E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Aussie Bmw Dealerships (black List)

03-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #67
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
I wonder if anyone from Alto has read(s) this? Maybe someone should send the dealer principal the link to this post/forum..... Might be handy if they want to sell a few more vehicles...
yeh they do actually...

because i remember asking what the new convertible was going to look like, and he looked up e90post to show me a pic... lol and i said to him "that looks more like a 6 series" and he said.. "oh, oops, so it is.."

so long and the short of it, yes they do read it
      08-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #68
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

I thought i would bring back an old thread by telling people that there is some great news for people who live near Chatswood and prefer to go to ALTO BMW Artarmon. Alto BMW Artarmon are getting there franchise rights taken away from them by BMW Australia for having appaling customer service which to me is no suprise at all I really want to congratulate BMW Australia for finally realising that Alto was giving them a bad reptutation, its a bit late but as they say better late then never.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 02:17 AM   #69
BBQWER
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 325i

BMW artarmon is alright, its not that bad. i went there 3 months ago, and looking for e93 325i. im just 21 and looks like no money at my pocket , then 1 salesguy approach me. and ask me, what i need!!!

i told him, i want e93. the most annoying question i hate from salesguy is, " can you make decision today " , i hate this shit question. he quote me 110k, i was like WTF. then i went on testdrive, and close the deal for 105k at the same day.
after the deal, that salesguy behave nicely and polite. i think they all just like that
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 02:19 AM   #70
BBQWER
Banned
Rep

I have bad experience with BMW Canterburry, sales guy name Michael.
he is so arrogant, and telling bullshit all the time. he told me, i cant get the car with 105k, and he offer 108k. he said this is best price i can get, and no one cant beat his price.

in the fact, i got cheaper price. shame on him. BMW canterburry sucks
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 03:09 AM   #71
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
I thought i would bring back an old thread by telling people that there is some great news for people who live near Chatswood and prefer to go to ALTO BMW Artarmon. Alto BMW Artarmon are getting there franchise rights taken away from them by BMW Australia for having appaling customer service which to me is no suprise at all I really want to congratulate BMW Australia for finally realising that Alto was giving them a bad reptutation, its a bit late but as they say better late then never.
Has nothing to do with customer service and there won't be a final decision made until October. There is a slight chance Alto may keep the franchise, but expect BMW to open their own mega showroom in the north somewhere. Most of the service advisors and tech staff should jump ship to the new dealership if thats the way it goes.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 04:30 AM   #72
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Has nothing to do with customer service and there won't be a final decision made until October. There is a slight chance Alto may keep the franchise, but expect BMW to open their own mega showroom in the north somewhere. Most of the service advisors and tech staff should jump ship to the new dealership if thats the way it goes.
Actually it does I found out from the manager of Sydney BMW which is run by BMW Australia and he told me about why they were ending ALTO's franchise contract. He said that they were receiving shocking customer feedback and what that means is poor customer service. I myself have bought a X3 from them and look what they did, they made me hate them for being arrogant pricks.

That slight chance of them keeping there franchise will definately be getting slimmer because yesterday i received a call by Alto BMW for a survey. Well i gave them 1 to 2 stars out of 5 for everything. You may ask whats my problem with ALTO well its the fact that one of there sales reps and his colleagues really did a great job of pissing me off instead of providing great service like the one i received at Sydney BMW. All it takes is one to two people to ruin the reputation of a business entity.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #73
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Fair one, its not the definitive reason I've heard from 3 different sources (1 outside BMW and from 2 seperate dealers) but it sounds like they have a number of issues that have contributed to it. They also have the longest leasing contract with BMW as well. Will be a shame though for all the staff there who are trainied specifically for BMW's.

I suppose it's horses for courses, I've never had anything but great experiences at Pennant Hills and the service advisor up there John Kelly is the best around, although I agree totally with everything you've said about Artarmon they are shockingly bad.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #74
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
don't you learn chris?

it is probably something do to with age, in most cases

maybee i'll go back when the ownership has changed over
      09-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #75
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Fair one, its not the definitive reason I've heard from 3 different sources (1 outside BMW and from 2 seperate dealers) but it sounds like they have a number of issues that have contributed to it. They also have the longest leasing contract with BMW as well. Will be a shame though for all the staff there who are trainied specifically for BMW's.

