me is not acceptable for a replica, given that numerous others have reported that their M3 replica side skirts have 9 or 9.5/10 fitment.
I agree with you, the unfortunate thing is you won't know if your replica part fits until you buy it. Accuracy and fitment regardless if its an ebay sale or a vendor sale, all these replica parts are made from a very small handfull of manufactures in Taiwan and China. Your pretty much rolling the dice and hoping for the best because you really have no control over what you get or how close to perfect fitment will be.

OEM is 3 times the price for a reason.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #25
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

That's why I'm asking for references and individual experiences with their purchase to lessen the risk of choosing a bad replica .

Quote:
I agree with you, the unfortunate thing is you won't know if your replica part fits until you buy it. Accuracy and fitment regardless if its an ebay sale or a vendor sale, all these replica parts are made from a very small handfull of manufactures in Taiwan and China. Your pretty much rolling the dice and hoping for the best because you really have no control over what you get or how close to perfect fitment will be.

OEM is 3 times the price for a reason.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #26
ObiChen
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11'E90 / 18'F82

Garage List
2018 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
One thing to be clear, my full mark will only be given to OEM parts, so 7/10 is pretty much acceptable. my 9/10 will be given to those parts which has the "perfect" fitment
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #27
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Lol if it had "perfect fitment" wouldn't that be a 10/10 :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiwanChen View Post
One thing to be clear, my full mark will only be given to OEM parts, so 7/10 is pretty much acceptable. my 9/10 will be given to those parts which has the "perfect" fitment
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #28
ObiChen
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Lol if it had "perfect fitment" wouldn't that be a 10/10 :P
then OEM should be 11/10? Lol anyway, just different criterion.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #29
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liang View Post
What where the items last year and what items do you have happened for this year? Looking forward to this.
I have a large list of parts for sale. I will have a website up in the next month or so. But basically replica M3 front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts. Replica M-Tech front bumper, rear bumper. Replica CF Trunks, CF side mirror covers. M-Tech front Lip Replicas, Performance spoilers, etc etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #30
maf330xi
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
I have a large list of parts for sale. I will have a website up in the next month or so. But basically replica M3 front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts. Replica M-Tech front bumper, rear bumper. Replica CF Trunks, CF side mirror covers. M-Tech front Lip Replicas, Performance spoilers, etc etc.
Can't wait (I hope you can also get the e90 front mtech)

Blacklines | 19" Morr VS8.2 | Gloss Black Grilles | PE | M-Tech | KW V1 | Euro Spec Headlights
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I think its important that you state this....simply because everyone's opinion on fitment differs. As such, when I post up my group buy sale this year, I will have a rating system of the parts I sell. I will note the rating system for everyone's reference, and you can judge how it measures up to your own views, and then you can make a better judgement if you want the part or not. I bet there is no other online shop or local, that would be this honest and upfront with its customers.

Important to note that as a member on these forums, and an active participant at club meets and cruises, I have zero intent to sell anyone anything they would not be happy with. Since I have now seen and installed on cars the majority of aftermarket parts out there, I can give some honest criteria on the fitment.

Another aspect people often take for granted, and no one has mentioned here is that the fitment has A LOT to do with the shop that installs it for you. There is always some work to be done by the shop to improve the fitment. And while some may not think shops play a factor....I would bet my car that it does. I have seen these parts being installed, and I have seen them on cars from various shops. You can tell when a shop didn't give a fk, or when the person who owns the car wanted to pay next to nothing to get the work done. I have also seen great replicas, good replicas, and shitty replicas that require the guy that installed it to go through therapy.

Don't underestimate a shops efforts when dealing with aftermarket parts. NO aftermarket parts fit perfectly as previously noted, but some parts only need a little time and care from a given shop to get that perfect looking fitment.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #32
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
When I post up my group buy sale this year, I will have a rating system of the parts I sell. I will note the rating system for everyone's reference, and you can judge how it measures up to your own views, and then you can make a better judgement if you want the part or not. I bet there is no other online shop or local, that would be this honest and upfront with its customers.
I agree, not a single other vendor does this and thats awesome your going to.

Planning on getting any M3 Mirrors?

Last edited by shaginwagon13; 12-11-2012 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #33
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Planning on getting any M3 Mirrors?
Still looking for where I can score a good deal to bring them in. I really want a pair as well
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #34
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Still looking for where I can score a good deal to bring them in. I really want a pair as well
haha if you source these out you be sure to let me know.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #35
ObiChen
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
I think its important that you state this....simply because everyone's opinion on fitment differs. As such, when I post up my group buy sale this year, I will have a rating system of the parts I sell. I will note the rating system for everyone's reference, and you can judge how it measures up to your own views, and then you can make a better judgement if you want the part or not. I bet there is no other online shop or local, that would be this honest and upfront with its customers.

Important to note that as a member on these forums, and an active participant at club meets and cruises, I have zero intent to sell anyone anything they would not be happy with. Since I have now seen and installed on cars the majority of aftermarket parts out there, I can give some honest criteria on the fitment.

Another aspect people often take for granted, and no one has mentioned here is that the fitment has A LOT to do with the shop that installs it for you. There is always some work to be done by the shop to improve the fitment. And while some may not think shops play a factor....I would bet my car that it does. I have seen these parts being installed, and I have seen them on cars from various shops. You can tell when a shop didn't give a fk, or when the person who owns the car wanted to pay next to nothing to get the work done. I have also seen great replicas, good replicas, and shitty replicas that require the guy that installed it to go through therapy.

Don't underestimate a shops efforts when dealing with aftermarket parts. NO aftermarket parts fit perfectly as previously noted, but some parts only need a little time and care from a given shop to get that perfect looking fitment.
I agree with you. So let me be more clear. I bought the M3 side skirts from extremeparts and they installed it for me. I will give 7/10 for the parts, assume they did 100% effort to install it.

my full mark will be given to OEM parts

9/10 will be given to "perfect" fitment aftermarket parts that doesn't need too much installation effort

8/10 will be given to aftermarket parts that require extra effort to make it perfect.

7/10 is overall good but has small imperfection.

6/10 is can be installed but has critical imperfection.

blow 6/10 is unacceptable or cannot be installed.

Lol, I think I should copy the criteria and paste it each time when I made a review.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #36
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I agree with you. So let me be more clear. I bought the M3 side skirts from extremeparts and they installed it for me. I will give 7/10 for the parts, assume they did 100% effort to install it.

my full mark will be given to OEM parts

9/10 will be given to "perfect" fitment aftermarket parts that doesn't need too much installation effort

8/10 will be given to aftermarket parts that require extra effort to make it perfect.

7/10 is overall good but has small imperfection.

6/10 is can be installed but has critical imperfection.

blow 6/10 is unacceptable or cannot be installed.

Lol, I think I should copy the criteria and paste it each time when I made a review.

lol just add it to your sig
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #37
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Hey I was wondering if I could come take a look at the fitment of the m3 side skirts in person? Do they overlap anywhere? Do the ends of the skirts line up with the front and rear fenders? Let me know about any imperfections you noticed please

Let me know if I can come check it out anytime soon!

Attachment 794304

Attachment 794305

Attachment 794306

Attachment 794307

Attachment 794308
The fitment of that front bumper needs some tweaking, id give that a 6/10 at best. Mine was closer to 8.5/10 with some adjustment work but I had an E90 so there could be some differences there.

Also, dude pls get some decent looking wheels for the winter. Steelies just kill the look, specially since you are running an "m3" bumper.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #38
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Lol its all good, its winter so it doesnt really matter how it looks
Appreciate 0