E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread

10-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #1739
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 ///M5

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
sorry for the bad quality galaxy S2 mobile pics... but here it is!
new addition to the garage. traded-in our other gas monster V8 Toyota suv and picked up an e70 x5 xdrive30i for wife as her DD. 2009 CPO with only 21000 miles, rear climate control package, technology package, navigation, premium package, sport package, SGM on nappa black leather with anthracite black upholstery with dark bamboo trim. can't complain anything at all! it is the best combo besides AW exterior which is our other color if no SGM.

hell it even comes in 19s! so definitely no need for new wheels, maybe just some 15mm spacers soon, hhahahahahaha

I'm jelly lol
      10-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #1740
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos916 View Post
I'm jelly lol
it's a one sweet ride carlos, i guess the X5 loaner really did the trick on me. i wanna drive that more than my e90 now...

it is much more luxury... too bad wife takes it everyday, i can only enjoy it on weekends.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 02:01 AM   #1741
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 ///M5

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
it's a one sweet ride carlos, i guess the X5 loaner really did the trick on me. i wanna drive that more than my e90 now...

it is much more luxury... too bad wife takes it everyday, i can only enjoy it on weekends.
That's why I wana go back to a 5series it's almost like having both at once lol
      10-17-2012, 02:47 AM   #1742
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos916 View Post
That's why I wana go back to a 5series it's almost like having both at once lol
but didn't you have problem with your E60 before so you got rid of it and got E92?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #1743
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Hello Sac-Valley peeps.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 03:48 AM   #1744
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Hello Sac-Valley peeps.
hi Marvin! my buddy ronn always talks about u
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 04:06 AM   #1745
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
hi Marvin! my buddy ronn always talks about u
Hey Eric! Ronn talks about me? I haven't seen him, Jon and the rest of you guys in awhile. I've been meaning to make a trip to Sac and stop by TNT.

How have you been?

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #1746
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong View Post
Hey Eric! Ronn talks about me? I haven't seen him, Jon and the rest of you guys in awhile. I've been meaning to make a trip to Sac and stop by TNT.

How have you been?
all is well! just trying to stop modding. it's been a good 6 months since i spent a dime to mod my e90, hahahahaha.... now with the new addition, my mod target just steered. got some angel eye, led license plate bulbs, possible some spacers to space out the wheels. LOL!! i ensured my wife before we sign the sales contract "i'm not gonna mod your X5", that's BULLSHIT! hahahaha, the angel eye and license plate LED already ordered.... im afraid i'll get the m-tech kit and some X5M wheels for my E70 next year... another money pit
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:13 AM   #1747
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Very nice, I want to trade in my wife's Shitlander for an X5, shouldn't have bought that damn thing considering we paid cash and talked the dealer down to 34K from the original 39K.

I talked to her about it and she said it's enough, however I told her that when the kids get older I will buy us a 5 Series for a more luxurious recreational driver for the family. She hates my E90 with a passion, she's afraid of driving it for sake of the expense and hates riding in it, she chooses the back to accompany our daughter(not anymore with our son here) so I'm getting murdered on gas when I visit my family in Pomona by taking the said Shitlander with approximately 4 gas stops (2there and 2 back) not counting additional gas when going places with it once we get there.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #1748
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7
Very nice, I want to trade in my wife's Shitlander for an X5, shouldn't have bought that damn thing considering we paid cash and talked the dealer down to 34K from the original 39K.

I talked to her about it and she said it's enough, however I told her that when the kids get older I will buy us a 5 Series for a more luxurious recreational driver for the family. She hates my E90 with a passion, she's afraid of driving it for sake of the expense and hates riding in it, she chooses the back to accompany our daughter(not anymore with our son here) so I'm getting murdered on gas when I visit my family in Pomona by taking the said Shitlander with approximately 4 gas stops (2there and 2 back) not counting additional gas when going places with it once we get there.
LOL I feel ya. my wife used to hate X5 for some reason and she's been talking not to trade-in and waste extra money on another suv. until I took her out in the x5 loaner provided by the dealer while my car was in service, she was blown away! roomier, more luxury, more comfy...etc. after that weekend in the x5(which is 2 weeks ago) we started talking more and more about it and finally I got a green light to hunt one. after some good effort on the internet everyday, spotted this from a dealer in Berkeley, I told her "we gotta go check that out!"
as expected, we drove in at 3pm and drove home in the x5 at 7pm.

so maybe you can take her to dealer and sit in one and test drive first? sometimes lady needs some sweet talk first to make more effort on the purchase

Last edited by lawwailok; 10-18-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #1749
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL I feel ya. my wife used to hate X5 for some reason and she's been talking not to trade-in and waste extra money on another suv. until I took her out in the x5 loaner provided by the dealer while my car was in service, she was blown away! roomier, more luxury, more comfy...etc. after that weekend in the x5(which is 2 weeks ago) we started talking more and more about it and finally I got a green light to hunt one. after some good effort on the internet everyday, spotted this from a dealer in Berkeley, I told her "we gotta go check that out!"
as expected, we drove in at 3pm and drove home in the x5 at 7pm.

so maybe you can take her to dealer and sit in one and test drive first? sometimes lady needs some sweet talk first to make more effort on the purchase

See, here's the thing, she didn't have a license right away after she got her visa so I'd already been talking to the Mistubishi dealer in Concord and I drove it around and I made the mistake of not thinking for myself(not the selfish manner). She rode in it and she like it, it had enough functionality for her just by observing. We had planned on wiping out a portion of my savings and she was bringing her money that she's had since she was a pharmacist in Japan. We wanted absolutely no payments to make on her car since my $650 for my car is more than enough.

