E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Ski trip

01-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

Ski trip

Hi guys,
I'm doing a little homework on a resort les menuires France.
A colleague is taking his family mid April and had offered me my wife 6&4yr old to join them.

We would be driving which I'm a little dubious about as the m135i isn't a mountain goat.

Wife and I board, kids never been to the slopes, any info greatly appreciated,
Lee
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
m20b25
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

The trip would be great fun in a m135! Been up to the Three Valleys in an E39 M5 with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx a few times. No issue, roads are usually clear.

There are usually loads of things for young ones - ski lessons or otherwise.

Haven't stayed in Les Menuires but the Three Valleys are epic skiing.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 02:30 AM   #3
dobbo99
Major
Rep
Drives: E39 530 oldskool

its a great location/area, great access to all the other areas of 3valleys, and should have plenty of snow in April too. its the cheapest (IMO) of the various resorts in the 3valley region.
its not the prettiest resort, but its effective in terms of location, and there will be loads for the kids to do snow wise as well.

driving is fairly easy, roads are good and usually well cleared. Its a bit of a trek from Calais, but the motorway system is fair more relaxing experience than in UK!

as you and wife are already seasoned, you know what your doing when you get to the resort, my suggestion for the kids would be to take them to an artificial slope a couple of times before you go, if they can ski on that then doing it on the real stuff is a doddle and they'll feel a bit more confident when they get there.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 05:14 AM   #4
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
I'm not long back from Val D'isere. I may take the car next time as I saw more BMW's than anything else! Even saw 2 M135i's and an E92 M3. There was a BMW ice track driving thing there too.

The roads were clear and the exception may be the last mile to the resort if there has been heavy snow over night. The drive looked like it would be great fun if I wasn't on a coach! In April it should be a great drive especially with longer daytime. It is a long drive though, I'd definitely get the early ferry.
Appreciate 0