E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > In Search Of A Business Partner/Investor

11-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #111
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

i don't know why but it seems my wording makes me sound like this is going to be easy. i know it is hard and i only got part of the many things i need for the final product, i created this thread to get advice and opinions, from other people here who own business, have experiences, etc so i can take in feedback.

im still in school, studying, family, etc but i am still searching for business opportunities while im still in school. no reason for me just to finish school and wait to find what im looking for. if worst comes to worst i would have to ask my parent's/family for money. but i have a pride situation so to say that i want to make it on my own as the rest of my family did in business.

so i have an interview at CEC this sat evening, we'll see how that goes, and i have another person in NJ that owns a car shop that knows what i want to do and its what he was thinking of doing for the past 2 years but didn't know where to start. his shop is just a big rim place for now. so we'll see what i can make of that as well.

still studying, still looking for opportunities, and still thrieving to be a sucess
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #112
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Crutch 325i View Post
Which is why I gave up and walked away from this thread before.

But it stayed entertaining...
Yea, It's just getting repetitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90 View Post
no offense... but there's no getting upset about this... and i agree with DasBlitz...

You have a plan and everythign laid out... great. But, in the real world, it'll be pretty hard getting endorsement if you don't have any type of business plan.
i.e. projected profit, etc.
You have a prelimary outline... hire people, get cars, advertise... but if it's that simple, what's stopping the rest of the world from doing the same thing? Let alone, the people who have the relevant experience, etc.?

All in all, like i said before, good luck w/ your endeavors. If you're able to start up immediately (and someone actually decides to pour approx. $1,000,000 into your plan), all i have to say then is, congrats/wow.
+1, With the economy the way it is and how bad it will be getting this thread just proves its another rich kid who doesnt know whats really happening.

Although I am sure he does making 100k on ebay and all.
      11-12-2007, 02:20 PM   #113
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Yea, It's just getting repetitive.

+1, With the economy the way it is and how bad it will be getting this thread just proves its another rich kid who doesnt know whats really happening.

Although I am sure he does making 100k on ebay and all.
wow there you go again. another rich kid who doesn't know whats really happening in the economy. what do you mean by that? a car tuning business is based on economy, yes, but where has the tuning epidemic gone? it is steadily increasing. tuning cars is making a bold statement this generation and is forever growing in popularity. so right now the market for a tuning shop is very good. not at the start but once reputable your in the real business.

instead of trying to figure out how i made 100k on ebay why don't you try it. its the easiest way to make an extra paycheck only now days you need to be alot more careful on wording.

once again all you have said to be were negatives no encouragement or anything. not even a but gl with everything. really shows what kind of character you are. but like i said i don't care about what you say at all. thanks for the support though
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #114
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
wow there you go again. another rich kid who doesn't know whats really happening in the economy. what do you mean by that? a car tuning business is based on economy, yes, but where has the tuning epidemic gone? it is steadily increasing. tuning cars is making a bold statement this generation and is forever growing in popularity. so right now the market for a tuning shop is very good. not at the start but once reputable your in the real business.

instead of trying to figure out how i made 100k on ebay why don't you try it. its the easiest way to make an extra paycheck only now days you need to be alot more careful on wording.

once again all you have said to be were negatives no encouragement or anything. not even a but gl with everything. really shows what kind of character you are. but like i said i don't care about what you say at all. thanks for the support though
What kind of character I have? because I wont sugar coat anything? I am sorry grow the fuck up.

Just cus I wont be a chump and say to some kid who has never had to work hard that he can make a business that needs more than 100k to start. WTF yea right.

100k is easy on ebay? Again everyone would be doing it. And again you wont fess up and show some proof. You say you dont care if I believe you or not. But at the same time keep saying it. So stop being a baby cus I wont say all these good things to you.
      11-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #115
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

your telling me to grow the fuck up yea ok buddy. i don't want to you baby me and give me influential words but not once have you said anything nice to me.

and your right ive never had real "hard" work. started off at a grocery store, moved up to ebay, moved up to a pizza parlor, and now im unemployed at college seeking opportunities while continueing my studies.

i don't know how many times i gotta say this. i know its not easy. the whole point of me making this thread was to get advice from others.

hey ebay was easy for me. that doesn't mean everybody would be doing. everybody got their own skills mine was making sales on ebay. the sales were so easy back in the day, list your auctions relist and manage feedback, not to mention it being all profit. everybody is different got different skills and interests. me being good on ebay doesn't mean my friend is. nobody is alike.

its like a friend going up to you and being like my online business is such an easy way to make money. why?, b.c he got the skills and tools needed to do it while to some others its alot harder. your being a bitch saying if i can do it and its so easy why isn't everyone else, b.c not everyones the same.

i keep saying i don't care i believe you or not b.c i need to respond to all your negative bs comments. im not gonna be a bitch and just take your bullshit. now you calling me a baby cause im responding to your posts?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 03:38 PM   #116
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Quote:

if you're looking for an investor, one of the main criterion in which you have to improve upon, is dealing with negative criticism ~ even if it seems to have insubordinate demeanor.

