E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > World Premier in Fall: BMW 3-series Coupe/Cabrio Edition Exclusive & M Sport Edition

07-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Exclamation World Premier in Fall: BMW 3-series Coupe/Cabrio Edition Exclusive & M Sport Edition

BIMMERPOST NEWS
World Premier in Fall: BMW 3-series Coupe/Cabrio Edition Exclusive & M Sport Edition
COMMENTS
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 41070
Size:  81.9 KB

From autumn 2011, the BMW 3 Series Coupé and BMW 3 Series Convertible will be available in Edition Exclusive and M Sport Edition guises. Precisely coordinated design features and equipment options offer customers the chance to add striking emphasis to either the sophisticated or the dynamic side of their car’s character. A BMW Individual hardtop in contrasting paint finish is available for the first time for the BMW 3 Series Convertible. And the BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Edition Touring will also be available in Exclusive and Lifestyle special editions.

Edition Exclusive Model Highlights:
  • 18-inch V-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in Space Grey
  • Exclusive exterior paint shade Mineral Grey (or any one of the other color variants offered as standard or as an option)
  • Exterior mirror caps in Oxide Silver
  • Dakota leather can be ordered in the exclusive Pearl Grey with grey contrast stitching, or in Black with white contrast stitching.
  • Floor mats with color coordinated piping
  • Interior trim strips in Bamboo Grain Anthracite
  • Chrome door sill strips with “Edition” lettering

M Sport Edition Model Highlights:
  • Exclusive Silverstone paint finish (from the BMW M3)
  • 18" Ferric Grey light-alloy wheels in double-spoke design
  • BMW Individual High Gloss Shadow Line window recess finishers
  • Black-painted exterior mirrors
  • Rear apron with integrated sports diffuser painted in body color
  • M rear spoiler as an option.
  • Sports seats with M detailing, an M Sport steering wheel, stainless steel pedals and an M aluminium driver’s footrest
  • Dakota leather seat covers with blue contrast stitching and special “M” piping
  • Model-specific interior strips in Aluminium Glacier Silver dark
  • Floor mats with blue piping set the seal on the M Sport Edition package

Contrasting Hardtop Color Option for E93 Convertible:
  • Folding roof available in contrasting Black or Titanium Silver metallic and can be combined with a total of 15 different body paint finishes
  • Can also be specified in conjunction with the M Sport package and for the BMW M3 Convertible.

New RTTI:
  • the new Real-Time Traffic Information (RTTI) function from BMW ConnectedDrive delivers a whole new level of reliability and precision when it comes to identifying, conveying and utilising the car’s current traffic situation. The result is a faster and more effective calculation of routes and, if necessary, diversions.

PRESS RELEASE + Expand

The BMW model range from autumn 2011.
The BMW 3 Series range: More individuality, more innovation.

Dynamic driving properties, innovative equipment features and a design exuding sporting capability and elegance in equal measure have defined the BMW 3 Series range since it first arrived on the scene. And now a selection of special-edition versions of the undeniably handsome BMW 3 Series Coupé and BMW 3 Series Convertible three-door models and BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Edition Touring are poised to shine an even brighter spotlight on its undoubted qualities. These high-quality options are carefully coordinated and provide attractive flourishes for the body design and interior. Bespoke upholstery materials with matching interior trim team up with exclusive exterior paint finishes and light-alloy wheels to give the special-edition models an exclusive and individual allure. All variants come with chromed bars for the hallmark BMW kidney grille and chrome door
sill strips with “Edition” lettering.

The new BMW Individual hardtop in contrasting paint finish available for the BMW 3 Series Convertible will appeal to customers seeking an even greater degree of individualisation. Two different roof shades and an array of body paint finishes open the door to myriad colour combinations. And customers can also look forward to a range of intriguing packages to complement the BMW infotainment portfolio. From autumn 2011 the innovative traffic information system RTTI (Real-Time Traffic Information) will be available in cars fitted with one of the Professional navigation systems (selected markets only at launch).

Stylish elegance or heart-pounding dynamics: Edition Exclusive and M Sport Edition packages for the BMW 3 Series Coupé and BMW 3 Series Convertible.

The BMW 3 Series Coupé and BMW 3 Series Convertible will put an even more stylish foot forward in Edition Exclusive trim. A particularly eye-catching feature of this package are the 18-inch V-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in Space Grey. Customers can also select the exclusive exterior paint shade Mineral Grey as an option, or any one of the other colour variants offered as standard or as an option. Exterior mirror caps in Oxide Silver add further colour accents.

Dakota leather upholstery has a defining influence on the interior ambience. The seats can be ordered in the exclusive colour Pearl Grey with grey contrast stitching, or in Black with white contrast stitching. Floor mats with colour- coordinated piping make the perfect complement. And finally, Edition Exclusive specification also includes interior trim strips in Bamboo Grain Anthracite.

M Sport Edition adds another layer to the athletic capability of the BMW 3 Series Coupé and BMW 3 Series Convertible. M Sport suspension joins forces with other interior and exterior equipment features to inject even greater intensity into the dynamic driving experience. The exclusive Silverstone paint finish familiar from the BMW M3 and 18-inch Ferric Grey light-alloy wheels in double-spoke design lend the car’s sporting credentials visual impact.

