E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > a favour from one of you (335i N54) guys? :)

10-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #23
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil200tdi View Post
I've got one in the garage if anyone else needs one - no longer have the car...
is yours for an N55?? aren't they different??

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #24
phil200tdi
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual

Mines n54 - they are different..
      10-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #25
007_e350
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 2008 MHD'd / x5d E70

This topics been beaten to death, no noticable gains ... also heat doesnt affect, its gonna heat up thru the turbo channel anyway, put an fmic if u really wanna mod intake
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #26
umut335i
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible 2007

Dude get cyba scoops, made a big difference on my car. My car got unusually hot and my legs would start sweating and all sorts. It was crazy lol! Defo invest in cyba scoops mine were like 20 quid. Also changed to a bmc panel filter. All good... still gets hot but no where near as quickly or as hot as before. Plus use to get crazy heat soak...

The gain you get from DPs is the best out of all the mods i reckon. With a remap and DPs you will think ita a different car. I reckon you should do DPs as they also reduce back pressure on the turbos... if i were you id do Panel filter and scoops then DPs then FMIC...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #27
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

If you are serious about power gains on your 335 then you need DP's - end of.

Also why not just buy bms dci ? Burger tuning have to be one of - if not the most reputable BMW tuning company out there - easy mod but not massive power gains on its own.

Power mod list, looked like this for me (in order of purchase):

DP's
FMIC
Jb4
Charge pipe
Forge DV's
DCI
Exhaust
PCV
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 06:18 AM   #28
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007_e350 View Post
This topics been beaten to death, no noticable gains ... also heat doesnt affect, its gonna heat up thru the turbo channel anyway, put an fmic if u really wanna mod intake
that's a good point, but might as well get as much cold air as possible? cold air will get hot but hot air will get hotter right lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by umut335i View Post
Dude get cyba scoops, made a big difference on my car. My car got unusually hot and my legs would start sweating and all sorts. It was crazy lol! Defo invest in cyba scoops mine were like 20 quid. Also changed to a bmc panel filter. All good... still gets hot but no where near as quickly or as hot as before. Plus use to get crazy heat soak...

The gain you get from DPs is the best out of all the mods i reckon. With a remap and DPs you will think ita a different car. I reckon you should do DPs as they also reduce back pressure on the turbos... if i were you id do Panel filter and scoops then DPs then FMIC...
haha i dont get hot legs or anything, although i do notice the centre console gets warm... i just thought that was the gearbox.... i definitely will buy scoops... they sound worth it

and yeah everybody keeps going on about the DPs... gonna do some heavy research and get exactly what i want... where did you get your stuff from again?? VSRF right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
If you are serious about power gains on your 335 then you need DP's - end of.

Also why not just buy bms dci ? Burger tuning have to be one of - if not the most reputable BMW tuning company out there - easy mod but not massive power gains on its own.

Power mod list, looked like this for me (in order of purchase):

DP's
FMIC
Jb4
Charge pipe
Forge DV's
DCI
Exhaust
PCV
yeah looks like after this i'm gonna get DPs... but first some research lol

and DCIs just don't look right to me... i want the extra air intake without getting the heatsoak + the uneven cold and warm air distribution to the turbos... i just think the DCIs are inefficient... the STETT intake looked good but i think i'd get hydralock in this country with that setup...

with every mod i do, i want to make sure i get it as efficient as possible... and my plan is to do the easiest things first and then move on to the harder stuff...

my list looks to be:
Exhausts (although I don't know if the PE mod was really performance changing)
JB4
CAI
CP + BOV
DPs
FMIC
and then maybe a meth kit...

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #29
007_e350
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 2008 MHD'd / x5d E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu View Post
that's a good point, but might as well get as much cold air as possible? cold air will get hot but hot air will get hotter right lol

My IATs stay under 100 in 80 deg weather, w the 7" FMIC ... regardless of the intake I had ... they shot up to 115 w stock intercooler, again w both intake types (stock vs AFe DCIs) ... also more important for an intake is to provide cleaner air, w DCIs I saw a thin film of dust accumulating after the filters, thats when I sold them and put stock back on - no difference really except the WOOSHs gone

Goodluck
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #30
jwilliams
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

If anyone has another spare n54 airbox let me know as i would like to do this.

I will pay or kindly have it. Either way is fine.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #31
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 Alpine White

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2017 BMW F30 330D  [0.00]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Nice meeting you tonight mate. Good luck with it, looking forward to seeing the end result.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #32
umut335i
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu View Post

haha i dont get hot legs or anything, although i do notice the centre console gets warm... i just thought that was the gearbox.... i definitely will buy scoops... they sound worth it

and yeah everybody keeps going on about the DPs... gonna do some heavy research and get exactly what i want... where did you get your stuff from again?? VSRF right?

my list looks to be:
Exhausts (although I don't know if the PE mod was really performance changing)
JB4
CAI
CP + BOV
DPs
FMIC
and then maybe a meth kit...
Yup, i think unless you can source second hand DPs the VRSF stuff is the best value for money option a lot of people have the VRSF DPs. Everything of mine is VRSF cp, dp, fmic...

Also i would recommend not going for the bov... i did but i regret it now, thr forge dvs i think may be a better option but all down to preference. My mates ones are forge dvs and they sound amazing! Not feeling the whole bov thing anymore...

Ps your car sounds brilliant at the mo, so just remember itll get louder with the DPs and then youll hear more of the turbos too... then if you get the forge dvs i reckon thatll round it all off... but man im no pro... just giving my opinion...

On a seperate subject brakes are looking good man! Nice one!!! Looks like it was a madness to do thow, hard work!!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 11:47 PM   #33
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Forget all the power mods, look at the cooling (or lack of it) for the N54 engine.

Even BMWs own technical manual talks about how the N54 engine is heat restrained, and added an additional radiator for the N55 engine.

I've spent far too much time and about £1k looking into and fitting a well known aftermarket oil cooler only to find there simply isn't enough space to route all the oil lines safely at the front of the engine bay

I'm now seriously considering paying BMW £3k for the official N54 power kit so that I can get an additional water radiator fitted (1M style).... I've finally found a dealer who have agreed to try and fit the kit
Appreciate 0