E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Surprise in APRIL, more details to come!

03-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #89
DarkRider23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 201 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by saferisk View Post
lol, I agree!

The wheels are Breyton GTSR-M, I'm pretty happy with the look cause I only went off a picture from the internet before I bought these.

Btw, what are people's thoughts on leave the edge of the trunk as exposed carbon? I did this in order to for the rear to match the front CF lip but now think is it too tacky?
Don't leave it as exposed carbon. Like you said, I think it looks tacky.

Great car so far .
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #90
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

It looks tackey, but lets be real, restraint left the building a long time ago!!!!!

Over the top is ok as long as the quality is there. Over the top can be fun and thats what you looking to do.

As long as the tacky is with purpose its cool.

Love the color, but the interior should be black.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #91
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannisv View Post
Fantastic mods you are the man!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #92
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargamon View Post
It looks tackey, but lets be real, restraint left the building a long time ago!!!!!

Over the top is ok as long as the quality is there. Over the top can be fun and thats what you looking to do.

As long as the tacky is with purpose its cool.

Love the color, but the interior should be black.
lol, now you've got me worried!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #93
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Decided to do a test leaving part exposed first to see how I feel about it, if I hate it then will repaint it!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #94
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

great looking project thus far
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 06:06 AM   #95
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting View Post
great looking project thus far
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #96
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

If anyone can pull of the carbon fiber trunk edge your car could. I think if you fade the paint into the CF it will look nicer than just having a full CF edge. How does CF look on the color you are going with? I've seen the AW cars with those trunks and they are tastefully done, some other colors not so much.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #97
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
If anyone can pull of the carbon fiber trunk edge your car could. I think if you fade the paint into the CF it will look nicer than just having a full CF edge. How does CF look on the color you are going with? I've seen the AW cars with those trunks and they are tastefully done, some other colors not so much.
I like the idea of the fade as well but might still stay with the full edge as I don't want to even imagine what it'll look like if the painter screwed it up! Also it would serve to contrast againest the colour more...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #98
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
I like the idea of the fade as well but might still stay with the full edge as I don't want to even imagine what it'll look like if the painter screwed it up! Also it would serve to contrast againest the colour more...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 12:08 AM   #99
CaptainKibbles
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 MSport 328i

Garage List
subscribed.. wish i had the money to do this haha
      03-23-2010, 02:44 AM   #100
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcab1212 View Post
subscribed.. wish i had the money to do this haha
thanks! More pics tonight!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #101
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Quote:
thanks! More pics tonight!
Oh almost there! There is some fine tuning to the paint job as some parts have to be redone but the look of the car is getting there.

There was issues with the rear bar as the paint on it isn't all that smooth and the placement of the parking sensors on the front bar isn't really the same as the original but it's only a little off and given that the painter didnt have a M3 right next to him, its forgiveable! At the moment the new OEM M3 fenders are yet to go on as we'll be waiting till the performance parts are in and then install the oem fenders.

For the trainspotters out there you'll note that the oem 335i muffler is still there but the tips have been taken off as there was no way to fit the rear bar with doing so. The front headlight sprayers have also been ommited in favour of a cleaner look and this doesnt matter so much as I clean the car religiously! Lastly the roof and bonnet vents are black as are the window trims

Funnily enough, because of the oem 335i exhaust firing directly into the rear bar, I had to tow the car across town to the performance workshop as it was too risky to try to drive it there for fear of melting the rear bar!

I'm psyched about the color which turned out exactly how I wanted it! (oh and my fiancee, who went out with me to chose the color) You'll have to forgive the less than great photos as I didnt have enough time and also I only had my compact and not my DSLR! I promise I will do the car justice when its finished!

In actual fact I dont mind the exposed carbonfibre on the trunk lip as it kinda balances the car overall in conjunction with the cf front lip!

Anyways, as usual let me know your thoughts, but please be kind! Oh and nominate if you like what you see! Number plates and faces have been protected
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 07:08 AM   #102
Flagler ///M135
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue135

The only thing I don't like about your car is that it's not in my garage Nice work! I like what you did with the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #103
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan ///m325 View Post
The only thing I don't like about your car is that it's not in my garage Nice work! I like what you did with the trunk.
Wooohoooo! That comment just made my day! Thanks, definately appreaciate the support, its what spurs me on!
      03-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #104
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Oh and forgot to say that there aftermarket lights are on their way out! Soon to be replaced! I'll be picking up the e92 LCI lights this saturday!
      03-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #105
floot_roops
181st Imperial Pilot
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335xi

Quote:
Wooohoooo! That comment just made my day! Thanks, definately appreaciate the support, its what spurs me on!
I would have said that seeing these pics first thing in the morning made my day, but I'll just feel deflated in about 2 minutes when I go down to my garage and see my very plain-in-comparison car. Phenomenal looking car.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #106
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floot_roops View Post
I would have said that seeing these pics first thing in the morning made my day, but I'll just feel deflated in about 2 minutes when I go down to my garage and see my very plain-in-comparison car. Phenomenal looking car.
Thanks for the wonderful comment!
      03-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #107
lamj
Assistant (to the) Branch Manager
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335i monaco/saddle

awesome project op!!! highlight of my day is seeing new update photos on this thread =] once it's all done, will u plz post part#s,vendors,and prices (hopefully US counterparts)? im interested in incorporating some of these mods on my own ride! thankss
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #108
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Great color!!!!! Got a nice low key look to it but the nasty is there.

17 years ago I spend a few days driving a 67' MG convertable up outside Cairn's thru some nice rainforsest road's. Down to Mission beach then over into the interior a bit and some nice low mountain roads.

YOur car would be a blast to do that drive!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #109
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamj View Post
awesome project op!!! highlight of my day is seeing new update photos on this thread =] once it's all done, will u plz post part#s,vendors,and prices (hopefully US counterparts)? im interested in incorporating some of these mods on my own ride! thankss
Definately will do, it'd be a honour for me to inspire/help others as those on this forum have done for me
      03-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #110
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargamon View Post
Great color!!!!! Got a nice low key look to it but the nasty is there.

17 years ago I spend a few days driving a 67' MG convertable up outside Cairn's thru some nice rainforsest road's. Down to Mission beach then over into the interior a bit and some nice low mountain roads.

YOur car would be a blast to do that drive!

That sounds amazing! I'm planning later this year to ferry over to Tasmania to do my own little one man Targa Tasmania Although I might switch to something a bit more effective than 20" wheels! Maybe lightweight 18" with semis!