E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Hit a sunken manhole cover

02-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #45
ram335i
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Autovogue 335i

Kerr, that's the exact same one I hit a few weeks ago!!!
Dented OSF wheel and took a chunk out of the tyre. I now have a slight wobble at speed...

I noticed it was only there a few days & was repaired really quickly- didn't get a chance to photograph it due to work and lack of day light in between but got a picture of the wheel.

Car's due for a service & MOT very soon so will hopefully be addressing the problem soon.

Wondering if you could chime in on whether I should get the repair then claim or claim first?

Good to see your positive result though, that road (and the ones around it) are a joke!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #46
Crewchief05
SBD
Rep
Drives: 335i e90

Garage List
08 335i  [0.00]
I would be pissed...hope they cover expenses
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #47
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram335i View Post
Kerr, that's the exact same one I hit a few weeks ago!!!
Dented OSF wheel and took a chunk out of the tyre. I now have a slight wobble at speed...

I noticed it was only there a few days & was repaired really quickly- didn't get a chance to photograph it due to work and lack of day light in between but got a picture of the wheel.

Car's due for a service & MOT very soon so will hopefully be addressing the problem soon.

Wondering if you could chime in on whether I should get the repair then claim or claim first?

Good to see your positive result though, that road (and the ones around it) are a joke!
Not good.

I hit it on a dark sunday night and it was repaired by the end of the week.

I never repaired it and waited until they settled.

I submitted quotes of the cost of tyre, wheel repair and tracking cost (£485) to Scottish water who after viewing the manhole the same day forwarded it to their insurance company Basset and Gallagher.

They were a bit funny and kept going on about wear and tear.

My bargaining point it both wheel and tyre were spotless other than the damage and offered them the chance to view.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #48
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Ordered Conti 5p today.

Best price I found online fitted was £790.

Pneus were £770 delivered only. Seems to be £10-15 per corner to fit.

Asked at a local tyre garage I've used quite a few times over the year who rounded his price down to £800.

I'd much rather spend my money locally so £800 to a local company who put in the 2nd best quote ahead of big hitters like Blackcircles gets my money.

Looking forward to feeling the difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #49
ram335i
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Autovogue 335i

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Ordered Conti 5p today.

Best price I found online fitted was £790.

Pneus were £770 delivered only. Seems to be £10-15 per corner to fit.

Asked at a local tyre garage I've used quite a few times over the year who rounded his price down to £800.

I'd much rather spend my money locally so £800 to a local company who put in the 2nd best quote ahead of big hitters like Blackcircles gets my money.

Looking forward to feeling the difference.
Ouch dude, that would suck to be forking out, lucky they accepted the claim and dished out.
I'll be approaching it in the same way you have, hopefully they won't be too difficult to convince unless they want to argue about it being fixed and not having any pictures of the cover before it was repaired... But I have a stack of other evidence which will hopefully work in my favour.

Once again congratulations on getting it sorted, hopefully they will start sorting out the rest of the area soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 03:08 AM   #50
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram335i View Post
Ouch dude, that would suck to be forking out, lucky they accepted the claim and dished out.
I'll be approaching it in the same way you have, hopefully they won't be too difficult to convince unless they want to argue about it being fixed and not having any pictures of the cover before it was repaired... But I have a stack of other evidence which will hopefully work in my favour.

Once again congratulations on getting it sorted, hopefully they will start sorting out the rest of the area soon!
The best of luck but I doubt they will entertain claims that aren't submitted immediately

After the odd day of mild frost the roads round here look like they've been bombed, I reckon the best bet is to fit big balloon tyres, commuting is getting to be more like a rally stage in a Welsh forest
Appreciate 0