E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MHD N55 E-Series - general discussion

02-18-2018, 07:23 AM   #4797
Fatcat123
Rep
Drives: 12' 335i

[quote=Twisted Tuning;22794207]lets not confuse what you're paying for. You're paying more for flashing the N55 because the DME's found in these cars are MORE complex and Protocols and security are more robust. You're not paying for burble. And the DME in the N54 doe's not hold a candle to the DME in the N55.

And even still, with MHD you get more for your money than any other solution to date. And thats without all the extra features thats planned. To put it in perspective, people were paying $600-$800 for Cobb that had an 1/8th of stuff we currently have on MHD. and we arent even done yet. I really personally don't think Cost should even be brought up in this thread or anything to do with MHD. Comparing to Cobb, MHD should be like $1000 bucks. Just saying.

I get that- but newer cars will always be more complex regardless. I don't have a 03/2012 so I don't need to unlock the DME but for some of us that have 03/2012 and up we still have to pay 500-600 $ US to get the DME unlocked on top of mhd flash tune so it still ends up being that much for a good chunk of the owners still (and I know it's BMW's choice).

I'm not trying to knock you guys, but it would be much appreciated if you could add that burble tune slider if it's not supported already. It's just one addition that makes it worth it to me as a customer. It's great you listen to your customers too, I hope for more updates, Oh and by the way I have $250 if you guys want it
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #4798
Tomjrau
Registered
Rep
Drives: M235i

Need help diagnosing slow turbo spool. Recently bought 335i xDrive 6MT, currently has 60,000 miles. Bought and installed mhdn55 to help improve and possibly diagnose issues. See data log below. Only modifications I'm aware of is charge pipe. Recently changed pressure converter and spark plugs with Bosch oem with stock gap. These made small improvements but you can see a long delay before boost really kicks in, load requested vs load actual is off. No active DME codes. Currently living in Mile high city. Not sure if that makes a difference.

https://datazap.me/u/tomjrau/stage-1...12-19-26-27-31
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #4799
rich_mane
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomjrau View Post
Need help diagnosing slow turbo spool. Recently bought 335i xDrive 6MT, currently has 60,000 miles. Bought and installed mhdn55 to help improve and possibly diagnose issues. See data log below. Only modifications I'm aware of is charge pipe. Recently changed pressure converter and spark plugs with Bosch oem with stock gap. These made small improvements but you can see a long delay before boost really kicks in, load requested vs load actual is off. No active DME codes. Currently living in Mile high city. Not sure if that makes a difference.

https://datazap.me/u/tomjrau/stage-1...12-19-26-27-31
Checked all the vacuum lines? Maybe the one going to the wastegate? Could be pinched or leaking somewhere along
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 06:38 PM   #4800
CurtisP87
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatcat123 View Post
I'm not trying to knock you guys, but it would be much appreciated if you could add that burble tune slider if it's not supported already. It's just one addition that makes it worth it to me as a customer. It's great you listen to your customers too, I hope for more updates, Oh and by the way I have $250 if you guys want it
There's a handful of people running a custom tune right now, as we speak, testing the burble intensity changes...Wouldn't you like any updates for the OTS tunes to be fully tested and fleshed out before they're pushed to market? Or would you rather have the tuners just half-ass them and shove them onto us without proper testing?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #4801
Fatcat123
Rep
Drives: 12' 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisP87 View Post
There's a handful of people running a custom tune right now, as we speak, testing the burble intensity changes...Wouldn't you like any updates for the OTS tunes to be fully tested and fleshed out before they're pushed to market? Or would you rather have the tuners just half-ass them and shove them onto us without proper testing?
Bro- the n55's been out since 2010 - don't you think 7 or 8 years is long-enough of a wait? How long does it need to take to have a slider in an app dude that's all I am asking for. Is it too much to ask? BTW that's why I said I'm waiting for updates because I know that they are testing. (maybe I'm just impatient idk)

