E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 07 335i Active Steering issue and MORE!

06-25-2010, 03:35 AM   #1
never dies
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Question 07 335i Active Steering issue and MORE!

Hey everybody, long time lurker on these boards. Glad to have joined forces finally. My first post is about a problematic E92 335i, believe some would be able to help me out scratching heads...

The car has had its engine swapped with another N54 unit after the original one was hydro-locked in the rain season. Here are the problems with the vehicle as of today:

- Active steering light always ON. Have checked the reservoir and the previous shop has filled it with ATF fluid instead of the recommended CHF 11S. Flushed it out and now running on CHF. Hooked the car up to Autologic and did the steering calibration test + deleted the error memory. Active steering light is off upon restarting the car, but driven for a few meters and the problem reoccurs. Autologic reads "Eco Valve" as the problem, which part is that??

- AC compressor stops working whenever the active steering light is on. Understood since they run on the same belt drive.

- Bi-Xenon lights would come on for a second or two and then remain off.

- Turbos aren't kicking in anymore. Would like some idea swapping here before digging in and inspecting the turbos for damage.

Previous shop denied removing anything besides the engine, i.e. steering wasn't tampered with.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
DenverJayhawk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

whoever did the engine swap clearly F'd up the other items, in my opinion. You may need to shell out the money and take it to an approved BMW shop to get the items fixed.

Are you certain the reason for the engine swap was "hydro-lock"? Could the car have been in an accident previously?

330i, Black Sapphire, 6MT, Sport, Active Steering, Flux Capacitor
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
never dies
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Not really sure about how they did the swap, too late to find out now. Looking for answers and possible fuck ups. The car has only been hydro locked that's certain. I think the lights car be reprogrammed using the latest CIP, but I don't want to get to them until the main issues of the active steering are fixed first.

Thoughts...
Appreciate 0