E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Fifth UK Meet - UK5 : S I G N....U P....N O W !

View Poll Results: Suggested dates for UK5 - please tick all that you can make
Saturday 15th March 10 35.71%
Saturday 29th March 11 39.29%
Saturday 5th April 10 35.71%
Saturday 12th April 18 64.29%
Saturday 19th April 16 57.14%
Saturday 26th April 23 82.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

01-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #111
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
vivekk Quote:
As such, I think we could discuss the plan over a drink & a meal, in preparation for UK6.
Viv
You got a date and time in mind Viv,we could all pop along.

Actually thinking about it, that could be UK6.

Ok,yeah I know..........................coat................ ...gone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #112
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
You got a date and time in mind Viv,we could all pop along.

Actually thinking about it, that could be UK6.

Ok,yeah I know..........................coat................ ...gone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Viv

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #113
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
Well seeing as UK 5 is looking to be at the END OF APRIL, anyone fancy a get together a bit BEFORE then ?

i.e. mid feb ?

SJ
      01-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #114
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
I've read this three times now Floyd and I still don't understand it....

On that basis I think we are on to a winner ..
OK, bear with me a bit (this could get long winded...or not).

A course is set with checkpoints; I'm thinking having them at pubs at which is hidden in plain sight a "treasure" along with a synchronized clock. At the start each team is given a card with a description of a "treasure" and a time allotment in which to find and photograph the treasure and clock. Each team's time starts when they leave the starting line and teams are staggered at five minute intervals.

A team arrives at a checkpoint, finds the treasure based on the description, photographs said treasure with the clock, takes one of the cards there and leaves for the next checkpoint. Like the first card, there is a description of the treasure and a new time allotment. The team proceeds from checkpoint to checkpoint finding and photographing each treasure and clock.

Associated with each checkpoint is an undisclosed target window. Teams are awarded penalty points for arriving outside of this target window; more points awarded for arriving early. The time of arrival is defined as the time on the clock that is photographed. Since the teams won't know the actual time on the clock when they left the starting line they're not likely to dally. They also get penalty points for photographing the wrong treasure.

Each team member drives the course or, in the case of two courses, one each, arriving back at the starting point and changing cars between them. This allows full participation of both members.

This isn't a race where the first one back wins. At the end, all photographic evidence is shown to the marshalls who then tabulate the times and award the penalty points. The team with the fewest penalty points wins. Actual speed through the course is only involved as the tie-breaker.

If a team can photograph an E9x during the course of their laps they are awarded bonus points taken off their penalty scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
A great idea Floyd, but I think that it is far beyond our collective organisational capabilities for a meet. Let's face it, until Viv puts his foot down we can't usually sort out a date!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post

I think Floyd's idea is a good one, albeit somewhat 'beyond' our current practical capabilities.

As such, I think we could discuss the plan over a drink & a meal, in preparation for UK6.

Viv
I'll admit it's rather ambitious and does require a bit more organizing than a simple "meet, eat, hit the street, and retreat" type. But I think if we could get a couple of members to discuss this together (e-mail) and possibly take a trip down early, it can be set up. Either a simple treasure hunt or the rally would require prior arrangements. What I think the most difficult aspect will be is getting pub owners to agree to being involved. Maybe give them a banner saying, "Proud sponsor of the 2008 E90POST.com Rally".
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #115
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:

I think Floyd's idea is a good one, albeit somewhat 'beyond' our current practical capabilities.

Viv
I think it will make more sense after a LOT of drinks
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 02:35 AM   #116
Evil Diesel
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serjames View Post
Well seeing as UK 5 is looking to be at the END OF APRIL, anyone fancy a get together a bit BEFORE then ?

i.e. mid feb ?

SJ
Trackday??????
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 04:16 AM   #117
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
I need quite a bit of notice to do anything, can some one organise something soon pretty please darlings?
      01-21-2008, 04:17 AM   #118
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Looks like it will be Sat 26th April Carlos!
      01-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #119
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
I think it will make more sense after a LOT of drinks
After a LOT of drinks, I'd be thinking of holding UK6 inside an Audi dealership, just for the sheer hell of it.

After a few more, I can see myself saying the likes of 'Carlos....you're great.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
Looks like it will be Sat 26th April Carlos!
Looks like it, Paul.

As for organising a 'Wacky Races' style meet, it will require a few individuals to head down to the venue a day or two beforehand, in order to produce the dodgy maps.

I think Tony & James will be 'up for it' as will I.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #120
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Looks like we're going to settle on Saturday 26th April as the date for the meet. Over 85% of voters can make that date and we want as many people as possible to make it the biggest and best meet ever!!

Now we can start to decide the plan for the day!!!

Meet at Noon?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #121
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty View Post
Looks like we're going to settle on Saturday 26th April as the date for the meet. Over 85% of voters can make that date and we want as many people as possible to make it the biggest and best meet ever!!

Now we can start to decide the plan for the day!!!

Meet at Noon?
Start at 11 AM. Of course, Paul, this means you'd lose an hour of much needed beauty sleep.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #122
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
Start at 11 AM. Of course, Paul, this means you'd lose an hour of much needed beauty sleep.
He'd better tuck himself in about now then, shouldn't he?

