E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > my bad experience with eisenamnn....read this...

06-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #89
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

that I wholeheartedly agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullo
Nobody is gaining from this. Longtran and Eisenmann need to deal with this privately, not on a public forum.
      06-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #90
Lost Rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
Long was giving Eisenmann time to rectify the situation.
Long was waiting to see if they were going to give into his blackmail.
      06-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #91
rchanou
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Jet Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
PEOPLE WHO WANT A DISCOUNT FOR SIDING WITH EISENHAUS:

1. rchanou
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #92
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

hmm chill out everyone, i believe long and eisenmann can actually settle this problem...first off i'm not siding with anyone but here's my thoughts..long and ryan, i've a question for both of u

to long: have u asked ryan about these quads before the purchase? long, i checked out the quad pics on eisenhaus.com and the quads arent sitting straight horizontally(much like what happened to ur car from the pics i've seen)
here's the link: http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehprice.php...&Submit=Submit

long, did u ask ryan before the purchase about this? i mean no matter what i believe that the quads should be horizontally parallel right? and are u the 1st person who actually got these quads? i dont wanna jump to conclusion but from the black spots i've seen, it looked like the exhaust has been used before but its just a random hunch of mine

to ryan: regarding the quads, any reason to why they're not horizontally straight? i believe the quads should be straight, i've seen eisenmann quads on e46 and they're perfect...and for the black spots, can u explain what are those? ryan, from the pics long posted it looked like something happened to the exhaust either before shipment or during the shipment that caused the black spots...if the exhaust was properly packaged then the black spots shouldnt be there

i wonder why cant u both settle the problem, both of u are respectable members of this forum and i look up to the 2 of u...i believe this is only a simple miscommunication so please settle this
      06-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #93
blke90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Sport Line

Well...after reading the entire thread thus far...I am leaning towards Chi-town and Eisenhaus's side. This is a company that has a good reputation with many other customers. Also, I understand that this was the first quad exhaust from eisenmann and longs car was basically a test car for the exhaust. This is what we must consider when we buy a first year model and want to mod. Not everything is going to work perfectly in the beginning.

I do, however, agree that Eisenhaus should pay for shipping costs of Long returning his product and also pay for whatever needs to be done to his car while his quad exhaust is being repaired. That is just plain good customer service. If Long did in fact blackmail Eisenhaus, then that is not right and Eisenhaus shouldn't have to deal with customers blackmailing them. Again, that is if he actually did that. Something needs to be done...

Last edited by blke90man; 06-02-2006 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #94
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by volinder
I agree with Chi-town,

I personally think there is two sides to this story and quite frankly Long is using his credibility on this forum to his advantage. First off, you knew that you were getting the first exhaust, and the fact that you had problems is probably of no surprise (that much i get). I'm not sure what the hell you wanted Eisennman to do. You said you weren't happy, they sent send the exhaust back, end of story. It sounds like you were trying to take advantage of the situation.

I personally don't appreciate you trying to sway all the e90 posters on here to be against Eisennhaus. I like companies coming on here to post help, and post specials for our members. All your doing is scaring away a good company with a great product cause you wanted to rice out the back of you car and have a fake quad exhaust.

Sorry, my 0.02cents, let the flaming begin
No matter what you say, you will always be loved for your animated GIF. Always makes me and my g/f laugh.

First off, we shouldn't be attacking one's choice for cosmetic or performance mods. Remember this thread is not about liking or disliking people--this is all about the product and product support.

From what I have seen and heard, the Eisenmann Racing Dual exhaust is a decent product, and those who have it seem to be satisfied.

I bet all Eisenmann had to do was (1) Listen, (2) Acknowledge, (3) Understand, (4) Suggest a plan of action (i.e., investigate or express a desire to improve upon the original design) so that future customers would not encounter similar problems. For all intents and purposes, longtran is a beta-tester.

Questions that come to my mind:

- Why was the system blackened with soot? This brings up questions of integrity unless the company was explicit about the system being previously used.

- Are the 325i and 330i exactly the same in regard to the exhaust mounts and exhaust pipe positions? i.e., was the system designed to fit a 330i, but perhaps a 325i is slightly different in this regard?

- Is there a significant difference between European E90s and USA E90s? I know the answer is yes, because of the experiences of those who purchased the Hamann and Kerscher exhaust systems. The cats are not in the same place. Yet, does this difference affect the mounting of the quad Eisenmann from the muffler back?

- Most importantly, if I, the consumer, were to purchase this system for myself, and were to run into problems, would Eisenmann offer support for me or would I be told to package up the system, send it back for a full refund, and incur the the shipping costs, the costs of having the OEM muffler welded back on? I would also be stuck with an open exhaust slot on the right side of my bumper.

This is what could have been said:

Dear Long, We are sorry for the fitment issues you are having with installing the Eisenmann quad exhaust system. We value your feedback and will address these issues to make this bolt-on modification fit well for all customers. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for helping us better serve you.

NOT (after waiting 3 weeks):

If you're not happy, just send everything back for a full refund. We refuse to be blackmailed. Had you taken this to a muffler shop, they would have installed it correctly.
      06-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #95
krndanic307
Captain
Argentina
Rep
Drives: F20 M140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown
Long was waiting to see if they were going to give into his blackmail.
Please STFU.. Don't judge people without knowing them at all... You met ryan for 10 mins? and defending? I know long for over 5 months... and he's not like what ryan said...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #96
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
No matter what you say, you will always be loved for your animated GIF. Always makes me and my g/f laugh.

First off, we shouldn't be attacking one's choice for cosmetic or performance mods. Remember this thread is not about liking or disliking people--this is all about the product and product support.

From what I have seen and heard, the Eisenmann Racing Dual exhaust is a decent product, and those who have it seem to be satisfied.