So she liked the Outlander GT, but as I drove it and then eventually the costs of the maintenance for very frequent oil changes started pissing me off, even if they were cheap, just the time needed to take the day off to go do it rather than being at home chugging beer, playing Xbox or going somewhere with my family. The thing that pisses me off the most(besides lack of torque) is the touch screen Nav, it sucks and even some of its functionality isn't as good as the iDrive in mine. With military and customer loyalty I should be able to get good rebates besides the other stuff that they offer at Concord BMW. I got 4500 miles to go before my next service period so I'm gonna see if I can take her and while we wait just ask to test drive one.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #1750
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
all is well! just trying to stop modding. it's been a good 6 months since i spent a dime to mod my e90, hahahahaha.... now with the new addition, my mod target just steered. got some angel eye, led license plate bulbs, possible some spacers to space out the wheels. LOL!! i ensured my wife before we sign the sales contract "i'm not gonna mod your X5", that's BULLSHIT! hahahaha, the angel eye and license plate LED already ordered.... im afraid i'll get the m-tech kit and some X5M wheels for my E70 next year... another money pit
Nice! She's going to come back from work and see you wrenching away at the X5! "Honey, it's not what it looks like!" haha. Maybe, when I'm in the area we should all kick it! I've been meaning to make a trip out to you guys!

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 03:44 AM   #1751
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
See, here's the thing, she didn't have a license right away after she got her visa so I'd already been talking to the Mistubishi dealer in Concord and I drove it around and I made the mistake of not thinking for myself(not the selfish manner). She rode in it and she like it, it had enough functionality for her just by observing. We had planned on wiping out a portion of my savings and she was bringing her money that she's had since she was a pharmacist in Japan. We wanted absolutely no payments to make on her car since my $650 for my car is more than enough.

So she liked the Outlander GT, but as I drove it and then eventually the costs of the maintenance for very frequent oil changes started pissing me off, even if they were cheap, just the time needed to take the day off to go do it rather than being at home chugging beer, playing Xbox or going somewhere with my family. The thing that pisses me off the most(besides lack of torque) is the touch screen Nav, it sucks and even some of its functionality isn't as good as the iDrive in mine. With military and customer loyalty I should be able to get good rebates besides the other stuff that they offer at Concord BMW. I got 4500 miles to go before my next service period so I'm gonna see if I can take her and while we wait just ask to test drive one.
its ok, i had the same situation with the 4runner v8 limited just traded-in. it had everything we needed, but after wife sat in the X5, she had to admit it is much nicer and i just did the rest of my job to make it happened and sat in the garage =)

dont wait for the next service, there's always other excuses to take her to the dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong View Post
Nice! She's going to come back from work and see you wrenching away at the X5! "Honey, it's not what it looks like!" haha. Maybe, when I'm in the area we should all kick it! I've been meaning to make a trip out to you guys!
just installed some DTEC H8 i got from Derrick
n surprisingly she asked me to throw in some white license plate LED to it so it is bright like those 18-led i have in my e90. she said the backup camera was too dark at night so she wants some brighter led to lite up the road a little better to see from the camera she didnt know how the hell i already ordered n will be here monday!!! LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #1752
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
its ok, i had the same situation with the 4runner v8 limited just traded-in. it had everything we needed, but after wife sat in the X5, she had to admit it is much nicer and i just did the rest of my job to make it happened and sat in the garage =)

dont wait for the next service, there's always other excuses to take her to the dealership

just installed some DTEC H8 i got from Derrick
n surprisingly she asked me to throw in some white license plate LED to it so it is bright like those 18-led i have in my e90. she said the backup camera was too dark at night so she wants some brighter led to lite up the road a little better to see from the camera she didnt know how the hell i already ordered n will be here monday!!! LOL
Smooth move!

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #1753
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Damn rain, I was just about done with my pro tune, then the rain hit. Hopefully the sun stays out and maybe get a good pull on my lunch break.

Just blabbing if anyone wants to listen.

