E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Sparkling Graphite - swirls... ugh

05-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #23
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
kobechrome: Funny story, went over to yates car wash last weekend and was not able to be accomodated for the hand wash that day. I was about to drive away (car was looking dusty) when my wife and my friend were going on and on about how silly I was to be so particular. They pointed out to the sign that said "brushless car wash" and the expensive cars coming out of the wash so against my better judgement I went back in line for the $22 Ultimate wash. As I went into the corridor with the window looking into the wash line I nearly had a heart attack the wash wasn't 'touchless' as I thought 'brushless' meant...it had those huge curtains of rubber thingys beating on my then 1 week old pride and joy on wheels... I just about threw a tantrum right then and there but managed to keep my cool. All the while my wife and friend were trying to console and reassure me that my worries were unfounded. Well I knew better...when I drove back I saw deep microscratches on the trunk lid and some smaller blemishes on the hood, sides and roof

SO...and to maintain relevancy on this thread, looks like I have to go back and do the $145 buff and wax job ... that should remove those scratches...wouldn't it??? Relating to your post and fletcher969's...the SG paint is quite sensitive and high-maintenance.

Also moral of the story is, if it doesn't feel right then don't do it...screw the wifey and friend

The horror... I can't believe they told you it was touchless. I would've lost it right there.... how did the buff and wax job turn out?
      05-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #24
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome
The horror... I can't believe they told you it was touchless. I would've lost it right there.... how did the buff and wax job turn out?
Rob, haven't done the buff n wax...the sad thing is I went back for a hand wash and ended up with more micro scratches...will try to get a buff n wax before the meet this month

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0