I suppose it's horses for courses, I've never had anything but great experiences at Pennant Hills and the service advisor up there John Kelly is the best around, although I agree totally with everything you've said about Artarmon they are shockingly bad.
Well what i was told was that BMW Australia will take over the dealership so i think that the service department might stay the same but SALES will go bye bye. The other mega showroom your talking about before is again going to be on Pacific hwy but located where the old Demir leather furniture's position was, 100m from the toyota dealership. This again will be run by BMW Aus so i expect everything to go well after BMW Aus takes over Artarmon area next year.

Last edited by Chris.G; 09-02-2007 at 03:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #76
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
don't you learn chris?

it is probably something do to with age, in most cases

maybee i'll go back when the ownership has changed over
If it was they didn't make it obvious, it was more so about getting certain facts about the car right while they got it wrong. Oh and an economic lecture about demand and supply I told them i do Bach of Business at UTS and i should be lecturing them if anything. Anyway what they should have done is do there job and provide service instead of being pricks.

Last edited by Chris.G; 09-02-2007 at 03:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:11 AM   #77
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If it was they didn't make it obvious, it was more so about getting certain facts about the car right while they got it wrong. Oh and an economic lecture about demand and supply I told them i do Bach of Business at UTS and i should be lecturing them if anything. Anyway what they should have done is do there job and provide service instead of pricks.
hahaha you know what's funny? i know a few of the sales people read this forum (cos they showed me some stuff on it when i went in there last)
      09-02-2007, 03:27 AM   #78
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Which dealer?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:38 AM   #79
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
alto artarmon
      09-02-2007, 04:38 AM   #80
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
alto artarmon
Well we know whats happening to them now
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 05:01 AM   #81
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Well what i was told was that BMW Australia will take over the dealership so i think that the service department might stay the same but SALES will go bye bye. The other mega showroom your talking about before is again going to be on Pacific hwy but located where the old Demir leather furniture's position was, 100m from the toyota dealership. This again will be run by BMW Aus so i expect everything to go well after BMW Aus takes over Artarmon area next year.
I had a chat to the panel shop manager when I collected my car the other day. According to him the only BMW thing that will remain at artamon will be the panel shop. Everything else will be rebranded.

Given the thoughts that a BMW Aust dealership will open at Chatswood that makes sence to me.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #82
Husky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 Touring

All I can say to BMW Australia is congratulations on acting against the Alto group. We will never deal with the Alto group because of our past experiences no matter what dealership or brand of vehicle they sell (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=17 & http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=22 ).

In Alto’s case it’s a systemic cultural problem within the organisation. I proved beyond any doubt to the Alto CEO that one of his dealership managers had lied to us and then lied to him in an attempt to cover up his actions. All we got was a refunded deposit. I said he now had proof and a rare insight into the culture within his organisation, he explained that he would take action to ensure that it never happened again to another customer. Looks like he forgot to send the memo out on that one! The dealership manager is still there along with the sales person he used to try and cover up and support his lies.

My advice for what its worth is find a good dealership like we did at Worthington BMW ( http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=42 ) and then support them both with your business and referrals. This is the best way to effect change as your money and that of your friends goes to a good dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 05:17 AM   #83
daninsyd
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

i went to BMW Artarmon too, first but the guy never rang back about a 335i. So later i took my car in there and the same guys served me... he was like " why didn't you by from us" ... i said "you didn't call me back".... i pretended to look for others cars and then left....

oh and bought from Col Crawford in Brookvale, the salesman's name was David... he was really good and not pushy.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 06:55 AM   #84
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
All I can say to BMW Australia is congratulations on acting against the Alto group... lied to us and then lied to him in an attempt to cover up his actions. All we got was a refunded deposit... cover up and support his lies...
i remeber reading about this a while ago...

