E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > BMW iPhone 5 connector??

04-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #23
adrianrt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 530i

Garage List
What about 09 without ccc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj
So here's an update of the adapter I bought from the Apple store about a week ago. I got the prolonged adapter, not the small more sought after converter.

Anyways, works like a charm, just like the OEM Y-adapter works for the 30-pin iPhones - Got access to my playlist, etc. from the iDrive menu. AND best of yet (and a big kicker for me that worked with the 30 pin previously), the audio out plays the applications; youtube, soundcloud, etc. (audio only).

Audio sounds good! Same as before, and iPhone charges (even though charging is so slow).

Edited: I am using the Logic 7 Audio System, with the CCC Navigation iDrive system.
does anybody knows if this adapter works on the regular stereo not nav, or idrive just regular I think it's called professional but with the USB port for connecting I've tried 3rd parties but it doesn't work wondering if the apple adapter will give me acces to library and ability to control from steering wheel..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #24
Morpheus
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Titanium Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianrt View Post
does anybody knows if this adapter works on the regular stereo not nav, or idrive just regular I think it's called professional but with the USB port for connecting I've tried 3rd parties but it doesn't work wondering if the apple adapter will give me acces to library and ability to control from steering wheel..
I tried it. It's hit or miss. Plays audio fine most of the time. Everything else is spotty including displaying the song that's currently playing. I ended up swapping to a usb drive and put all of my music on that.
Appreciate 0