E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Dont Buy From Jlevi Street Works

Closed Thread

05-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
335xiRacer77
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Dont Buy From Jlevi Street Works

I purchased painted E92 grilles from them and when i got them there is HUGE paint runs all over them. I paid $120 for them and asked for a $50 refund to get them done correctly and the guy told me he can give me $25 refund and i refused and now they wont email me back!!!! Tell your friends about them!!!

NOT THE WAY TO DO BUSINESS!!!!
      05-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

PIcs?

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi

I've ordered from them twice already, and both times, I called ahead to ask for info. Good/decent service and have been happy with their product, however, I haven't purchased anything that was painted.

+1 pics?

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
335xiRacer77
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

looks 15x worse in person
Attached Images

05-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

You went ahead and installed them. You should have just mailed em back and demanded another set of grilles.
      05-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Nothing but positive experiences from JLevi. I would not have trashed them publicly on a forum, but instead taken it up with Nick, who is part owner. JLevi has always worked with me on any issues I had, which have been few and far between, but I can vouch for Nick, who has always shown a love for his customers and a dedication to the BMW heritage. Sorry for your issues- better luck next time.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeFranco1 View Post
Nothing but positive experiences from JLevi. I would not have trashed them publicly on a forum, but instead taken it up with Nick, who is part owner. JLevi has always worked with me on any issues I had, which have been few and far between, but I can vouch for Nick, who has always shown a love for his customers and a dedication to the BMW heritage. Sorry for your issues- better luck next time.
+100000!!!!

I have met the guys that work there since I live in North Cal. Its hard for me to believe they wouldn't work with you.
      05-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
D335NUTZ
The Blue Beast
China
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi in Montego Blue

I ordered my m3 side skirts and aero lip both prepainted and they came perfect... Color matched and all. Their customer service was great. Looks like you had to gave done something dumb to have them ignore you. Need to hear both sides of the story.

Cobb AP Stage 2+ | BMS DCI | UR Catless DP | UR Chargepipe | Tial BV 50mm | BSH OCC | ETS FMIC | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | KWv1 Coilovers | Volk TE37 TC Kline Ed.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #9
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Manual Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilazn View Post
I ordered my m3 side skirts and aero lip both prepainted and they came perfect... Color matched and all. Their customer service was great. Looks like you had to gave done something dumb to have them ignore you. Need to hear both sides of the story.
agreed. I have asked Nick a lot of questions and he has always answered me very fast. i have ordered numerous things from them and they are always in great condition. i dont think you should have publicly bashed them like that but i am curious to heat the other side of the story.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 02:13 AM   #10
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xiRacer77 View Post
I purchased painted E92 grilles from them and when i got them there is HUGE paint runs all over them. I paid $120 for them and asked for a $50 refund to get them done correctly and the guy told me he can give me $25 refund and i refused and now they wont email me back!!!! Tell your friends about them!!!

NOT THE WAY TO DO BUSINESS!!!!
I am sorry to hear about this issue you have encountered with our painted product. There is no reason this should have ever passed QC and ship out to you. Customer service is our top priority and our reputation speaks for itself. We would never intentionally ignore an email from any of our customers, regardless of the issue. It could be possible that the email was never received. Perhaps it was sent to a spam folder or it could have been lost in cyberspace. Please email me directly at Bryan@JleviSW.com and I will make sure you get taken care of. If you do not hear back from me within 24hrs, please follow up with a phone call to ensure we received your email.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 02:34 AM   #11
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan@Jlevi SW View Post
I am sorry to hear about this issue you have encountered with our painted product. There is no reason this should have ever passed QC and ship out to you. Customer service is our top priority and our reputation speaks for itself. We would never intentionally ignore an email from any of our customers, regardless of the issue. It could be possible that the email was never received. Perhaps it was sent to a spam folder or it could have been lost in cyberspace. Please email me directly at Bryan@JleviSW.com and I will make sure you get taken care of. If you do not hear back from me within 24hrs, please follow up with a phone call to ensure we received your email.
cant say fairer than that!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #12
sandman0615
bimmer freak
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi 6MT

jlevisw is by far the best vendor ive dealt with for any bimmer. best prices, awesome communication, friendly and helpful people. the site is a little lame tho

||DIY: DEPO P90||
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #13
335xiRacer77
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

But the problem is that you did receive the emails i sent because i got one reply stating that i would receive a $25 discount? And upon opening the box i was so excited to install them i did not notice right away and ripped my old ones out and broke them, so yes normally i would send them back but theres no way in hell that i'm driving my car without grilles for a week because someone cant do a small paint job correctly, i asked JLevi for a $50 refund and they told me no that it would be $25 to get it redone. But how can you tell me it only costs $25 to get done when i got 2 bids for over $50 to get it re done. Maybe where your company is located its only $25, but not where i live. I sent three emails and did not hear back after i demanded a $50 refund.

