E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Setup opinion

04-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
Grendalf
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi (E90 LCI)

Setup opinion

Hey guys, I have just ordered my PROcede canbus and I was looking to the tuning options I have without going to extreme. I already go through a "hardcore" tuning with my '04 STi simply changed all the mechanics to get a freaking sleeper beast. The car was amazing and it was a pleasure to correct Porsche on the track but with a newly family you can understand that driving a racing car every day wasn't the best option for me.

I don't want the dealer notice right away that I have done a few things on the car and I want it to get more power. Stock the car is great , I am enjoying the comfort and the responsive engine but the car is heavy and is missing power after third gear, this is where I am missing my GT35r whistle...

So long story short, I bought as mentioned the PROcede, Forge DV and a OCC. 2 of them are more preventive than power upgrade but I know this parts are important in a long run. The question I have is : Anyone of you is simply running a PROcede with a catless DP? I know in the Subaru world just a catless DP with an ecutek make a great package not too hard on the mechanics and get the most of the small stock turbo.

Once again, anyone has experience with only a catless DP and PROcede or JuiceBox on their car? What should I expect from the car comparing to only the ecu tuning?

Thank guys and glad to finally get my bimmer !
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
luca335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 335I Sedan

The more mods on the car , the more boost u can run. I would get a DCI as well and maybe u can get away with running stage 2.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
I'm running PROcede and DCI with DP and IC coming up soon. However, my number one concern is the ability to uninstall these items for dealer visits to avoid warranty hassles. You will be happy with the PROcede in the mean time though, significant improvement over stock +85whp with just a tune is no joke.

I'm not sure if you really had these concerns or not.
Appreciate 0