Also playing their part in refining the car’s exclusive appearance are the BMW Individual High Gloss Shadow Line window recess finishers and the black-painted exterior mirrors. The rear apron with integrated sports diffuser painted in body colour, which further optimises the car’s aerodynamic properties, provides an additional sporting touch. The BMW 3 Series Coupé can also be specified with an M rear spoiler as an option.

Inside the car, sports seats with M detailing, an M Sport steering wheel, stainless steel pedals and an M aluminium driver’s footrest point to the exclusiveness of the Edition model. Dakota leather seat covers with blue contrast stitching and special “M” piping are also included. Model-specific interior strips in Aluminium Glacier Silver dark and floor mats with
blue piping set the seal on the M Sport Edition package.

Attractive combinations: BMW Individual hardtop in contrasting paint finish for the BMW 3 Series Convertible.

The new hardtop in contrasting paint finish for the BMW 3 Series Convertible represents a particularly striking personalisation option. The folding steel
roof is available in contrasting Black or Titanium Silver metallic and can be combined with a total of 15 different body paint finishes to generate an attractive interplay of colours when the roof is closed. The contrasting hardtop can also be specified in conjunction with the M Sport package and for the BMW M3 Convertible.

Special edition packages also available for the BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Edition Touring.

The Exclusive and Lifestyle special edition packages for the BMW 3 Series Touring can now also be specified for the BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Edition. The sole difference between this CO2 champion and its Touring siblings are its light-alloy wheels, which come in 16-inch format. BMW offers customers the wheels in two alternative designs to the standard-fit items.

Keeping up to speed: new infotainment packages and Real-Time Traffic Information (RTTI).

The new navigation and infotainment packages for the BMW 1 Series and BMW 3 Series are much clearer and logically put together. In addition to the familiar system components, the Professional and Business navigation systems also offer voice control and a USB audio interface. The mobile phone preparation with Bluetooth interface can be specified not only with the Professional and Business navigation packages, but also in conjunction with the Radio Professional.

BMW is set to offer the latest traffic information technology in cars fitted with one of the Professional systems. Available from autumn 2011, the new Real-Time Traffic Information (RTTI) function from BMW ConnectedDrive delivers a whole new level of reliability and precision when it comes to identifying, conveying and utilising the car’s current traffic situation. The result is a faster and more effective calculation of routes and, if necessary, diversions. RTTI will be available to customers as an extension of their BMW ConnectedDrive contract.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 41070
Size:  81.9 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 40586
Size:  140.5 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 40934
Size:  132.0 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 42565
Size:  150.6 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 40261
Size:  145.3 KB

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

There goes the prestige of Silverstone...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

nice little details.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Dickson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m3 | ZCP | mineral white

Wow that contrasting hard top color looks fucking terrible.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

that blue piping on the M seats would look sic w blue exterior ... is pricing still the same as usual M-sport pkg???
      07-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
jocamryn
Major
Rep
Drives: '23X4 M40i/'24 X2(In Transit)

This IS available for BMW-NA right?! Or is this some more offerings for everyone else!?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54

I bet it's the usual too much $ for not enough upgrade pricing.

No thanks on the two-tone unless the top is black.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #8
and 1
winter mode
Italy
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [7.50]
blue contract on the interior looks awesome...silver vert top not so much

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

eh
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #10
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

With all of these press releases today for MY2012 changes, I'm crossing my fingers we'll see something about next year's M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipit View Post
Yeah right

what i mean was it sounds like as of the fall when you order an M-sport they make it seem like this is the "new and improved" version ... not an entirely different package
      07-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #12
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Black hardtop might not be all that bad...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #13
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

Funny how there's a scramble to make the old new just before the F-series is about to come out. From M3 special additions to this... it all seems haphazard and tacky.

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
fluidkaos
I wanna go fast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a madman.

Garage List
2010 E92 335i  [9.31]
Not impressed.
      07-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #15
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335i

Garage List
meh
      07-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

More proof ///M is now a Marketing gimmick. Way to go BMW. Like the Blue lined leather, though.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #17
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

what the... the 335is is not that much different anymore
      07-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #18
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
Funny how there's a scramble to make the old new just before the F-series is about to come out. From M3 special additions to this... it all seems haphazard and tacky.
+10000
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #19
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

hmm weird how the US only now get the M-sport when its been here from release
      07-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #20
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
another plot for more sales
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #21
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Business is business and they have to do what they have to do in order to move vehicles. But it's a shame in a way that BMW has to resort to gimmicks, in that it's so not about driving. There was a time when the purists made fun of a car that had SPEC-V on the side, saying it was a "special edition" that was badges, rims, etc., all show, and no go. But BMWs that are all show, no go? I think this is a recent development, it's not a part of their heritage.

I dunno about everyone else but the 81k M3 was pretty laughable. If they had taken out the a/c, put a carbon fiber roof, removed sound-deadening materials, had 6-piston brakes and ceramic rotors, and said the car was 550 lbs. lighter, it would have been impressive. But it was nothing more than stitching, paint, rims, etc.

BMW does have to cater to their audience, what is a better example than the new F10 5 series? It doesn't drive as well as the car it replaced, but it has way more features.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #22
smellfish
No one on the corner has stagger like us
Rep
Drives: '11 AW E90

I'd be happy with a 320d stateside...