I bet all Eisenmann had to do was (1) Listen, (2) Acknowledge, (3) Understand, (4) Suggest a plan of action (i.e., investigate or express a desire to improve upon the original design) so that future customers would not encounter similar problems. For all intents and purposes, longtran is a beta-tester.

- Why was the system blackened with soot? This brings up questions of integrity unless the company was explicit about the system being previously used.

- Are the 325i and 330i exactly the same in regard to the exhaust mounts and exhaust pipe positions? i.e., was the system designed to fit a 330i, but perhaps a 325i is slightly different in this regard?

- Is there a significant difference between European E90s and USA E90s? I know the answer is yes, because of the experiences of those who purchased the Hamann and Kerscher exhaust systems. The cats are not in the same place. Yet, does this difference affect the mounting of the quad Eisenmann from the muffler back?

- Most importantly, if I, the consumer, were to purchase this system for myself, and were to run into problems, would Eisenmann offer support me or would I be told to package up the system, send it back for a full refund, and incur the the shipping costs, the costs of having the OEM muffler welded back on? I would also be stuck with an open exhaust slot on the right side of my bumper.

Dear Long, We are sorry for the fitment issues you are having with installing the Eisenmann quad exhaust system. We value your feedback and will address these issues to make this bolt-on modification fit well for all customers. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for helping us better serve you.

NOT after 3 weeks:

If you're not happy, just send everything back for a full refund. We refuse to be blackmailed. Had you taken this to a muffler shop, they would have installed it correctly.
Alot of people are on the Long train,

I'm a on the ksfrogman train. Seriously, I understand what your saying and alot of what you say is definately right.

I think what I'm trying to really say is that guys like Long have to be really careful.

I'm a nobody on this forum, and quite frankly had I posted this, most guys would have blown me off and told me that I'm an idiot. Long is very respected on here, so when it's him posting here, its gonna be carefully watched and analyzed. I was with Long originally until i read what Chitown posted. Then I changed my tune. I would hate for a company like Eisenhaus to not post cause they don't feel welcome.

That's all.

ksfrogman, your a class guy!!!
2013 M5 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #97
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

Quote:

- Most importantly, if I, the consumer, were to purchase this system for myself, and were to run into problems, would Eisenmann offer support for me or would I be told to package up the system, send it back for a full refund, and incur the the shipping costs, the costs of having the OEM muffler welded back on? I would also be stuck with an open exhaust slot on the right side of my bumper.

u should be eisenmann's customer relations manager
but i agree with u totally
      06-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #98
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Yup, what ks said. Doctors are always right, aren't they?
      06-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #99
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Yup, what ks said. Doctors are always right, aren't they?
ks , your a doctor???
2013 M5 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #100
ShiraiwaRiku
Baby Driver
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Quote:

nothing but well written

two thumbs up.. way up..
Alpine White | Navigation | Premium | Osram HID 6000K Headlight, Foglight | LED Blackline | M-Tech Steering Wheel, Rear Bumper | AC Schnitzer Pedals, E-Brake, Decklid, Rooftop, Front Spoiler, Side Skirt, Racing Spring | Tint 35/50 | DRL Disabled | Carbon Fiber Grill, Emblem | MTec 2.1 Halos | LED Interior Xenon | Painted Red Calipers | JleviSW LED Signals & Licence Plate Kit | Voltage Stabilizer | GruppeM Intake | Remus PowerSound Quad Exhaust | MorrVS8 with Bridegestone RE960
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #101
TYW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: - 335i Coupe - Monaco / Saddle

Quote:
ks , your a doctor???

Known here as Dr. K
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #102
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
ks , your a doctor???
yes he's a doctor...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #103
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
yes he's a doctor...
i c, what kind a doc!!! Just curious. I'm a tooth doc (a.k.a. dentist)
2013 M5 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #104
canucklion
Canada
Rep

yes he is a doc. I always enjoy Michael's class posts. You've once again made some great points without denegrating either party.
      06-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #105
canucklion
Canada
Rep

I thought dentists were like chiropractors and PhD's? i.e. not real doctors

haha, JUST PLAYING
Quote:
i c, what kind a doc!!! Just curious. I'm a tooth doc (a.k.a. dentist)
      06-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #106
rchanou
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
let's get back to screaming at each other
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #107
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
I thought dentists were like chiropractors and PhD's? i.e. not real doctors

haha, JUST PLAYING

Believe me its true, but at least the ladies like it Too bad i'm married

Seriously, i think we just jacked this thread, maybe its for the better
2013 M5 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #108
canucklion
Canada
Rep

yes, I believe two Canadians just jacked the thread.
Anyhow, let's get back to the regularly scheduled debate *ding* ding* ding *
Quote:
Believe me its true, but at least the ladies like it Too bad i'm married

Seriously, i think we just jacked this thread, maybe its for the better
      06-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #109
rchanou
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I knew you canadians were up to no good!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #110
ShiraiwaRiku
Baby Driver
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchanou
let's get back to screaming at each other
WTF is wrong with you?
Alpine White | Navigation | Premium | Osram HID 6000K Headlight, Foglight | LED Blackline | M-Tech Steering Wheel, Rear Bumper | AC Schnitzer Pedals, E-Brake, Decklid, Rooftop, Front Spoiler, Side Skirt, Racing Spring | Tint 35/50 | DRL Disabled | Carbon Fiber Grill, Emblem | MTec 2.1 Halos | LED Interior Xenon | Painted Red Calipers | JleviSW LED Signals & Licence Plate Kit | Voltage Stabilizer | GruppeM Intake | Remus PowerSound Quad Exhaust | MorrVS8 with Bridegestone RE960
Appreciate 0