MHD Devs.- I know you can do it ! Please give us that option it would mean a lot.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 08:00 PM   #4802
FireBlaze
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 335i 6MT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatcat123 View Post
Bro- the n55's been out since 2010 - don't you think 7 or 8 years is long-enough of a wait? How long does it need to take to have a slider in an app dude that's all I am asking for. Is it too much to ask? BTW that's why I said I'm waiting for updates because I know that they are testing. (maybe I'm just impatient idk)

MHD Devs.- I know you can do it ! Please give us that option it would mean a lot.
What are you talking about? MHD for N55 was only released just over a year ago. Burble is confirmed to be coming soon. Relax.
      02-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #4803
Boo$ted_in_ri
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Waaaaaay to many people butt hurt over this burble stuff, and If your complaining about price then bmw isnít for you plain and simple. Iíd rather have the maps updated with solid testing than have my car make a pop and crack noise.
Appreciate 4
      02-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #4804
Tomjrau
Registered
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_mane View Post
Checked all the vacuum lines? Maybe the one going to the wastegate? Could be pinched or leaking somewhere along
Thanks for the tip. Went back in there today and noticed one of the hoses holding vacuum to the wastegate or pressure converter (as realoem calls it) is collapsed under the negative pressure. It appears that last owner used a soft flimsy hose that canít handle the vacuum. Iíll replace that and see if thereís a difference.

Also, started getting intermittent DME code 29D0 - Intake air temperature sensor, electrical: Short circuit to B+. Not sure if this would cause the problem either. But itís something to work with and Ill change out both on intake manifold and charge pipe.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #4805
Twisted Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomjrau View Post
Thanks for the tip. Went back in there today and noticed one of the hoses holding vacuum to the wastegate or pressure converter (as realoem calls it) is collapsed under the negative pressure. It appears that last owner used a soft flimsy hose that canít handle the vacuum. Iíll replace that and see if thereís a difference.

Also, started getting intermittent DME code 29D0 - Intake air temperature sensor, electrical: Short circuit to B+. Not sure if this would cause the problem either. But itís something to work with and Ill change out both on intake manifold and charge pipe.

Would n't replace them just yet. Have a look at the plugs ad harness make sure they are clean and undamaged then plug them back in ad see if it comes back. Look for any signs of moisture or oxidation on the pins
www.twistedtuning.com
www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
twistedtuned@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 09:30 AM   #4806
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Had a weird occurrence a few days ago that brought up a couple of questions that some of you guys might be able to answer for me. I was merging on the freeway and rolled into the throttle in 2nd gear and had a spectacular misfire crack upon full boost, which continued until I turned the car off and back on again. Car has been running fine since, and I have done a few hard pulls with no misfiring. Could this have been a bit of bad gas? It was also very cold out (the engine was plenty warm), could the air have been too dense and made for a weird AFR mixture to cause it?

Also, while clumsily getting into my car the other day I managed to kick my bimmergeeks cable while it was plugged into the OBD2 port. While the cable stayed in the port and nothing looks bent or broken, MHD won't read the car. I am trying to figure out if the cable is fried or the OBD2 port itself. Upon plugging the cable in it will have an orange light which goes to red, then off. Any ideas?
      02-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #4807
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapCoupe View Post
Had a weird occurrence a few days ago that brought up a couple of questions that some of you guys might be able to answer for me. I was merging on the freeway and rolled into the throttle in 2nd gear and had a spectacular misfire crack upon full boost, which continued until I turned the car off and back on again. Car has been running fine since, and I have done a few hard pulls with no misfiring. Could this have been a bit of bad gas? It was also very cold out (the engine was plenty warm), could the air have been too dense and made for a weird AFR mixture to cause it?

Also, while clumsily getting into my car the other day I managed to kick my bimmergeeks cable while it was plugged into the OBD2 port. While the cable stayed in the port and nothing looks bent or broken, MHD won't read the car. I am trying to figure out if the cable is fried or the OBD2 port itself. Upon plugging the cable in it will have an orange light which goes to red, then off. Any ideas?
To follow up, I was able to read the codes at work. Combustion misfiring in cylinder 2, 3, and 6 which enabled fuel injection deactivation for those cylinders. Could this be bad gas? maybe HPFP? Car has been running fine for the past few days.