E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > [GROUP BUY] DTUK DIESEL TUNING KITS (Diesel Only) + PEDALBOX THROTTLE RESPONSE KITS (

04-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #111
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJOE View Post
i have a tune pedal on my car, three settings with on/off, controler in cabin at arms length... i love it.
Nice work.. absolutely transform the car.. a 'must have' for every turbo car..

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #112
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
well guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whatever makes you feel happy at the end of the day.

luster, did you get my msg? u still okay to meet up tomorrow nite?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #113
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Are people still going on about how awesome a 200 dollar voltage amplifier is?

FYI I've driven a sprintboosted car (which is exactly the same thing) and to be honest, it was a piece of shit relative to how much it cost. A voltage amplifier is a god damn voltage amplifier. Slapping a fancy name on it doesn't make it suddenly 'awesome' for those who have 'tried it'. It merely changes the electrical signal so the bottom half of your pedal travel becomes useless. It's like installing a new tap that requires a bit less rotation for the same amount of water flow, and then telling everyone OMG GUYS THIS THING WILL MAKE YOUR TAP FEEL SO MUCH BETTER.

I got news for you mate, you got pulled in to buy this product and the person selling these products is making a fortune. If it was 10 bucks then I'd just pass it off as a gimmick but it's 20 times that price.

As long as you know that and you're still happy about it, I got nothing more to say. I'm just here to stop you misinforming any prospective buyers on how great this POS is.
This crap coming from a guy who drives a BMW and has plenty of overpriced mods in his sig?

C'mon, you know as much about paying more than things actually cost to produce as the rest of us, based simply on our brand of car!

Fact is, if you can't make it yourself, you pay the going rate if you want one. If you can make it, you sell them and make some money. This isn't unique to throttle controllers, it goes for all the overpriced crap we put on our cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #114
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
This crap coming from a guy who drives a BMW and has plenty of overpriced mods in his sig?

C'mon, you know as much about paying more than things actually cost to produce as the rest of us, based simply on our brand of car!

Fact is, if you can't make it yourself, you pay the going rate if you want one. If you can make it, you sell them and make some money. This isn't unique to throttle controllers, it goes for all the overpriced crap we put on our cars.
This from a bloke in the UK

Dude you know nothing about getting ripped off

Do yourself a favour and have a look at the RRP on the australian bmw site
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #115
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luster View Post
You should see how many people get sucked in to luxury cars, they are just metal boxes with a motor in it. Can get them from china for just a few hundred bucks, but people are willing to pay more than $50 000 for them!

People be soooo stupid.

Same as people who buy proactive and clearasil, its just benzine peroxide and distilled water!
That argument is a complete fallacy. Luxury cars offer increased functionality (whether that's worth it is a completely different issue) over their Chinese counterparts. There is also an inherent societal 'image' with owning a luxury car. These are all intangible benefits that people value.

The piece of shit $200 voltage amplifier you are trying to pawn off offers absolutely no increased functionality over essentially what you can do with your right foot. Or if you REALLY don't like moving your foot, a $5 amplifier.

I've heard good things about the D-TUK tune so I'm standing by that product.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black

Last edited by Jeef Beef; 04-30-2012 at 06:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #116
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post

Driving a BMW doesn't mean I like paying for things that are essentially a way for sellers to rip me off. I know exactly what I'm buying and what the parts do. Pretty much all of them offer a tangible performance benefit. None of them are 200 dollars worth of right foot movement.

The problem is people seem to be making the pedalbox out to be more than what it is with the OMG MY CAR IS COMPLETELY TRANSFORMED comments.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #117
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Driving a BMW doesn't mean I like paying for things that are essentially a way for sellers to rip me off. I know exactly what I'm buying and what the parts do. Pretty much all of them offer a tangible performance benefit. None of them are 200 dollars worth of right foot movement.

The problem is people seem to be making the pedalbox out to be more than what it is with the OMG MY CAR IS COMPLETELY TRANSFORMED comments.
Jeef,

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

A pedalbox, sprintbooster, throttle controller or potentiometer (lets face it, thats what these boxes really are) deceive the user to believe the car is more responsive, zippy, toey and wants to move.

Almost all tunes do the exact same thing. They remap the throttle response (as well as configuring many more parameters to extract more power).

Now, the problem with a CRD-T, is that it doesn't modify the throttle response to give this sense - proceed does, as do almost ALL flash tunes and I believe the other piggies do too.

As the 177HP diesel engines have an encrypted ECU that can only be flashed on a bench, at significant cost, the CRD-T piggyback is the answer. @ less than half the cost of a bench tune, its money well spent.

To get that last bit of performance (no HP gains), to feel the power, to match what a flash tune would normally give, you need a pedalbox/springbooster/potentiometer to complete the picture.

All together, its still 25% cheaper than a flash tune, and doesn't modify the original DME.

Power is comparable to a flashed DME, as demonstrated by playwithonehands output -vs- mine.

Euro cars seem to have stupidly fuel efficient pedal response that makes the car feel crap. For an average user (such as myself), the pedal rarely gets mashed past 50%. anything more is abuse!

So a throttle controller makes the car WAKE UP, it give a much nicer curve and allows us to enjoy our tune without changing our driving habits.