Viv

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #123
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
He'd better tuck himself in about now then, shouldn't he?

Viv
Nope, too late.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #124
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Wink UK5: Time to put my foot down!

As time is dragging on, I've decided to put my foot down, as I usually do in these cases. You'll be pleased to know that I have actually bothered to look at the current poll results.

As such, I hereby declare that UK5: The Fifth UK Meet will be held over the week-end of Saturday April 26th - Sunday April 27th.

Sorry to those unable to make that week-end, especially Floyd (any possible chance of you making it ?)

Speaking to a few different members, I think having a 'UK5 Treasure Hunt' will be quite entertaining for everyone involved.
Including a detailing session over the week-end would also attract a number of members, who would otherwise perhaps not bother coming.

Scott (scottc) is happy to sort out the detailing part of the meet & we could hopefully arrange for a group buy of some form of detailing material / kit for the meet.
We need to know how many members are interested in this, however.

Our resident Champagne supplier, Tony (E92Fan), is happy to be involved in organising accommodation, sorting out a nice venue for a meal & a drink, and perhaps anything else I can't be pestered to do myself.

We're happy to sort out the 'Treasure Trail' on the day before the meet & would be glad to meet up with anyone else who fancies coming up to the location on the Friday.

Regarding the location, one idea is Buxton in the Peak District- good roads, beautiful scenery & nice food & drink- a good combination for any UK meet.

One method of improving turnout, is to set a deposit for the accommodation, food & drink- perhaps around the £20 mark. The Tony Restaurant Corporation is quite happy to invest your cash for a short period of time, should you wish to take part.

Also, if Oli, SiBurt & Carlos all agree to work as a team in the treasure hunt & agree to be videoed doing so, Tony & I will be quite happy to contribute to your meet accommodation.

So, as Steve would say, 'talk to me'.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #125
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:

As time is dragging on, I've decided to put my foot down, as I usually do in these cases. You'll be pleased to know that I have actually bothered to look at the current poll results.

As such, I hereby declare that UK5: The Fifth UK Meet will be held over the week-end of Saturday April 26th - Sunday April 27th.
Good!

Quote:
Sorry to those unable to make that week-end, especially Floyd (any possible chance of you making it ?)
C'mon, you know you want to

Quote:
Speaking to a few different members, I think having a 'UK5 Treasure Hunt' will be quite entertaining for everyone involved.
Including a detailing session over the week-end would also attract a number of members, who would otherwise perhaps not bother coming.

Scott (scottc) is happy to sort out the detailing part of the meet & we could hopefully arrange for a group buy of some form of detailing material / kit for the meet.
Scott - I'll be in touch shortly. Have a few ideas to run past you to see what you think...

Quote:
Our resident Champagne supplier, Tony (E92Fan), is happy to be involved in organising accommodation, sorting out a nice venue for a meal & a drink, and perhaps anything else I can't be pestered to do myself.

We're happy to sort out the 'Treasure Trail' on the day before the meet & would be glad to meet up with anyone else who fancies coming up to the location on the Friday.
Case of Champagne will be ready and waiting, and I promise I won't drink any before it's given out

Quote:
Regarding the location, one idea is Buxton in the Peak District- good roads, beautiful scenery & nice food & drink- a good combination for any UK meet.

One method of improving turnout, is to set a deposit for the accommodation, food & drink- perhaps around the £20 mark. The Tony Restaurant Corporation is quite happy to invest your cash for a short period of time, should you wish to take part.
The reason for the deposit is actually for the accommodation side - I'll be contacting friends in the industry to arrange a nice B&B for us to stay in, so all those who would like to stay over make yourselves known. However, I need to book these rooms in due course, so in order to get commitment from those who want to stay, a small deposit will be required. This also prevents people from signing up and saying they're coming, and pulling out at the last minute without telling anybody

Quote:
Also, if Oli, SiBurt & Carlos all agree to work as a team in the treasure hunt & agree to be videoed doing so, Tony & I will be quite happy to contribute to your meet accommodation.
Absobloodylutely!!!

So, as Steve would say, 'talk to me' !!

Last edited by E92Fan; 01-23-2008 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #126
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

bollocks!!

Genuine VW T5 California Rental
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #127
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'm likely to attend. I was going to go home to see my family for my birthday that day but I just have got to set my priorities straight. That's the reason I didn't have the date selected and the poll won't let me change my selection.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 04:53 PM   #128
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
I'm likely to attend. I was going to go home to see my family for my birthday that day but I just have got to set my priorities straight. That's the reason I didn't have the date selected and the poll won't let me change my selection.
We'll just have to help you celebrate your birthday then, Floyd!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #129
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
i cant wait.
      01-24-2008, 01:17 AM   #130
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
i cant wait.
What, to share a car with me and Si - youre the one that called it a hearse....how tall are you so I can make the coffin??

Genuine VW T5 California Rental
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 01:33 AM   #131
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Do I have to wash my car before the meet?
      01-24-2008, 03:46 AM   #132
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:

So, as Steve would say, 'talk to me'.

All the best.

Viv

The roads around buxton and macclesfield are some of the best in the uk, and for all you single lads the ladies are a bit loose up in them there hills wooohooo! one downer is that i dont know of any strip clubs in buxton

Steve.
Closed Thread