E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Best Tyre Fitters and Wheel Alignment Near You!

10-30-2011, 05:25 AM   #23
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemybmw View Post
Do event Tyres come out and fit Tyres not purchased from them? I have my winters waiting to be fitted.
No, but they're as cheap as anyone else when you're buying the tyres in the first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemybmw View Post
Also what do you all look for from your tyre fitter? What would you say qualifies someone to be a good tyre fitter? Is it cost? Not damaging alloys? Not damaging car? Customer experience? As many don't charge much to fit.
After so many bad experiences, I only ever go on recommendation now. I used a local place for having my winters fitted last month, and I wish I hadn't. Took 3 guys just to get the (non-rft) tyre onto the rim, and although they are balanced to 0, the insides of the rims just look like someone took a handful of weights and chucked them from across the room...
      10-30-2011, 05:30 AM   #24
Schnorbitz
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318d

I find that if you stand over the guy doing the job you can pretty much dictate how good a job he'll do :-)

If they won't let you watch, go somewhere that does.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #25
lovemybmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d SE 2006

I found that event do not have the amount of choice as mytyres, especially run flats or winters, however I guess depends what you are looking for and I think the problem for me watching over a fitter is that I wouldn't know what I'm looking for ensuring that they do and don't do really any hints tips would be good, I only know that I don't want them throwing the alloy around lol
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #26
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Seriously, go on recommendations.

Not just here, but as many owners clubs as you can find - you'll see the same names coming up again and again, and they're the ones to use.
      10-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #27
lovemybmw
Private
Rep

Tell you what Paul I've been so surprised by the lack of recommendations I've had for a good fitter in Leeds, so I've rung around and made a decision to go with alba Tyres in Leeds based on cost, how friendly the guy was on the phone and the fact he could fit me in at a time to suit me to do all my Tyres and 4 wheel alignment, no idea if they're any good or what machine method they use but i shall ask in the morning
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #28
p1tse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Need more space

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
Bridgwater Tyre and Exhaust - Somerset.
Do Everything maintenance related.

Many years ago now but they wouldn't fit non supplied tyres!
      10-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #29
EssexIan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 335d MSport

Jet Wheel & Tyre, Benfleet in Essex, do a top class job, match almost any price you can find and they have Hunter alignment equipment. Highly reccomended, have been using them for years.

Ian
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #30
lovemybmw
Private
Rep

Ok so that nokian winter tyres went on yesterday, feel spongy but only cos they're new, so where did I get them done? I was going to take them to alba tyres, only because of cost and they said they would fit my own tyres as well as do 4 wheel alignment. However I do prefer to go by recommendations and a friend of mine recomended allcar tyres and exhausts on Leeds road in huddersfield and they also have a hunter machine set up.

Called them booked in for yesterday (11am) and I must say they did a great job of fitting my winter tyres and 4 wheel alignment. It took them just over an hour and a half and I was able to wait in comfy waiting area and also watch them if I wanted to.

Cost was £50 to fit my tyres £12.50 per tyre to be fitted, balanced and old tyre disposal, a tad expensive however they did a good job and it was £65 for all four wheels to be aligned using the hunter hawk eye machine and they provided a before and after printout and like I said it took them an hour and a half. Great job overall.

The only feedback I'd give is that it would have been nice if the chap who did the alignment came and spoke to me after and explained what he found and talked me through the before and after results rather than the very nice chap in reception handing me the printouts and saying that there were adjustments required. However I guess I could have asked for an explanation of the results myself, so learning curve for me. Apart from that great service and I've added link before for anyone interested.

Www.Allcartyres.com

Thanks and hope this helps
Appreciate 0