E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Going up to Winton Raceway this Friday - anyone interested?

04-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Freefreefive
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Hi folks

I'm heading up to Winton Raceway this friday to give the car a bit of a workout. If anyone is interested in coming up either respond here or PM me.

The track opens at 10 am and you basically have 3 sessions each hour (approx 15/20 mins per session). You go on for 1 session and then off for 2 sessions. If you're thinking (as i did before i went) that's no fun - why cant i be on all day. First, because its nice to share Second, the track takes quite a toll on the car and you will need time for your brakes to cool down, give your engine a rest etc. Beside, physically you will get quite worked out - it does take it out of you.

You need to empty our car out so nothing is flying around, bring a helmet (motorbike one is ok). I got mine online for 30 bucks. Wear long sleeve top and pants and runners/shoes. No thongs or sandals - basically your body needs to be covered up.

You'll learn a lot about your car, how it handles, how fast it is (amazing how a R35 GTR can make an E36 M3 look like it's standing still - 0-100 in 5.5sec vs 3.5sec is lightyears difference)

Cost is $140 + license fee of $50 if you don't have a CAMS license.

For more information check this out:

http://www.wintonraceway.com.au/drive/test
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
DosVerde
Rep
Drives: 330i - stonechipped black

I'd love to give that a go one day. Been thinking about doing an advanced/high performance driving course first, just to sus it out and get some pointers.

Enjoy the 335 on there.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
Freefreefive
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you do. Had the m3 there last time and whilst not the fastest car on the day it was good to be able to test the limits of the car without police worries
Appreciate 0