seems like everyone has a story to tell about them, some worse then others unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninsyd View Post
i went to BMW Artarmon too, first but the guy never rang back about a 335i. So later i took my car in there and the same guys served me... he was like " why didn't you by from us" ... i said "you didn't call me back".... i pretended to look for others cars and then left....
haha, i did something similar after i bought my car
      09-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #85
eml
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe, F48 X1 xDr25i

NSW dealers have been informed by bmw aust that alto is indeed winding down its dealerships; end of nov IIRC
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2007, 12:50 AM   #86
[SIPUT]
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: sparkling graphite 320i

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash_0 View Post
A bit of an old thread but thought I'd add Canterbury BMW (NSW) to this list. The whole buying experience from these guys was not at all pleasant. The salesman was never polite and was rather argumentative; surely this is not the way to deal with a sale. The whole delivery experience was a nightmare, the interior did not appear to be detailed, had lovely black smudge on the driver's seat. The front bumper had a scratch running down the front right hand side, (which they finally agreed to fix professionally, instead of the touch up paint). The whole process was absolutely disgraceful. I spoke to the general manager about the experience and politely told him I would not shop here again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQWER View Post
I have bad experience with BMW Canterburry, sales guy name Michael.
he is so arrogant, and telling bullshit all the time. he told me, i cant get the car with 105k, and he offer 108k. he said this is best price i can get, and no one cant beat his price.

in the fact, i got cheaper price. shame on him. BMW canterburry sucks
one more for bmw canterburry,

i ordered a set (both left and right) of headlamps back cover for my car and the guy told me that they dont have it in stock and they have to order it from germany...the order will takes around 2-3 weeks..i agreed and waited...after the parts arrived..
my mechanics said that they are completely different from the one that i had in my car..so i spoke to them again and they seemed confused

they said its the only back cover i can have for australian version e90...makes me wonder how come mine is different...the other guy (Neil) tried to helped him and order another one for me..He said something like "okay im gonna give you 5 mins of my time and sort it out for you"...such an @$$*&^e... this time i bring some pics for them to look at as refernce...they said they dont have the parts that i wanted to buy in their database and ask me the part number...clearly i have no idea of the part number because the number isnt listed on the cover...the one that they gave me (wrong parts) also dont have part number stamped on it!! then somehow they sort it out and he said "ok i'll order the right one for you"...wait for another 3 weeks....STILL GOT THE WRONG PARTS!!! wtf!...now they act like an @$$ when i complaint...

He said its partly my fault because i didnt gave them the part number...im a bit upset now and i said that i wouldnt have a clue because there are no numbers stamped on the parts...even the one that they gave me dont have any numbers on it...anyway...they agree to get another set for me..this time they asked me to bring them my original parts as a reference...which i did...

when i gave it to them...Neil wasnt there so i spoke to the parts manager (Aldo)...i told him my story and he said hes gonna pass it on to Neil as soon as possible....received email from them that the parts has been re-ordered and i wait for another 4 weeks...and guess what?? they gave me only ONE side only!!! i called Neil and tell him my story and he said "i gave you the parts that u ordered from me...u ordered one so i gave u one..." then i said "how come u said i ordered only one?if i ordered for one side only then why did u guys gave me both sides when u gave me the wrong parts?" anyway, tired of waiting, i then asked whether or not i can refund the item because i dont want to wait for another month....He said he cant give me refund then i started to get angry...i asked to speak to the manager (Aldo) and he said arrogantly "well if you wanted a refund then bring the parts to us...i'll give u back your money because i dont want to argue with someone over 20 bucks worth of parts"

doesnt he understand????? it's not about MONEY!! its about how long i've been kept waiting!!!

absolutely 5 star service from BMW canterburry!!! RECOMMENDED!!! :mad:
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2007, 03:30 AM   #87
BBQWER
Banned
Rep

OMG very sad story, I wish you can kick his ass (Aldo)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2007, 06:16 AM   #88
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 MSPORTS & BMW E34 535i

Garage List
I kick his butt for you Siput!!