Can you at least accept this response as fair and understand why we use them?

We aren't fucking retards that buy things like throttle spacers and other snake oil products that actually do nothing.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #118
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Quote:
Jeef,

A pedalbox, sprintbooster, throttle controller or potentiometer (lets face it, thats what these boxes really are) deceive the user to believe the car is more responsive, zippy, toey and wants to move.

Almost all tunes do the exact same thing. They remap the throttle response (as well as configuring many more parameters to extract more power).

Now, the problem with a CRD-T, is that it doesn't modify the throttle response to give this sense - proceed does, as do almost ALL flash tunes and I believe the other piggies do too.

As the 177HP diesel engines have an encrypted ECU that can only be flashed on a bench, at significant cost, the CRD-T piggyback is the answer. @ less than half the cost of a bench tune, its money well spent.

To get that last bit of performance (no HP gains), to feel the power, to match what a flash tune would normally give, you need a pedalbox/springbooster/potentiometer to complete the picture.

All together, its still 25% cheaper than a flash tune, and doesn't modify the original DME.

Power is comparable to a flashed DME, as demonstrated by playwithonehands output -vs- mine.

Euro cars seem to have stupidly fuel efficient pedal response that makes the car feel crap. For an average user (such as myself), the pedal rarely gets mashed past 50%. anything more is abuse!

So a throttle controller makes the car WAKE UP, it give a much nicer curve and allows us to enjoy our tune without changing our driving habits.

We aren't fucking retards that buy things like throttle spacers and other snake oil products that actually do nothing.

When I heard about the Pedal Box I thought why would you.... but the 320d definitely needs it. I love driving the diesel especially with the CRD-T but the only problem is the pedal/throttle response and not the power. The power is great but she's a slug until you put your foot in it. Some may say just press the pedal in a little more but it's not about that. Rather than having it in DS mode and having the revs sitting higher for most of the drive I think the Pedal box will fill in that missing gap.

My Mrs complains that the only issue is when she needs that quick hit of boost to overtake or squeeze into a spot it lags then all of a sudden comes on too strong too late.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #119
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Jeef,

FTP JEEF!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #120
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post

My Mrs complains that the only issue is when she needs that quick hit of boost to overtake or squeeze into a spot it lags then all of a sudden comes on too strong too late.
Sounds like your sex life cough cough
"SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic- Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #121
lz419
Shaunny.L
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 20d / R33 GTST

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand View Post

K&N 57i, CRD-t , BE by Breyton 19', smurf with matte white interior, tune pedalbox, MD...almost there...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #122
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...25&postcount=4

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #123
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Quote:
Good call But what was it you do with your other hand??????
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #124
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:

Well used to be one of the top Warcraft 3 hardcore gamer in Aus and had a fracture wrist due to basketball but still manage to dominate noobs with onehand thus the new id "PWOH"

http://www.intimecyber.com/images/st...ture%20064.jpg

Anyway, welcome to the Diesel club
I admire your 135i, probably the fastest 135i ever felt in my life.
Met you at the Max Brenner meet, my first ever meet!
"SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic- Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #125
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:

Well used to be one of the top Warcraft 3 hardcore gamer in Aus and had a fracture wrist due to basketball but still manage to dominate noobs with onehand thus the new id "PWOH"

new respect for PWOH! Gosu! (had to jump on this thread for this )
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #126
lz419
Shaunny.L
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
mine one scheduled to arrive tomorrow
will pm you if any questions pops up!

K&N 57i, CRD-t , BE by Breyton 19', smurf with matte white interior, tune pedalbox, MD...almost there...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #127
Andrew@DTUK
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 Valencia Orange 1M

Ive just uploaded some fitting instructions for the various DTUK kits

Pedal Box Fitting Instructions:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ol15ib3xnr3dxrm

BMW 320D 177/184PS Fitting Instructions

http://www.mediafire.com/?ti962wf9b2h8g9e

CRD-T Module Instructions:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u8xg5z9am9yqn2q

The latest V3 Pedal Box..

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #128
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand
Quote:

PWOH, well I was way off course with what I thought you were saying

Btw which one is you in the pic :
If your the one I'm thinking then I want to play with your hand
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #129
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
lol Pcock, notice her boobS were touching my arm?

i really can't fkn wait to get back to my oil burner.
Cruising the 06 320i loan car and really have nothing to brag about it.

Hope one day the DTUK F30 320d beat 335.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 02:14 AM   #130
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand
lol Pcock, notice her boobS were touching my arm?

i really can't fkn wait to get back to my oil burner.
Cruising the 06 320i loan car and really have nothing to brag about it.

Hope one day the DTUK F30 320d beat 335.
320d beating a 335....all I can say Dave is you must be beating something pretty hard with that other hand

Did you ask boobonarmlady out?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #131
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
320d beating a 335....all I can say Dave is you must be beating something pretty hard with that other hand

Did you ask boobonarmlady out?
Ask any of them, all hot
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #132
lz419
Shaunny.L
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
GREAT THANKS TO LUSTER!!!
Got mine installed today and the result is AMAZING!
will share it in a few days after I have try the maps

Appreciate 0