As for the tuning market, steadily increasing? no... that's where you have to do your market research. A lot more emphasis is placed on "green" transportation... what you're doing is the exact opposite; and who you're appealing to, is the very distinct, target base ~ i.e. modbugs.

DasBlitz is criticizing you on the market because, first and foremost, (in my belief), you HAVE to know how the market is doing to have some sense of knowledge of who your investors will be, etc. The subprime mortgage market is facing upwards of $10,000,000,000 in losses, and given our crap market, no one will invest in a "kid" with hopes and dreams.

You need to familiarize yourself with the concepts of business modeling.
http://www.bplans.com/spv/3218/index.cfm?affiliate=sba
this is a link to an example business plan for a Auto Repair Service Business... There's a LOT to it... i.e. financial statements, etc. You have none of that (from my last time speaking with you), and you have no idea what type of modeling to do ~ besides your hopeful wishes to have someone give you a million dollars, so you can "build, advertise, and make $"
It's not as simple as that, sorry to say.

And once again, if you're looking for investors, i advise you to turn your attitude around and look to face 99% more criticism than support~ because in the real word, that's how it works.
And as you might already knwo about the automotive services industry, competition's a bitch~ especially to a kid.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #117
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

thank you very much. see you describe it to me in a more mature nature instead of critisizing me and putting me down in a way. i know the real world is cruel i just didn't expect it from a forum like this where i just wanted advice and opinions.

you the girl. thanks for your help. must be the way you write
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #118
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thank you very much. see you describe it to me in a more mature nature instead of critisizing me and putting me down in a way. i know the real world is cruel i just didn't expect it from a forum like this where i just wanted advice and opinions.

you the girl. thanks for your help. must be the way you write
you the girl? unless this gets clarified, we're ~yay~ close to a bashfest...
the girl [in my avatar], is my girlfriend

do yourself a favor, check out the business models/plans... familiarize yourself, do a little studying, etc.

Then, look for business plan competitions (many schools host them).
My school has an annual business competition (developing business plans, etc) and the winner gets i think either 5grand or 50grand... but that's not the best part... once you get recognized, it'll be a great way to put your foot in the door ~ i.e. get sponsored...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #119
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you the girl? unless this gets clarified, we're ~yay~ close to a bashfest...
the girl [in my avatar], is my girlfriend

do yourself a favor, check out the business models/plans... familiarize yourself, do a little studying, etc.

Then, look for business plan competitions (many schools host them).
My school has an annual business competition (developing business plans, etc) and the winner gets i think either 5grand or 50grand... but that's not the best part... once you get recognized, it'll be a great way to put your foot in the door ~ i.e. get sponsored...
o shit man. my bad. i just aw the picture and thought you were her. ah please forgive on that one. thanks once again for your advice man.

what school you attending? you also majoring in business if i may ask?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #120
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
o shit man. my bad. i just aw the picture and thought you were her. ah please forgive on that one. thanks once again for your advice man.

what school you attending? you also majoring in business if i may ask?
I attend johns hopkins. Econ major, Business/entrepreneurship minor... last year in this school...

Man, i tell ya, it's tough looking for jobs and all that because the market is such crap. I have the relevant experience, etc (i want to be in the i-banking industry), but it's tough. So many layoffs, people looking for jobs, etc... man, it's not easy at all...

what are you studying in school? I remember in the beginning, you were saying something like you didn't want to waste money going to school, etc... but school isn't really to find out "what," per se, you want to do, but rather, how you'll go about doing it, etc...

Most of my buddies in the financial services industry tell me, "you learn nothing in school... we get these new analysts, and they don't know Sh!t"
So, think of it that way, and make friends/connections, and get yourself heard.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #121
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I attend johns hopkins. Econ major, Business/entrepreneurship minor... last year in this school...

Man, i tell ya, it's tough looking for jobs and all that because the market is such crap. I have the relevant experience, etc (i want to be in the i-banking industry), but it's tough. So many layoffs, people looking for jobs, etc... man, it's not easy at all...

what are you studying in school? I remember in the beginning, you were saying something like you didn't want to waste money going to school, etc... but school isn't really to find out "what," per se, you want to do, but rather, how you'll go about doing it, etc...

Most of my buddies in the financial services industry tell me, "you learn nothing in school... we get these new analysts, and they don't know Sh!t"
So, think of it that way, and make friends/connections, and get yourself heard.
thanks alot for the advice man. damn im still laughin, i always thought you were the girl in your sig haha. gl with your career man and once again thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #122
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thanks alot for the advice man. damn im still laughin, i always thought you were the girl in your sig haha. gl with your career man and once again thanks.
no worries bro... might as well get some of the main roadblocks out of the way before heading into them eventually. work at it man, don't get discouraged. if you really want it to work, in time, everything will unravel itself. as for now, get some knowledge in that noggin.
Appreciate 0