E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Getting used to the PROcede?

02-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Jonny550
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Xdrive

Getting used to the PROcede?

Hay guys been here for a few years and have always been a JB guy. So at the end of the day i know nothing about the PROcede and was wondering how difficult it is on the user to get used to its features.

Logging, PWM meth etc. Iam looking to go for it all and iam looking for reviews from end users.

Lets make it nice, and CONGRATS TO SHIV ON 600+ WHP!!!!!!.

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon335iFL View Post
Hay guys been here for a few years and have always been a JB guy. So at the end of the day i know nothing about the PROcede and was wondering how difficult it is on the user to get used to its features.

Logging, PWM meth etc. Iam looking to go for it all and iam looking for reviews from end users.

Really nothing to get used to IMHO. I think the interface is considerably more intuitive than what you are used to. Then again, I'm biased
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon335iFL View Post

I was in your same shoes a couple years ago. It's like learning any new software... at first you'll be unfamiliar, but then it becomes easy and you'll realize what you've been missing

Congrats on the upgrade
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Jonny550
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Really nothing to get used to IMHO. I think the interface is considerably more intuitive than what you are used to. Then again, I'm biased
I would of thought you preferred a different tune, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
I was in your same shoes a couple years ago. It's like learning any new software... at first you'll be unfamiliar, but then it becomes easy and you'll realize what you've been missing

Congrats on the upgrade

Thats what iam hoping for, the more i read PRocede logs the more i get confused. I guess with any transition it will be unfamiliar like you said.

To be honest since i plan on keeping my next n54, Iam more interested in safety and controlled meth injection. Plus the 600whp numbers that Shiv just put down really intrigued me and made my switch very easy.

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
16M4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

I just switched to procede from jb3 (over a year of using it). I cannot be happier with the switch. The car feels a lot stronger and smoother. I had a little of problem getting the interface up and running. Now that I got it up and running, it has been a piece of cake in term of the interface options/features.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

I'm running PROcede REV 2.5 Stage 3 aggressive maps with no hiccups whatsoever. I read threads abuot misfiring, jerking, etc etc, but im experiencnig none of that. It's very easy to use (even for a noob like me)

Power is amazing. 3rd gear is pure beast on these maps. I've already killed an IS-F and B8 S4. I'm FBO, no meth.
Appreciate 0