E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Bird Defense

01-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
LarrySinNJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Bird Defense

On my last car (monaco blue), I was nailed by a flying creature. It was on the passenger rear panel, so I must not have seen it for a few days. After washing it off, there was a stain remaining that looked like a watermark, except I couldn't get rid of it.

I'd like to get the proper supplies to keep in my trunk, which I can use on the spot (so to speak) should the birds play target practice with my new ride, which they invariably will.
2011 E90 328i xDrive Space Grey/Black Leather(Ret'd)
2009 E90 328i xDrive Monaco Blue/(Ret'd) 2007 E90 328i xDrive Graphite (Ret'd)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrscpa View Post
On my last car (monaco blue), I was nailed by a flying creature. It was on the passenger rear panel, so I must not have seen it for a few days. After washing it off, there was a stain remaining that looked like a watermark, except I couldn't get rid of it.

I'd like to get the proper supplies to keep in my trunk, which I can use on the spot (so to speak) should the birds play target practice with my new ride, which they invariably will.
i just use ONR for that. if they're fresh, it'll just come off as you're spraying. a cap full into a small sprayer bottle does the trick.

it'll leave water spots if you're not wiping it with a microfiber, but i rather have the spots than etching
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 05:46 AM   #3
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Aves bomb First Aid Kit- use a 1:20 Optimum No-Rinse (ONR) / distilled water solution in a fine mist spray bottle. The surfactants it contains encapsulate and trap bird and insect excrement, dry surface dust, or light dirt particles making them virtually non-abrasive and it can be used without causing scratches (check contents periodically as heat will evaporate the contents if stored in the car’s trunk)..

Apply with a long nap micro fibre towel using very little surface pressure, dusting with long strokes in one direction only. For stubborn stains, soak the micro fibre towel and allow it to remain in place for a few minutes and then wipe away the debris.

Bird Excrement Removal - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ml#post1454023
Appreciate 0