E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > LED marker for E90 angel eye

12-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #23
Soikiu
Malaysian Invasion
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eywt View Post
Thanks little_croco, mine is E90 LCI (323i). I'm not sure whether the prev owner had replaced the entire kit. Perhaps I will take it to Cargym for check-up. Thanks.
Hi, Cargym only sells products, they don't offer service. They will refer to you to a workshop for that. Just FYI bro.
When I installed angel eyes on my E90 LCI, there were some parts that had to be removed in order to get to the headlight unit, the bumper being one of them.
They basically removed the bumper to get to the headlight housing. They removed it and installed the angel eyes. Took em almost an hour for the whole process. The MTec unit I have consists of the bulb and a "metal rod" which houses all the wirings / transformers etc. The Metal rod is stuck to the side of my headlight housing.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #24
eywt
Rep
Drives: E90 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soikiu View Post
Hi, Cargym only sells products, they don't offer service. They will refer to you to a workshop for that. Just FYI bro.
When I installed angel eyes on my E90 LCI, there were some parts that had to be removed in order to get to the headlight unit, the bumper being one of them.
They basically removed the bumper to get to the headlight housing. They removed it and installed the angel eyes. Took em almost an hour for the whole process. The MTec unit I have consists of the bulb and a "metal rod" which houses all the wirings / transformers etc. The Metal rod is stuck to the side of my headlight housing.
Thanks Soikiu, I called cargym and the salesman said that the angel eyes are only sold in kit set. Therefore I need to replace the transformer as well even though it may still work. I doubt that... By the way, they are currently out of stock. Could any bro's recommend other workshop to me for fixing the headlights? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #25
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by eywt View Post
Thanks Soikiu, I called cargym and the salesman said that the angel eyes are only sold in kit set. Therefore I need to replace the transformer as well even though it may still work. I doubt that... By the way, they are currently out of stock. Could any bro's recommend other workshop to me for fixing the headlights? Thanks.
we are in the states if you dont mind the shipping time, but we dont carry HID angel eyes, just LED only, none of our LED angel eyes have any heating issues and we offer warranty with every order.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 01:47 AM   #26
babywai
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 323

I have interest to change the Angel eyes bulb from yellow to White, may i know where to buy mtec bulb and how much is that?

Do any brother know which garage can install for me ?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 01:52 AM   #27
babywai
Enlisted Member
Rep

http://www.cargym.com/bmw-e90-e91-3s...07-p-1362.html

is this one good ?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 05:18 AM   #28
NuBeetle
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 323iA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by babywai View Post
Get a better one! --> PIAA, MTEC, LUX
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 05:41 AM   #29
babywai
Enlisted Member
Rep

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBeetle View Post
Get a better one! --> PIAA, MTEC, LUX
Where can buy in hk? And if there any garage do the installation
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #30
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
we have the many types of MTEC lighting to choose from for all BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #31
NuBeetle
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 323iA

Garage List
Quote:
Cargym carry PIAA angel eyes.
For MTEC and LUX, you've to purchase online.
For installation, you may read the DIY guide from e90post first, if you think that's a hard job, simply let it done by your mechanic.
For your reference, bimmer garage Po ShXng in Hung Hom, they charge $200 - $400 for this bulb swapping job ...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #32
babywai
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBeetle View Post
Cargym carry PIAA angel eyes.
For MTEC and LUX, you've to purchase online.
For installation, you may read the DIY guide from e90post first, if you think that's a hard job, simply let it done by your mechanic.
For your reference, bimmer garage Po ShXng in Hung Hom, they charge $200 - $400 for this bulb swapping job ...
Many thanks c hing
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #33
seemebreakthis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Many thanks c hing
If you buy MTEC you probably have to re-code your car to make your AE's nice and bright when you turn on your parking lights. Otherwise they will only operate at half their maximum rated voltage making them very dim during the day.

LUX doesn't require any coding because it regulates the voltage to give you max illumination at all times. But with LUX you will stop getting your usual fade-in / fade-out when you start / stop your engine.

See this post for more info on the MTEC's I installed: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751736. I ended up re-coding my car to get DRL and to keep the AEs bright when car is on low beam or parking lights.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #34
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E92 | N55 F15 | N55 E70

Installing Angel Eyes on an E92/ E90 LCI is either one of two extremes, easy as pie or down right impossible.

The only thing setting the two extremes apart are the size of your digits. Big hands make this job impossible. You will curse and scream and wish to god you could hack off parts of your hands. If you see a young child wandering around forget about child labor laws and just bribe the kid to put them in for you. Candy should do the trick
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 02:59 AM   #35
babywai
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemebreakthis View Post
If you buy MTEC you probably have to re-code your car to make your AE's nice and bright when you turn on your parking lights. Otherwise they will only operate at half their maximum rated voltage making them very dim during the day.

LUX doesn't require any coding because it regulates the voltage to give you max illumination at all times. But with LUX you will stop getting your usual fade-in / fade-out when you start / stop your engine.

See this post for more info on the MTEC's I installed: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751736. I ended up re-coding my car to get DRL and to keep the AEs bright when car is on low beam or parking lights.
May i ask how to re-code ? Do any brother know how to do it ? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 03:15 AM   #36
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E92 | N55 F15 | N55 E70

Quote:
May i ask how to re-code ? Do any brother know how to do it ? Thanks.
I can help you connect remotely to a professional coder in the US. If you don't mind coming to Mid-Levels on a Saturday or Sunday morning, it will take 20 minutes. Whatsapp/iMessage me 6600 2895.
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #37
babywai
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
I can help you connect remotely to a professional coder in the US. If you don't mind coming to Mid-Levels on a Saturday or Sunday morning, it will take 20 minutes. Whatsapp/iMessage me 6600 2895.
Thanks, i will get my bulb installed first and will get help from you. Many thanks.
Appreciate 0