E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Question about PE mod and drone

07-19-2021, 08:57 PM   #23
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

[QUOTE=BavarianMotorWorks;27821685] I have very sensible ears and noises like these rewlly get on my nerve. I can assure you that my setup has abolutly no drone. Yes the in cabin noise of the is louder (not annoying at all especially when cruising to mid-high rpm), its inevitable but there is no drone or raspiness it's a very high quality sound.

The performqnce exhaust from BMW comes exactky like the mod you are doing. I remember in a post someone sacrificed his PE exhaust and choped it open, it was exactly the same concept and setup.

Yes with MHD the flap remains open except on cold start. I thought stock it would act like this as well but it's been so long so I can't say.
      07-19-2021, 09:57 PM   #24
BavarianMotorWorks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i xDrive

[QUOTE=TheGoodTheBadTheUgly;27822248]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianMotorWorks View Post
I have very sensible ears and noises like these rewlly get on my nerve. I can assure you that my setup has abolutly no drone. Yes the in cabin noise of the is louder (not annoying at all especially when cruising to mid-high rpm), its inevitable but there is no drone or raspiness it's a very high quality sound.

The performqnce exhaust from BMW comes exactky like the mod you are doing. I remember in a post someone sacrificed his PE exhaust and choped it open, it was exactly the same concept and setup.

Yes with MHD the flap remains open except on cold start. I thought stock it would act like this as well but it's been so long so I can't say.
Okay good to know that you're pretty sensitive to drone as well.

I don't mind more volume of the exhaust note like you describe. It's just the bassy resonance and drone that would bother me.

I think you have me convinced to stop by my local exhaust shop.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #25
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianMotorWorks View Post
Okay good to know that you're pretty sensitive to drone as well.

I don't mind more volume of the exhaust note like you describe. It's just the bassy resonance and drone that would bother me.

I think you have me convinced to stop by my local exhaust shop.
I will try to grab you a sound clip but I can't guaranty its quality hahaha.