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #1754
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Smooth move!
hahahaha, now my wife said to me "next time i won't fall into your trap and won't go to dealership with you no more!" i said "it's ok honnie, next time you won't have to go with me, since i got you an X5 this time, next time i'll just go to Porsche dealer myself since that's not your business" LMFAO!!!!!!

last time i was just tell her to go to bmw dealer with me just to look around since we were in the area and then guess what, i ended up trading my TL to my E90, since then we've never go to dealership together til this time, i took her to bmw again and yes, same trap to her and she bite it, i traded my 4Runner to an X5, hahahahahahahaha.

but i have to admit it, i have an understanding wife, she knows my passion is all about automotive, as long as im not over the board, she is fine. at least early of the year, 2 months after she gave birth to our daughter, i had a full overhaul from M3 front, CF lip.... all the way to CF CSL trunk done and she didn't say a word. sometimes she just joke around IF im gonna sell my TE37 and the BBK, we can pick up a 3rd car as a daily, i was like HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOO! hahahahaha
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #1755
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hahahaha, now my wife said to me "next time i won't fall into your trap and won't go to dealership with you no more!" i said "it's ok honnie, next time you won't have to go with me, since i got you an X5 this time, next time i'll just go to Porsche dealer myself since that's not your business" LMFAO!!!!!!

last time i was just tell her to go to bmw dealer with me just to look around since we were in the area and then guess what, i ended up trading my TL to my E90, since then we've never go to dealership together til this time, i took her to bmw again and yes, same trap to her and she bite it, i traded my 4Runner to an X5, hahahahahahahaha.

but i have to admit it, i have an understanding wife, she knows my passion is all about automotive, as long as im not over the board, she is fine. at least early of the year, 2 months after she gave birth to our daughter, i had a full overhaul from M3 front, CF lip.... all the way to CF CSL trunk done and she didn't say a word. sometimes she just joke around IF im gonna sell my TE37 and the BBK, we can pick up a 3rd car as a daily, i was like HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOO! hahahahaha
Nice! LOL, my wife isn't as convincing. Usually Japanese from Japan are easily impressed, but after being together for nearly 6 years she's not anymore.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #1756
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Nice! LOL, my wife isn't as convincing. Usually Japanese from Japan are easily impressed, but after being together for nearly 6 years she's not anymore.
hahaha, i feel you. i've been married for 10 years (not as old as you thought since i got marry at 24, hahaha) and my wife knows when my tail starts swinging, she knows what's my move. she is a person very hard to convince and sometimes i just have to talk very detail and explain why i want to make a move. we've been looking at Q7, ML, the new Allroad and never thought about an X5 until she sat in the loaner. immediately she already knows that's the suv i wanna get. she didn't mind to go to dealer with me this time, and specially we had a 9 months going along with us and the dealer is at Berkeley. i told her im just trying to complete my "happy wife happy life" mission =)

now it's been week and half and she is very happy with the E70. i think i made the smart move this time.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #1757
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:

Overboard, what exactly does that mean in your perspective.

My girlfriend is already annoyed with my loyalty to my car. I have to work on my car and or do things to it without her knowing, she is cool, but as long as i take care of things while i am not with her. Once i talk about my car and or the forums with her, she no happy.

Last edited by VNeBLOB42; 10-23-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #1758
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Overboard, what exactly does that mean in your perspective.

My girlfriend is already annoyed with my loyalty to my car. I have to work on my car and or do things to it without her knowing, she is cool, but as long as i take care of things while i am not with here. Once i talk about my car and or the forums with her, she no happy.
LOL, in my prespective, i think it can mean a twin/single turbo upgrade, roll cage, another set of wheels... but so far all the stuff ive been done to my car, she is still ok with it, she started to realize how much are the parts and she could name the very close price tag of my mods (wheels, BBK, coilover...etc) and she even know my car is tuned. i even tell her to take my car if she wants to, just have to be caution about getting on driveway or steep place. thanks god she is really understanding... originally i was gonna go to Omega store at Galleria when they open up next month to check out a Planet Ocean, and she was joking, "well, you can either sell your TE37 or your Brembo, and you can take a planet ocean home with those money" i was like.... shiiiiiiiiiiiiit... how can she know the price... hahahahaha..
i guess she is smarter than i thought and thank you for google.. there's no secret once you google it.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #1759
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
LOL, in my prespective, i think it can mean a twin/single turbo upgrade, roll cage, another set of wheels... but so far all the stuff ive been done to my car, she is still ok with it, she started to realize how much are the parts and she could name the very close price tag of my mods (wheels, BBK, coilover...etc) and she even know my car is tuned. i even tell her to take my car if she wants to, just have to be caution about getting on driveway or steep place. thanks god she is really understanding... originally i was gonna go to Omega store at Galleria when they open up next month to check out a Planet Ocean, and she was joking, "well, you can either sell your TE37 or your Brembo, and you can take a planet ocean home with those money" i was like.... shiiiiiiiiiiiiit... how can she know the price... hahahahaha..
i guess she is smarter than i thought and thank you for google.. there's no secret once you google it.
yeah, google can open up some privacy. If you sell your BBK let me know. I believe they are interchangeable from E90 to E92

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #1760
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yeah, google can open up some privacy. If you sell your BBK let me know. I believe they are interchangeable from E90 to E92
hahahaha, my car is a keeper, so i don't think im gonna part out anything yet. after spent so much money n effort, i think it is a keeper for a long time.
Appreciate 0