E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Corsa speedo not working

05-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
e92liv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10

Corsa speedo not working

Not sure if I should of posted this in the off topic as its non BMW - mods please move if it's an issue!

Speedo stopped working on the little corsa - just the speedometer - rev counter, fuel gage etc all still working fine.

Any ideas? I part took the dask apart and removed the dials cluster to look for loose wire - but it's a multiple pin connector and all wires seemed fine.

Took front near side wheel off and had a look at the sensor, had some grime around it, used some Cotten buds to remove largest bits of grime but it didn't look too bad really- didn't fix it

It's not dead, dead, as sometimes going over a bump the speedo springs into life, then dies again? Sound like a wiring problem? Wiring problem sounds tricky to locate and therefor expensive to fix? Not sure what to do really, apparently the mechanics as Vauxhall won't speak to you unless you pay for an inspection?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
garytc78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

I'm no expert but I reckon you'd have more joy if you maybe posted this on a corsa forum or maybe Google it.
      05-14-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
e92liv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytc78
I'm no expert but I reckon you'd have more joy if you maybe posted this on a corsa forum or maybe Google it.
You might have a point!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

Burn it

Just kidding, depending on the price I would try changing the speed sensor on the gearbox. I had the same problem on a Peugeot and it was great when it failed coming up to a speed camera. The wiring is normally well protected and it would be a right ballache trying to find out where the issue is.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
The only thing I can help you with is that you are right about Vauxhall charging you for and inspection.

Take it to an indy
Appreciate 0