E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Fog Light Lens Condensation

03-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
hey joe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 330d

Fog Light Lens Condensation

Noticed yesterday condensation inside the front fog light lenses. About 1/3 coverage on one, about 1/4 on the other.

Any ideas how to clear it ?

At the risk of infuriating some on here, being accused of thinking I'm a police car, getting pulled over by a real police car, etc, etc (!!) ... I'm thinking of going for a drive with them on. But not to-day as it's raining hard here. Do you think that would generate some heat to clear them.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Either get a sachet of silica gel inside each light, or wait till the weather dries up and take the caps off the back for a couple of days.
      03-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Note that this is not a similar problem, but i condensation build up on the inside of the headlamp lenses after washing the car once. I used left the bonnet up for half hour whilst it was parked on the drive. The combination of that along with leaving the bulbs on for a while got rid of the issue and has failed to come back since.

Obviously take into account the possibility that maybe one or more of seals may need of replacing or that the cap maybe have dislodged a tiny bit and also that the fogs and Xenon bulbs emit different levels of heat.

P.s I am a newbie. Just giving my 2 pence.
Appreciate 0