SO YES, i will openly talk about my problem with JLevi because this is not right and Its no way to conduct proper business. Im glad many of you had a great experience with them but i have not so i can only post about my experience. If JLevi wants to make this right they can give me the refund i asked for or ship me a new set at no cost and i will ship back the old ones when i get the new ones in the mail. Simple as that.

I own my own business and i know i would do everything i can to keep my Name in tact and customers happy. Even if it means taking a loss on a transaction to keep someones future business.

Thanks
      05-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #14
D335NUTZ
The Blue Beast
China
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi in Montego Blue

Quote:
But the problem is that you did receive the emails i sent because i got one reply stating that i would receive a $25 discount? And upon opening the box i was so excited to install them i did not notice right away and ripped my old ones out and broke them, so yes normally i would send them back but theres no way in hell that i'm driving my car without grilles for a week because someone cant do a small paint job correctly, i asked JLevi for a $50 refund and they told me no that it would be $25 to get it redone. But how can you tell me it only costs $25 to get done when i got 2 bids for over $50 to get it re done. Maybe where your company is located its only $25, but not where i live. I sent three emails and did not hear back after i demanded a $50 refund.

SO YES, i will openly talk about my problem with JLevi because this is not right and Its no way to conduct proper business. Im glad many of you had a great experience with them but i have not so i can only post about my experience. If JLevi wants to make this right they can give me the refund i asked for or ship me a new set at no cost and i will ship back the old ones when i get the new ones in the mail. Simple as that.

I own my own business and i know i would do everything i can to keep my Name in tact and customers happy. Even if it means taking a loss on a transaction to keep someones future business.

Thanks
Sounds like your problem. Not theirs...

Cobb AP Stage 2+ | BMS DCI | UR Catless DP | UR Chargepipe | Tial BV 50mm | BSH OCC | ETS FMIC | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | KWv1 Coilovers | Volk TE37 TC Kline Ed.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #15
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

I emailed you Thursday and said that I was out of town on business, but had informed my Operations department to issue you a $50 refund, and if you did not receive it by the end of the day Friday to contact me (Mike) directly. Haven't heard from you, so I assumed that you received your refund. Apparently not. Please contact us so we can right this situation.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #16
335xiRacer77
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

No email on thursday, never was told you were out of town, only had one email from your company and it stated that i needed to ship them back and i told you i couldnt because then i wouldnt have grills for a week or so and then you offered $25.00. I was not happy with that so i emailed 3 more times and never heard back, so in fact you are incorrect..

And how is this my problem again?
      05-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #17
Mpower77i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilazn View Post
Sounds like your problem. Not theirs...
Care to explain why?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Quote:

And how is this my problem again?
Quote:

Thanks

I was extatic when i saw my H&R box arrive last year with my coils. but that doesn't mean i ripped out my suspension just like that. And when my LUX came a couple of weeks ago i didn't smash my headlights to get them in. How bad did they break that you can't get them back in?

And not for nothing but it sounds like they're trying to make right of the situation but you just keep on complaining.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #19
sk8board511
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90-Bikes on bikes on bikes

Troll... They are an amazing company and are willing to work with you publicly on the forums and yet you still bitch and moan over what they are trying to correct with you? You sir are a douche bag. Jlevi is a great company always have been always will be.
      05-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #20
fibonacci
Fancy Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board511 View Post
Troll... They are an amazing company and are willing to work with you publicly on the forums and yet you still bitch and moan over what they are trying to correct with you? You sir are a douche bag. Jlevi is a great company always have been always will be.
+1

If these companies (all, not JVL in particular) didn't have to do BS damage control like this they could spend more time shipping/selling products, maybe even at lower prices.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #21
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG GT

I ordered the same product in BSM and it came out great...you are being refunded the cash..take it and if you feel that strongly, never do business with them again..I understand your frustration but they are meeting you half way...have a good one..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #22
Mpower77i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

The topic starter's experience is the topic starter's personal experience. No one else's. His issue seems to be in the process of being taken care of ONLY as a result of his forum complaint. That said I wouldnt have gone as far as to title a thread "dont buy from XXX"

Win win for buyer and seller in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread