E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

07-29-2013, 04:59 AM   #4643
pepsih
Captain
Rep
Drives: f02, e24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Your sp-daten is probably too old, also maybe few files are missing in ECU folder.
When it appears? Which module did you read?
frm
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 05:04 AM   #4644
pweber
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: M57 330D

Original FRM or replaced with newer one?

Try to update with 49.3 sp-daten.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #4645
pepsih
Captain
Rep
Drives: f02, e24

original, i will.
i think i will reinstall my windows aswell because there is to many sh*t.
i need a fresh OS
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #4646
Najt
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 325D 2008

I have few questions:

1] is it possible to add more voltage to inner lights in doors? I have light packet but even in night, the light is very low inside
2] how can I disable the belt assistant for driver in e92?
//edit: i found it:

In NFRM set:

ENABLE_GURTBRINGER_BF
nicht_aktiv
ENABLE_GURTBRINGER_FA
nicht_aktiv

3] i wanna disable front fog lights, but if I will remove $520 from VO, i think that rear fog light will be also gone, or? So maybe would be fine to set nicht_aktiv only some attribute in FRM , right? which one?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 05:33 AM   #4647
pweber
Banned
Germany
Rep

1. I never tried, I don't know.
2. Yes, if you want to disbale seatbelt Butler you need to change it to nicht_aktiv
3. Just disable cold and warm bulb check errors of front fog lights and all will be fine
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #4648
Najt
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 325D 2008

3. I have found only this attribute in excelsheet:
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW

but is for front and rear together? i didnt found warm fog bulb testi g

Last edited by Najt; 08-01-2013 at 01:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #4649
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
My friend has a cable he used to code his F30, but it has an ethernet (RJ45) connection to the PC rather than USB. Can I use this cable to code the E90? Special drivers needed?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #4650
GenePoole
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
My friend has a cable he used to code his F30, but it has an ethernet (RJ45) connection to the PC rather than USB. Can I use this cable to code the E90? Special drivers needed?
No. The cable would plug in, but there's no ethernet hardware on the Exx vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #4651
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
No. The cable would plug in, but there's no ethernet hardware on the Exx vehicles.
Just to be clear, the cable only has one RJ45 plug used to connect the cable to the PC. The side that connects to the car looks to be the same as the standard USB cables use.

The only posts I've seen for coding the car use a USB interface cable, and I thought I'd see if I could use this cable instead. I'd imagine the biggest issue is just drivers.

My friend was able to successfully code his F30 with the cable. Again, the only ethernet interface is the one that plugs into the PC, not the car.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #4652
GenePoole
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Just to be clear, the cable only has one RJ45 plug used to connect the cable to the PC. The side that connects to the car looks to be the same as the standard USB cables use.

The only posts I've seen for coding the car use a USB interface cable, and I thought I'd see if I could use this cable instead. I'd imagine the biggest issue is just drivers.

My friend was able to successfully code his F30 with the cable. Again, the only ethernet interface is the one that plugs into the PC, not the car.

Thanks.
All the Fxx ethernet cables do is route the ethernet pins to pins in the OBD jack (pins that are unused in Exx cars). Unlike the Exx cables that use a collection of chips to convert K/D CAN signals from the car (first to RS232 serial, then serial to USB), there is no chipset in the ethernet cables. You can make one yourself with a soldering gun. The Fxx series cars have ethernet hardware in the car itself. The Exx cars do not. They use a K or D CAN protocol which is similar to ethernet in that it is a packetized networking protocol, but different in every other way.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #4653
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole
Quote:

Thanks.
All the Fxx ethernet cables do is route the ethernet pins to pins in the OBD jack (pins that are unused in Exx cars). Unlike the Exx cables that use a collection of chips to convert K/D CAN signals from the car (first to RS232 serial, then serial to USB), there is no chipset in the ethernet cables. You can make one yourself with a soldering gun. The Fxx series cars have ethernet hardware in the car itself. The Exx cars do not. They use a K or D CAN protocol which is similar to ethernet in that it is a packetized networking protocol, but different in every other way.
Thank you, this was very helpful.

To sum it up, I can't use my friend's cable (without some work at least) to code my E90.

Thanks!
      08-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #4654
Ruhnie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i 6MT

Great thread, hoping you fine people can help me out. I am following the PDF after installing the USB driver, and when I plug it into my car and run INPA I don't get the black circles, they are both white. I don't see any errors or anything. I set the latency to 1 in the port settings and that's all I did. Am I missing a step? Thanks!

Edit: I am using the NCSEXPERT.rar that was on the first page. I also got a link from ******84 to some files that are supposed to work on win7 x64, but I'm not sure which files from there I need, or how to install them. Should I be using his instead?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #4655
Ruhnie
Private First Class
Rep

Ok so I installed Standard Tools from the link ****** sent me, and chose to install over the apps I already had installed. Now this happens:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 03:15 AM   #4656
pweber
Banned
Germany
Rep

I sent you INPA.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #4657
Ruhnie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******84 View Post
PM sent.

You have to first Read Out your selected module, so change job to Codieraten_lesen and execute job. Next you have to copy your FSW_PSW.trc from NCSEXPER\WORK to desktop and edit it there. Then you have to change his extension to .man and copy back to work folder replacing existing blank file FSW_PSW.man which is already there. If you done this, you have to change job tp SG_CODIEREN and execute job, All changes from MAN file will be saved in your MODULE.
I have a related question to this. The PDF says to rename the TRC file to a MAN file after reading from the ecu, and then you edit the MAN file to change values. But in the tutorial video (from first page) he says to make sure you open and edit the MAN file directly...so I'm confused. Which is it? What is the purpose of both files? Thanks!

Edit: Ok so did some searching on this thread and think I have it understood, but want to run through the proper sequence just for a sanity check. The search on this thread is pretty borked btw.

1 - Load the profile you created by following DIY
2 - Create backup TRC file of entire car (BACK function)
3 - Go to module you want to code
4 - Create TRC file for that module
5 - Rename TRC to MAN and edit the MAN file
6 - Load changes to module

Is that a decent synopsis? I am thinking that the only reason the OP was editing the MAN file directly is that he had already created it previously, otherwise it would be blank would it not?

Last edited by Ruhnie; 08-05-2013 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #4658
jc_bmw
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhnie View Post
I have a related question to this. The PDF says to rename the TRC file to a MAN file after reading from the ecu, and then you edit the MAN file to change values. But in the tutorial video (from first page) he says to make sure you open and edit the MAN file directly...so I'm confused. Which is it? What is the purpose of both files? Thanks!

Edit: Ok so did some searching on this thread and think I have it understood, but want to run through the proper sequence just for a sanity check. The search on this thread is pretty borked btw.

1 - Load the profile you created by following DIY
2 - Create backup TRC file of entire car (BACK function)
3 - Go to module you want to code
4 - Create TRC file for that module
5 - Rename TRC to MAN and edit the MAN file
6 - Load changes to module

Is that a decent synopsis? I am thinking that the only reason the OP was editing the MAN file directly is that he had already created it previously, otherwise it would be blank would it not?

That is correct
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #4659
Walker16
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335i

Garage List
just attempted a few things on my own and I think I have a general of idea whatim doing. I was able to turn off the driver and passanger seatbelt gong and eliminate the cic idrive disclaimer. I attempted to make the mirrors, windows and sunroof open and close with fob. it does work but i never new it was possible until after i coded it.

is holding down the lock,unlock button on the fob the only way to make this work or should the windows roll up with 1 click of the lock button on the fob?

just wondering if i did this right or it is normal for them ro roll up and down with the fob (it will also fold my mirrors in/out and open/close the sunj roof)

thanks for any clairification!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #4660
Ruhnie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker16 View Post
just attempted a few things on my own and I think I have a general of idea whatim doing. I was able to turn off the driver and passanger seatbelt gong and eliminate the cic idrive disclaimer. I attempted to make the mirrors, windows and sunroof open and close with fob. it does work but i never new it was possible until after i coded it.

is holding down the lock,unlock button on the fob the only way to make this work or should the windows roll up with 1 click of the lock button on the fob?

just wondering if i did this right or it is normal for them ro roll up and down with the fob (it will also fold my mirrors in/out and open/close the sunj roof)

Not sure if coding changes this behavior, but by default my windows go up/down only by holding down the buttons on the remote.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #4661
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker16 View Post

Not sure if coding changes this behavior, but by default my windows go up/down only by holding down the buttons on the remote.
If your car has CA then windows & sunroof go up/down by default with fob and I think the door handle. Non CA cars only go down with fob by default.
This windows up thing with fob has been the best thing for me.
      08-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #4662
TheM3Boy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
If your car has CA then windows & sunroof go up/down by default with fob and I think the door handle. Non CA cars only go down with fob by default.
This windows up thing with fob has been the best thing for me.
I have CA on mine and the windows only go down with the remote, holding the "close" button doesn't close them or the sunroof. But I can close them holding my finger on the door handle. Mine is a Canadian vehicle though.

Last edited by TheM3Boy; 08-12-2013 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #4663
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
You're saying the F30+ has CAN AND Ethernet busses on board? Do you know which modules are attached? Are they behind a regular old 802.3 switch or is there some kind of routing managed by the CAS the same way the CAN bus on the OBD-II plug is segmented by CAS in the E90 series?

Sounds like I want to get an F30 just to play with its security

EDIT: I shouldn't really have said "CAN and ethernet busses," but you get what I mean. Networks, anyway.

EDIT: any idea where I can find WDS for the F30 series?
      08-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #4664
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
You're saying the F30+ has CAN AND Ethernet busses on board? Do you know which modules are attached? Are they behind a regular old 802.3 switch or is there some kind of routing managed by the CAS the same way the CAN bus on the OBD-II plug is segmented by CAS in the E90 series?

Sounds like I want to get an F30 just to play with its security

EDIT: I shouldn't really have said "CAN and ethernet busses," but you get what I mean. Networks, anyway.

EDIT: any idea where I can find WDS for the F30 series?
WDS is now part of ISTA/D, so try an pick up an ISID VM.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0